T4 synchro 2.5tdi - ex Fire Service Rescue? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

T4 synchro 2.5tdi - ex Fire Service Rescue?

spirals
23-01-12, 15:53
Just spotted this for auction on Witham's site which might be of interest to someone out there:
http://www.mod-sales.com/auction/vehicle/related/40524/VW_T4_Transporter_4x4_Van.htm
http://www.mod-sales.com/thumb/phpThumb.php?src=../images/product/1327333105vw transporter synchro pic7 .jpeg.JPG.JPG&w=400&h=340&zc=1&fltr[]=wmi|../images/over.png|CBR|100

JIMMYJAMES
23-01-12, 16:02
Awesome, i want it T:T:T: Thats got to be a bit of a rare find, nice one :ILU:

t4 Zimbo
23-01-12, 16:13
Damn that's a good find!

spirals
23-01-12, 16:15
Awesome, i want it Thats got to be a bit of a rare find, nice one
I've got nee-naw-nee-naw going through my head just looking at the pictures. Shame they have to remove the blue lights!

If anyone hasn't encountered them before, Witham's are straight up dealers of ex MOD and services kit, but like anything - "buyer beware". Their auction kit tends to be items they want to shift rather than offer for normal sale so that applies even more. Their yard in Lincolnshire is a treasure trove of military surplus vehicles, including tanks :D Make an appointment in advance to view, it's not your usual dealer forecourt!

Bobbster
23-01-12, 16:28
Well spotted, I expect there be a high amount of interest from this forum.

brummy
23-01-12, 16:54
Twin sliders and only 41000 miles:eek: Won't be round long!

golfnutz
26-01-12, 08:21
Well spotted .. And top bloke for passing it on ..
T:T:
I tried to buy the fire service van from the Heinz factory near to me ..

I think it had only been off site for its service and MOTs !!!

But they wouldnt sell her .. Went to a member of staff I think ..

Would make a nice future show van !!!

RMT
01-02-12, 11:01
Went for well over 4k.....is that good?....Looking for a T4 synchro and trying to benchmark. There is an Ambulance on E bay for over 6 and its been on forever......any T4 guys give me a steer?
ThanksT:

cosmicfish
01-02-12, 11:18
Went for well over 4k.....is that good?....Looking for a T4 synchro and trying to benchmark. There is an Ambulance on E bay for over 6 and its been on forever......any T4 guys give me a steer?
ThanksT:

I think it was not a bad price for that van ,it looked like it was a good'un. Sync's are expencive and there is not lots floating around .

If I had the cash I would have been in there T:

king.module
01-02-12, 11:31
went for over 5k once you add VAT - personally i'd say that is a little on the high side as you still have to tax,mot, service, tow away Etc... but take away those things i'd say it's pretty much what i'd expect - i did see a 33k '02 fvwsh lwd panel van (syncro) on autotrader last year that went for 8.5k ... hung around for only 2 or 3 days - low mileage ones command very good money - high mileage ones on the other hand more of a risk due to the VC (classed as a consumerable and suppose to be changed at 80k).

check out the sold prices on ebay (if there are currently any) - that'll give you an idea of what's selling and at what price

RMT
01-02-12, 13:07
went for over 5k once you add VAT - personally i'd say that is a little on the high side as you still have to tax,mot, service, tow away Etc... but take away those things i'd say it's pretty much what i'd expect - i did see a 33k '02 fvwsh lwd panel van (syncro) on autotrader last year that went for 8.5k ... hung around for only 2 or 3 days - low mileage ones command very good money - high mileage ones on the other hand more of a risk due to the VC (classed as a consumerable and suppose to be changed at 80k).

check out the sold prices on ebay (if there are currently any) - that'll give you an idea of what's selling and at what price

Yeah i had taken into account the VAT and MOT etc.....So it sounds about right then....rare premium plus the 'legendary' reliability keeps them demanding good money. Good call re the re the VC.....bit like the turbo's on the T5 2.5...once its over 100k its a matter of when not if.I:
Thanks for the feedback guys.

king.module
01-02-12, 13:19
Good call re the re the VC.....bit like the turbo's on the T5 2.5...once its over 100k its a matter of when not if.I:

as with most things the VC depends on how well it's been looked after (4 correct wheel sizes, long fast drives and the such likes) there are buses out there with 250k+ still with the original working VC, whilst others that have lost them sub 100k. very costly to fix if they go (around 3k fitted from the dealer or there abouts... or around 1000 euros if you want to trust german ebay for a used one).

that ebay ambulance has been around for 1yr+ - was an old advert when i was looking (and i've now had mine for 6mths) - think the bloke selling it is one of these 'someone will buy it' type people:*

RhysHughes
01-02-12, 13:36
Withams are a pretty reputable bunch but can be a b******** to cut a deal with, they want absolutly top dollar for everything.

Rhys

RMT
01-02-12, 13:48
as with most things the VC depends on how well it's been looked after (4 correct wheel sizes, long fast drives and the such likes) there are buses out there with 250k+ still with the original working VC, whilst others that have lost them sub 100k. very costly to fix if they go (around 3k fitted from the dealer or there abouts... or around 1000 euros if you want to trust german ebay for a used one).

that ebay ambulance has been around for 1yr+ - was an old advert when i was looking (and i've now had mine for 6mths) - think the bloke selling it is one of these 'someone will buy it' type people:*

Thanks bud.....were the syncros specific to one engine or do the synchro the range.......scuse the ignorance....its the start of the T4 syncro journey and I want to get it right.

king.module
01-02-12, 13:59
2.4d and 2.5tdi as far as i'm aware (I am in no way a syncro expert... i just spent a bit of time reading up on them during my 16mths hunt for find the right one (wanted a lwb, 2.5, '99 onwards, sub 120k miles... and for a price i could actually afford... got there in the end lol).

Prob. best to start a thread in the syncro garage as you'll get more syncroheads looking :)

RMT
01-02-12, 14:03
2.4d and 2.5tdi as far as i'm aware (I am in no way a syncro expert... i just spent a bit of time reading up on them during my 16mths hunt for find the right one (wanted a lwb, 2.5, '99 onwards, sub 120k miles... and for a price i could actually afford... got there in the end lol).

Prob. best to start a thread in the syncro garage as you'll get more syncroheads looking :)

Thanks bud.....looks like I am in for the long haul!!!!

swbsyncro
01-02-12, 17:15
that truck was real cheap for what it was
the syncro will go up in value more than any other t4