Fix the rattling side door or the wife is off! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Fix the rattling side door or the wife is off!

The Bear
17-04-08, 14:47
Any advice [apart from ear plugs or drugging the poor wife] on how to easy/stop the rattling slide door on the t4 please. Thank you.

kiteBored
17-04-08, 15:22
have the same problem>>>I:

robblackheart
17-04-08, 15:27
i had the same problem about a year ago, at the top and the bottom of the sliding door you can adjust how far the door pulls in, i losened off the bolts and pulled it in a fraction.
it solved the problem and has not made a noise since.
thats what worked in mine anyways, hope this helps, :)

garry88lwb
17-04-08, 16:18
Pack the two locator on the b pillor with grease. one on the top and one on the bottom. VW fix. do pack them right up. Have to do it once a year. garry

The Bear
18-04-08, 17:23
Thanks guys. I will try both this weekend.

Jim Doodle
18-04-08, 18:56
My latch had worn through the plastic part. Bit of electrical tape, lovely old job!

ahay!
18-04-08, 19:24
Pack the two locator on the b pillor with grease. one on the top and one on the bottom. VW fix. do pack them right up. Have to do it once a year. garry

Worked for me T:

vanbling
19-04-08, 13:09
Great for getting on your clothes though :(

I don't personally like bodge fixes like that, I prefer to adjust the witches hats and locators as they all have a certain amount of movement in them. Also the top and bottom runners and there is also adjustment for the mid side slider behind the door panel. Its juggling alot of different things but can be done.

Soulstyledevon
08-08-08, 08:01

I got this problem, will a bit of WD40 be ok to use. Am sure i have squeak from the handle as well, anyone else had this?

Jurasik
08-08-08, 09:13
I had this problem. I solved it by spraying lithium grease into the socket, whilst wiggling it with my finger in the socket. I made sure that I worked the grease into the spring behind the socket. No more squeaking! T:

T4 Tom
08-08-08, 16:12
I got this problem, will a bit of WD40 be ok to use. Am sure i have squeak from the handle as well, anyone else had this?

I think you'd be better off using actual grease rather than a lube, something that comes in a tub and sticks to your fingers kinda thing

Also, I'm getting really confused these days, we seems to have bear, big bad bear, the bear.... all these bears I dunno who's who any more :eek: H:

nbsurf
09-08-08, 07:22
Silicone spray works a treat and doesn't leave a horrble mess on clothes (you thought the squeek was divorce material, wait till she gets grease on the posh frock!). Mine need doing regularly but it only takes seconds.

simplepsy
09-08-08, 08:05
I think you'd be better off using actual grease rather than a lube, something that comes in a tub and sticks to your fingers kinda thing

Also, I'm getting really confused these days, we seems to have bear, big bad bear, the bear.... all these bears I dunno who's who any more :eek: H:

Worse than that... WD40 isnt even a lube. Its a water displacer. It makes rubbish lube as people keep finding out when they use it to clean their bearings on ther skateboards.

GT85 would be about the best spray lube, but lithium grease spray has better thermal resistance and does not run like GT85 T:

Soulstyledevon
09-08-08, 09:16
Cheers guys, i will pick up some grease today:ILU:

Dazboi
09-08-08, 09:20

someone will obviously take teddy bear! LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

Wavestarved
11-08-08, 15:09
Fix the rattling side door or the wife is off!

*If I'd realised it was that easy I'd've bought a bag of marbells and a tin box!!!
Just kidding dear!

Soulstyledevon
14-08-08, 13:04
Thanks peeps, the grease worked!
Now all i gotta do is rip out the camper conversion i did and it should be nice and quiet whilst driving.

fat bloke no fingers
14-08-08, 13:13
Some people have all the luck ;)
I have the same problem.
Unfortunately my wife has no intention of going anywhere I::(

T: