heater panel [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

heater panel

nam441
07-07-08, 18:34
just a quick one guys.does anyone know how to remove the dash heater panel and is it an awkward job?i think my heat selection dial/switch(hot to cold and back) switch has become disconnected,its not the valve as i have tested it manually so i still get cold/hot air,just not from using the switch!
have to lift the bonnet to adjust the heating!!:eek::eek:try that on the m5!H:

nam441
08-07-08, 04:49
its a 2001 yreg,cheers

GlynH
08-07-08, 09:46
As above the trim panel just pops off...

Regarding the screws there are only 4 of them on my 1998 T4 and the controls can be wiggled through the gap. T:

Mine has broken the plastic 'frame' where the metal clip secures the cable so will need a new panel complete...:(

Had the problem since I bought the van in 2003 - the garage fitted a new heater valve in the hose under the bonnet but that never cured it - it was always unable to close that last 1/4" which meant it always blew warm.

Not a problem in the winter but a PITA in the summer...

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

nam441
08-07-08, 15:02
cheers guys,will have a play:)

itsaminibus
08-07-08, 15:44
you can also remove the top panel fron the lower ccentre console by undoing 4 screws, then you should be able to get you hands in there as well.

PaulMela
08-07-08, 16:08
Mines gone aswell, needs a complete new panel as the plastic has become brittle and is falling apart.

nam441
08-07-08, 16:37
right, after some investigative dismantling i've found that the grey arm at the back,which the cable connects to is broken:confused:
the end is ball shaped and that is what sits on the back of the switch and as you turn the dial it pushes the cable thus opening the valve or vice versa.it seems quite alot of pressure on a plastic component bearing in mind how stiff mine was to turn!you thought they may have had the foresight to make it out of metal or alloy?!
anyone got a spare heater panel going withall the bits on the back??T:

PaulMela
08-07-08, 18:41
right, after some investigative dismantling i've found that the grey arm at the back,which the cable connects to is broken:confused:
the end is ball shaped and that is what sits on the back of the switch and as you turn the dial it pushes the cable thus opening the valve or vice versa.it seems quite alot of pressure on a plastic component bearing in mind how stiff mine was to turn!you thought they may have had the foresight to make it out of metal or alloy?!
anyone got a spare heater panel going withall the bits on the back??T:

There pants really, mines gone in the same place. I wonder how much a new one is???