Support needed [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Support needed

FrankC
05-07-08, 18:30
Sorry guys I know this thread has been covered extensively but I need some support from you all to convince my wife to nuy a Khyam Awning!!!! Say some thing about their wind resistance, reliability, strength in storm conditions etc etc and all other good things that you know and love about them and it might just convince to come away from the old 6 berth tent need more room thing she has got going. Im trying to keep things T4 rather the T-ent
if you know what I mean....

Cheers!T:

jane/rob&dennis
05-07-08, 18:51
Sorry but Khyam's aren't that fab, ask Simon(reimoboy) whether he's replaced the two broken poles from the other weekend?

What's wrong with a tent pitched next to the van?

Stop being a Van snob just cause you have a T4 doesn't mean you have to have the matching Khyam and Cobb.

If there's nothing wrong with the existing tent why waste money on another.

Rob:)

budgie
05-07-08, 19:10
Ive having the same idea tent at the side i was going to get a kyham to much money but are a good tent stick with what you haveT:

FrankC
05-07-08, 23:52
Sorry but Khyam's aren't that fab, ask Simon(reimoboy) whether he's replaced the two broken poles from the other weekend?

What's wrong with a tent pitched next to the van?

Stop being a Van snob just cause you have a T4 doesn't mean you have to have the matching Khyam and Cobb.

If there's nothing wrong with the existing tent why waste money on another.

I know you are right guys - I have a tent but the problem is its pretty :( and I want the awning cos it means I can store my bikes fastened to the van in the dry [bike cost 2k!] as well.:confused: But yep I get your point and thanks for the info about the broken pole!T:

T4 Tom
06-07-08, 00:01
if it makes you happy, get the awning... what use is money when your dead?

scruffyherbert
06-07-08, 08:56

Exactly. There's no pockets in shrouds I:

What about a JustKampers one? Never had problems with ours BUT DON'T USE THE SUCTION CLAMPS!!!!!!!! :c:c

SandMonster
06-07-08, 09:04
I didn't get on with my khyam (Motordome classic) - i've since sold it & got a royal traveller tunnel for 130 (incl inner & groundsheet) - takes a little longer to erect (not much more on a very windy day), but seems to be well made and waterproof.

But if you've got the money - like paople said, you can't take it with youT:

jayb
06-07-08, 10:05
Kyhams are great for putting up on your own
The quality doesn`t seem any better than other makes
I think they are slightly over priced for what they are
I have a Reimo too and that is well made, cheaper too

jane/rob&dennis
06-07-08, 20:37
I know you are right guys - I have a tent but the problem is its pretty :( and I want the awning cos it means I can store my bikes fastened to the van in the dry [bike cost 2k!] as well.:confused: But yep I get your point and thanks for the info about the broken pole!T:

Know where you are coming from, not unusual to have a couple of grands worth of bikes chained to the front tow loop and covered by a Fiama bike cover.

We've got a 99 reimo awming, no bed rooms but does the job, as has been said already not the easiest to pitch single handed but not imposible, lighter and stows smaller as well.

If you have the money get what YOU want and don't listern to the rest of us T:T:

muddyhell
06-07-08, 20:55

Tom always looking on the bright side of life WITH 666 posts as well :eek::eek:

Mate if you are going for an awning go for the best you can afford..a tunnel is great ..the arguments arnt.. a tent is great but having to go outside to get into either isn't ..which one do you plan to sleep/cook/live in?..the last thing you want to do is fork out money for one or the other and regret it later.. Choice is yours but I love our Kyham :D