12 seater bus help required [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

12 seater bus help required

t4mark
06-07-08, 20:39
hi all got my eye on a t4 thats had the seats taken out. the only thing im not sure about is

1 it drives nice but on tickover it sound a bit rattly i know the tappets need lookin at but is there anything else i should be lookin for.The glowplug light on the dash not workin, also it has twin slidin doors ,all windows. as this is down on the logbook as a 12 seat bus will i be able to change it to a multi van by lettin the dvla know its only got 5 seats , oh its an N reg 245000 2 owners 400 got 5 month mot no tax would appreciate your feedback as im suposed to be pickin it up 2morrow night .

HECKY
06-07-08, 20:52
for 400 squids mate, you cant go wrong T:

t4mark
06-07-08, 21:14
for 400 squids mate, you cant go wrong T:

cheers mate sorted then ,will post some pics as soon as i got it H:

carlhusky
06-07-08, 21:27
hi all got my eye on a t4 thats had the seats taken out. the only thing im not sure about is

1 it drives nice but on tickover it sound a bit rattly i know the tappets need lookin at but is there anything else i should be lookin for.The glowplug light on the dash not workin, also it has twin slidin doors ,all windows. as this is down on the logbook as a 12 seat bus will i be able to change it to a multi van by lettin the dvla know its only got 5 seats , oh its an N reg 245000 2 owners 400 got 5 month mot no tax would appreciate your feedback as im suposed to be pickin it up 2morrow night .

As long as you've got cat D1 on your license you should be ok with the driving bit

nbsurf
07-07-08, 19:17
Put it this way: If you decide you don't want it you'll sell it within an hour, for a profit, on here! T:

Kleftiwallah
08-07-08, 15:01
Double sliding doors grab it. If it's a syncro grab it yesterday. Tony.

t4mark
08-07-08, 17:57
Double sliding doors grab it. If it's a syncro grab it yesterday. Tony.

not a syncro but ok i like the idea of double doors though:)

Black van man
08-07-08, 18:14
you could always buy it and break it. Glove boxes go for 72.oo for a start :)T:

t4mark
08-07-08, 22:48
you could always buy it and break it. Glove boxes go for 72.oo for a start :)T:

pickin it up friday just done the dealH:H:H:H:

stridey
09-07-08, 07:04
My own van, a twin slider, was configured by Devon and called a 'Varient' by them, as a 12 seater... 2 in front, row of 3, row of 3, final row of 4 (!) in a folding tip over type bench seat at the very rear. It must have been cosy.

My insurance company were fine as I told them I would not be carrying any more than 5 passengers until seat removal.

I informed the DVLA that its new capacity was 5 and they amended the V5 to 5 seater, T4 transporter, don't think they will put will put 'multivan'. A later amendment of colour, fuel type and 'motorcaravan' classification was done a while back.

And I love my twin slider. Yes it makes conversion 'different' but some people use the slider as rear acces to cupboards, me, I use it for access and love being able to shove shopping in from the driver side, and having both doors open on a hot day with the 'helicopter in 'nam look'.

Well done and ENJOY!

t4mark
09-07-08, 18:46
[QUOTE=stridey;131503]My own van, a twin slider, was configured by Devon and called a 'Varient' by them, as a 12 seater... 2 in front, row of 3, row of 3, final row of 4 (!) in a folding tip over type bench seat at the very rear. It must have been cosy.

My insurance company were fine as I told them I would not be carrying any more than 5 passengers until seat removal.

I informed the DVLA that its new capacity was 5 and they amended the V5 to 5 seater, T4 transporter, don't think they will put will put 'multivan'. A later amendment of colour, fuel type and 'motorcaravan' classification was done a while back.

And I love my twin slider. Yes it makes conversion 'different' but some people use the slider as rear acces to cupboards, me, I use it for access and love being able to shove shopping in from the driver side, and having both doors open on a hot day with the 'helicopter in 'nam look'.

yeh thats a spot on description of it , thats really great to know now i have been offered a v reg ex aa van 70,000 on the clock for 600 but aint got the cash and it in london :(

StinkBomber
09-07-08, 20:10
[QUOTE=stridey;131503]i have been offered a v reg ex aa van 70,000 on the clock for 600 but aint got the cash and it in london :(

Don't suppose you want to PM me the contact details for that I:
Sounds like an ideal base for project StinkBox! :D