Halfrauds!!!! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Halfrauds!!!!

Mozzer
24-06-08, 18:04
Well popped into local halfords today to pick up some touch up paint for me van!......had paint code and very helpful guy mixed me up a can and a touch up bottle...fantastic i thought.....off to the check out..........:c18:c.....bloody hell didnt expect it to cost that:confused: anyway should keep me busy...

BANANAVAN
24-06-08, 18:07
:eek:

I found quite early on in life that its best to ask / check the price of stuff before hand! T:

but 18 :eek:

Conspiracy
24-06-08, 18:24
Hey fella,

I always use Hex Holdings over on Cardrew Ind Est, perfect match, fraction of the cost ;)

See ya soon

Ceers

Chris :ILU:

Steve W
24-06-08, 18:24
Jesus........ 18 wot a rip offf. I got my local VAG Dealer to get me a small touch up paint for my van recently an it cost me 2.10p. An it came from VW Breeze in Toton.

Bloomin Halfrauds struke again.
Chow, Steve W.

crftom
24-06-08, 18:55
Well popped into local halfords today to pick up some touch up paint for me van!......had paint code and very helpful guy mixed me up a can and a touch up bottle...fantastic i thought.....off to the check out..........:c18:c.....bloody hell didnt expect it to cost that:confused: anyway should keep me busy...

mate they have charged you wrong at the till 18 is the price for a liter of piant, halfords touch ups are 4.99

tom

fishface220
24-06-08, 19:25
Got caught the same. 10-99 for a 300ml can! Off the shelf is 4-99 (if they stock your colour) but to get the friendly staff to put their skill into reading a computer screen you have to pay a premium!

I need to get some more but not from there again!

rjm
24-06-08, 20:16
Go to a local paint suppliers and they should be able to fix you up with small quantities or VW parts department for a small touch up set.

supachip
25-06-08, 19:49
The paint i ordered from VW is now in stock . 2 spray cans & 2 touch up sticks total cost 16.94 . I dont know individual prices but for sure a lot cheaper than halfraudsT:

fishface220
25-06-08, 20:17
Looks like a phone call to my local VW dealer then! (I did say I wouldn't use them again since they :cme off with a locking wheel nut key but money talks!!!!)

surfichick
26-06-08, 15:41
I recently popped into lcal half's to get a wing mirror. Was told it was a custom cut (stick on glass only), costing around 28 and they would need the old mirror to copy the shape!!!! I explained that the old mirror is in approx 40 pieces, the young sales ass didn't know what to say, useless!!
Found one online at a fraction of the cost, won't popping in there anytime soon, lol.