25-06-08, 23:38
although the lights work ok
the high beam indicator in the dash has failed
is this an MOT failure ?
thanks in advance
Kev

VET 4 THE INSANE
26-06-08, 06:25
the only "telltale" dash/switch lights you need for mot are indicators/hazards & rear fog lamp bud

batfastard
26-06-08, 10:59
You forgot Lambda, air-bag and ABS lights which have to work if system fitted :eek:

dsa
26-06-08, 16:34
High beem warning should be working for mot i know as my old capri failed for this

VET 4 THE INSANE
27-06-08, 19:46
You forgot Lambda, air-bag and ABS lights which have to work if system fitted :eek:

yeah sorry forgot ABS

LAMBDA,AIRBAG,SERVICE,EPS,TC,AUTO G`BOX,ENGINE MANAGEMENT,AIRCON,HANDBRAKE,BRAKE PAD WEAR INDICATOR ARE NOT PART OF AN MOT TEST FITTED OR NOT.

VET 4 THE INSANE
27-06-08, 20:18
High beem warning should be working for mot i know as my old capri failed for this

I`VE BEEN TESTING CLASSES 1,2,4 & 7 FOR 15+ YEARS UNFORTUNATLEY (RATHER BE RATTLIN SPANNERS)
MAINBEAM TELLTAIL ISN`T NOR HAS IT EVER BEEN A TESTABLE ITEM

THERE ARE MORE GREY AREAS IN THE MOT TESTING MANUALS THAN A NAVY SHIPYARD &
THERE ARE A SHEDLOAD OF URBAN MYTHS AS FAR AS MOTS GO

1.SPARE WHEEL-NOT TESTABLE
2.FRONT SIDE LAMP (MOTORCYCLES)-NOT TESTABLE
3.WHEEL BEARINGS-CAN BE HIDIOUSLY NOISY BUT IF IT IS NOT ROUGH WHEN WHEEL SPAN & NO EXCESSIVE PLAY TECHNICALLY NOT A FAILURE
4.REAR CV GAITERS/JOINTS-NOT TESTABLE UNLESS PART OF SUSPENSION DESIGN
5.FRONT CV JOINTS/DRIVESHAFTS-NOT TESTABLE APART FROM FRONT GAITERS(OUTERS ONLY)

I COULD CARRY ON ALL NIGHT BUT I`M SURE IT WOULD BORE YOU JUST AS MUCH AS IT DOES ME
IN THEORY YOU SHOULD GET THE SAME TEST & RESULT AT EVERY TESTING STATION BUT DUE TO VOSA`S RELENTLESS INEPTABILITY TO PROPERLY REGULATE QUALITY IN FASTFIT TYPE GARAGES & ONGOING POLICY TO ALLOW GARAGES TO CARRY OUT CHEAP FEE MOTS YOU WILL FIND THAT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.MONKEYS/PEANUTS ETC

I`M NOT A JOBSWORTH HONEST BUD