whats it worth? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

whats it worth?

ady
21-06-08, 15:05
After 3 miserable years with my T5, i want rid and go back to a T4.
I have spotted a 2002 52 VW Caravelle Multivan (1 sliding door) TDi dunno if its an 88 or 102. SWB Automatic 1-owner 52,000miles A/C with full climate control Reimo high top in Jazz blue, it looks mint and will have 12months Mot and all belts etc changed.
It has got a rear ramp fitted for wheelchair use which is what we need so the seating is slightly different to a standard van, he wants 13.500 for it he is a trader and will supply 12 months warranty also, what do you think its worth?

http://www.gfclarke.com/12-17/p/030.jpg
http://www.gfclarke.com/12-17/p/025.jpg
http://www.gfclarke.com/12-17/p/027.jpg
http://www.gfclarke.com/12-17/p/029.jpg

ady
22-06-08, 23:31
Judging by the responses and the threads on auto's i maybe should shy away from this one thenI:

vanbling
22-06-08, 23:45
Low mileage and a genuine multivan.
You'll have to get another multivan bed and fit. That will cost you around 700 for a second hand one from German ebay.

BANANAVAN
23-06-08, 00:45
Computer Says "no"

I know that fitting a ramp is quite a bit of money but not that much!!!

brainy
23-06-08, 07:24
im pretty new to the t4 scene but thats sound abit on the expensive side....jump on ebay (they seem to be cheaper than ever) or see some of the guys on here that uy and sell the vans.....
for 12.5k you would get a van with all the kit you need with all the bits you would change ie wheel , lowered etc...:cool:

Sam
23-06-08, 07:57
I think the autobox fears are not as bad as they seem but I would absolutely get the box fluid and filter changed (by the trader) and make sure the box is covered on the warranty. All that said, it still seems a bit expensive.

ady
27-06-08, 11:05
thanks for the reply's, the rear seats are not needed as we need the ramp etc for the wheelchair, the conversion to fit a ramp and tracking is approx 1200, the only thing this does need is a slap with a lowering stick and some better wheels, he has offered a decent price for my T5 but was hoping for a little more, might just sit on it a while and see what comes up.:ILU:

Soulstyledevon
27-06-08, 13:39
Ady, just out of interest whats so bad about the T5?

batfastard
27-06-08, 15:23
One point to remember is that a traders warranty, if it is one he buys through a company and gives you the pretty, shiny brochure, only covers things that break.
It doesn't cover 'fair wear and tear' and although this is a fairly broad term, it usually means anything that packs up after you part with your money!
Gearbox, alternator, engine, dashboard etc will all be classed as wear and tear items.
However, if a door handle breaks, they might get all generous and give you 50% towards the replacement

ady
27-06-08, 15:48
Ady, just out of interest whats so bad about the T5?

Its a mixture of the dealer and the car, 1st day we went to collect it it still had all the stickers and wax on it, the dealer wasnt interested, since new it has been back in for air con condenser x3 air bag light kept coming on, they changed every sensor they could for that but it was only fixed when they changed the column and door hinge, electric doors kept failing leaving a door open and the car in limp mode, its had 2 bottom ball joints, intercooler pipe, parking sensors have been a pain, and it attracts bad drivers, we have never had a bump in any car till we got this, and at the moment it is in the bodyshop for the 3rd time for front end repairs, 1200 worth of work just cos a daft bint in thw queue in front of us selected reverse instead of 1st. all the bumps were not our fault but its got to the point now where we are wondering what next.
The biggest problem we have is every time it needs work on it, we have to take it to the dealer 60 miles away before 5pm, they give us a polo ?? loan car then we collect ours again at 8am, as the commercials only work on vehicles at night. its beyond a joke when it needs to go in at least every month.
apart from the problems, i cannot fault the drive comfort or power the caravelle has, its our 4th vw and the only one we are disapointed in, so we would like to go back a step to a t4, at least then i can do some of the work on it myself.
If i told you who the dealer was and what i thaught of them i would get kicked off here for sure, but i am a breakdown technician for a roadside rescue service, and i always put anyone off going to that dealers if i can.:c

ady
27-06-08, 15:52
One point to remember is that a traders warranty, if it is one he buys through a company and gives you the pretty, shiny brochure, only covers things that break.
It doesn't cover 'fair wear and tear' and although this is a fairly broad term, it usually means anything that packs up after you part with your money!
Gearbox, alternator, engine, dashboard etc will all be classed as wear and tear items.
However, if a door handle breaks, they might get all generous and give you 50% towards the replacement

i know what you mean, the dealer has a very good reputation, and has been recomended by 2 others, he only deals with adapted vehicles, he has offered to bring the car from kent to us in North Yorks so we can try it for a day or so, cant say fairer than that.