Cornwall caravan sites? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Cornwall caravan sites?

Wavestarved
11-07-08, 18:29
Hey all,
I'm after some recomendations for caravan sites on the Cornish coast. What I need is for them to be dog friendly, close to a decent surfing beach, somewhere out of Newquay, be van driving caravan towing pikey family friendly, and within driving distance of pretty Cornish fishing village type scenery, must have good shower facilities, pub/club/entertainment not important (in fact preferably without). I asked this a while ago and got mucho recomendation for Gwithian, unfortunately they're fully booked for a good while.
Any help with this will be appreciated, planning for mid August (busy week Sat 16th onwards)
Cheers.

loubelou
12-07-08, 23:52
Hello, Try Sunny View in Sennen Park. About 2 miles from Lands End. Comes reccommended by the Mattski one who is like a local in those parts. T:

Samwise
13-07-08, 01:07
Gwithian Farm Park in Gwithian is an excellent campsite, campervan friendly and very near the beach - (5 min walk).

A bit further north is the UPPER Tamar Lake, (Nr bude and kilkhampton) its a inland lake about 5miles from the bude beaches, sandymouth, duckpool etc. I camped there about 8 times last year, didn't pay but they have toilets, showers, and washing facilities with the little camping field at the lake. Head for the Upper lake as that is where the camping field is. I just turned up in the field and set my kit up. Very quiet and pretty.

Another near padstow is padstow farm campsite (On the right hand side of the road about 3/4 mile before the tesco). Its signposted and family friendly.

Hope that helps

colese
13-07-08, 05:28
hello mate try the tolegate on the way into perranporth,about 8 miles away from newquay,situated right at the entrance of a large site called haven.about a mile away from the large site though so perfect if you need anything,v quiet,v clean,all the wasshing facilities,but a quarter of the price of the haven site.bargain.............happy camping.be down there myself in a few weeks.:ILU:

West Stabbo Customs
13-07-08, 09:21
As you come into perranporth a the bottom of the hill (coming from newquay side) theres a site on your left thats pretty good or theres St Ives bay caravan park at hale where i'll be in 6 days time A:A::cool:

t4newguy
13-07-08, 16:56
I have just stayed at Treago farm campsite just outside crantock near newquay It has a small bar with seperate buildings for pool and table tennis. we found it peaceful and is within walking distance of the beach and has cubert common on the doorstep with some nice walks also small stream for fishing if your into that ,very friendly people with very clean a tidy showers and toilets .plus reasonbly priced.

rob1mitch
13-07-08, 17:13
Just got back from Crantock plains caravan park near Newquay, a cracking little site with great facillities and really quiet at night well away from the chavyness of the centre there were a few dogs about so obviously allowed.
Just a suggestion cos the surfs pretty good
know what you mean with the whole newquay thing, that place has really gone downhill over the years im sure it used to be nice place with no chavvy little b:cs

nealglover
13-07-08, 18:48
Does anyone know the name of the other site near Gwithian Farm ?

If you came out of Gwithian Farm and turned left and went towards The Sandsifter, its on the left about 5 mins walk from Gwithian Farm and the Pub.

PaulMela
13-07-08, 19:17
Just got back from Crantock plains caravan park near Newquay, a cracking little site with great facillities and really quiet at night well away from the chavyness of the centre there were a few dogs about so obviously allowed.
Just a suggestion cos the surfs pretty good
know what you mean with the whole newquay thing, that place has really gone downhill over the years im sure it used to be nice place with no chavvy little b:cs

Has it got that bad down there? I used to go all the time but haven't been able to for a number of years.

big s
13-07-08, 20:12
Have you tried Hendra site bout 3 miles outta Newquay
there a couple weeks ago also down there on 9th Aug - 23 Aug they allow Dogs and got everything on site Boozer Club Swimming Pool ETC
Big SRasp:

Conspiracy
13-07-08, 20:15

If you came out of Gwithian Farm and turned left and went towards The Sandsifter, its on the left about 5 mins walk from Gwithian Farm and the Pub.

If one of these dont ring a bell http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/townlisting.asp?town=Hayle, let me know and I will pop up 2moro evenin 4 u ;)

Cheers

Chris :ILU:

Wavestarved
14-07-08, 11:21
Thanks loads to everyone for your help with this. I'm at work at the minute (ssshhhh, don't tell the boss) but I'll check some of these suggestions out on 't' intriweb when Oi gets me home laters (just getting into Cornwall mode there)
Thanks again.

bigcat
14-07-08, 11:42

I think it's called Churchtown Farm ?

EDIT;

Yes, here you go Neal,

http://www.churchtownfarm.org.uk/

Snapshot50
14-07-08, 11:45
Ive been going to trevella for about 5 years now is great clean site with all the necessaties you want, its by crantock beach in newquay though! You are local to severall beach's when swell is good all provide a good day's surf :):)

Snapshot50
14-07-08, 11:48
Has it got that bad down there? I used to go all the time but haven't been able to for a number of years.

also now what you mean with chavs boardmasters several years ago nearly came to blows with a chav and Im the most none violent perso in the world, however have still managed to find some quiet places to go out and if its raining you can still get good surf session . Of you seek you shall find :):)

tikone
14-07-08, 13:19
Penvose Farm's a good un.
(I would say that though, i live thereI:)
top of the hill at Watergate with its own fishing lakes if the mood takes ya.
And right next to the Airbase if u are one of those strange types that lurk in bushes with binoculars and a flask!

Mr Mega
14-07-08, 20:36
Another vote for Gwithian Farm, Excellent site, Watergate bay also very good