Got done for my German Plates [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Got done for my German Plates

Mozzer
13-07-08, 19:45
Well those of you that remeber my thread re german plates....

whilst driving to work this morning i was pulled over by an un marked police car for speeding they told me that they had recorded my speed over half a mile and i had average 91.48mph! 60 fine and 3 points............ and on top of that my plates were illegal becsue they didint show a bu mark and were germanic so 35 fine..........

they also told me that as my van was registered as a van that the speed i should have been doing was 60mph on a dual carraigeway.......

such is life....

look out for a silver BMW estate trawling around the A30 in cornwall with two Fat :c in it.... they have a dislike of T4s and personnal hygeineLOL:

Conspiracy
13-07-08, 19:52
Unlucky fella, on the + side, was down Praze last night and ya bonnet looked clean as & the deflector looks sweet T:

Impressive speed too ;) Was it a 3 or 5 series :confused: Not that I would ever break the speed limit :D

Take care m8

Cheers

Chris :ILU:

Mozzer
13-07-08, 19:57
Its was a 3 series looks lowered until the two fat officers get out!!!!!

yep i was quite impressed with 91.48 mph my self as i wasnt really flooring it although my speedo said 100mph

the uncanny thing was i had just joined the A30 and was to be fair a bit keen off the slip road as

soon as i relised my speed i dropped it back to 70mph as im trying to go easy on the fuel but low and be hold the roley polly twins clocked me over half a mile doing 91.48mph!!!!!!!

vwaddict
13-07-08, 19:57
after all the advice given to you on your previous post i would have kept quiet but hey once bitten you will just have to do what i do now and keep the fancy plates for shows you got of light at 35 i mines was 60

Mozzer
13-07-08, 20:08
yepyou have a point

BANANAVAN
13-07-08, 20:12
I have read previous posts on this and have checked the DVLA website and as far as i can tell they are legal yellow/white reflective background numbers letters are the correct size....as for the D well ive seen nunbers plates with playboy bunnies on them so i cant see why this should be a problem....but we will see...i have a copy of the dvla info in the van....so will wait to get stopped i guess

what did they say ! when you showed them the bit of paper!! I:

http://www.junkscience.com/JSJ_Course/jsjudocourse/wrong.jpg

Conspiracy
13-07-08, 20:13
I also find 91.48 mph the perfect speed for fuel efficiency too :D

Good work fellow blues brother T: and rest easy with the thought that their poor wives, wished they had married a T4 DUDE instead of an oversized DUD I:

Oh.... Dunno about you, but I would have loved to throw a stick between the nobbers riding that wee bike up and down the high street last night ;)

Lets hope ya not so quick 2nite eh Rasp:!!!!!

splitmike
13-07-08, 20:23
I saw this car 2 weeks ago on the a 30 near camborne its easy to spot as it has 2 pasenger mirrors one silver one smaller one black.

just slowed down when i saw him as he pulled in behind was just waiting for the tug when a goon came past the pair of us in the 50 zone at about a ton he soon left me alone ha ha ha but he gave me a filthy look as he drove off.

Mike..T:Rasp:

TDI Dave
13-07-08, 20:23
I also find 91.48 mph the perfect speed for fuel efficiency too :D:ILU:

Doin 100 (on the clock) on a duel carrage way in a near on two ton van is askin for trouble in my opinion

i get miffed when i hear people getting done at like 34 in a 30 or 63 in a 60

Perhaps the cops saved you from a nasy pile up in the next half mile?

BANANAVAN
13-07-08, 20:29
Doin 100 (on the clock) on a duel carrage way in a near on two ton van is askin for trouble in my opinion

lol so would I its 10% + 2 MPH due to speedo inacuracys! anything over this and you get flashed , and if the copper is doing his job then he'll pull you .

Conspiracy
13-07-08, 20:33

Appreciate what ya sayin T:

From what I see day in day out.... it's not the speed, it's the lack of awareness/inefficiency that is the most probable cause ;)

Mozzer
13-07-08, 20:48
Yep i was in the wrong and yep i broke the law however it was 06;30 on a sunday morning the roads were dry and for the short time i was above the legal limit i was breaking the law and thank goodness we have fine brave officers to protect and serve!

I did show them the info from the DVLA re the plates they didnt seem interested or may be they need some help with their reading!

BANANAVAN
13-07-08, 20:51
I did show them the info from the DVLA re the plates they didnt seem interested or may be they need some help with their reading!

You could always appeal against the fine for the plates
I:

TDI Dave
13-07-08, 20:54
Appreciate what ya sayin T:

From what I see day in day out.... it's not the speed, it's the lack of awareness/inefficiency that is the most probable cause ;)

True true ,i wasnt havin a pop at you ,i drive the m6 top to bottom most months an see a lot of very grim crashes with fools pullin infront of fast motors leaving them nowhere to go

Would hate to see a T4 in that predicament

look at this old splitty !

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z50/bus-yed/IMAGE_168.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z50/bus-yed/Lil_Upside_down.jpg

Mozzer
13-07-08, 21:00
No fair play I work in an Intensive Care unit in fact that is were i was heading I see the result of dangouros driving all the time.......i was going to fast and got caught..... but the coppers didnt even attempt to impart any safety advice ie you shouldnt drive fast because your braking distances change etc..... it was straight to the fine....it is a revenue collecting exercise thats all money first road safety second......the worrying thing was the copper stank of alchol and had really blood shot eyes me thinks he had had a heavy night !!!!!!!!

Conspiracy
13-07-08, 21:09
True true ,i wasnt havin a pop at you ,i drive the m6 top to bottom most months an see a lot of very grim crashes with fools pullin infront of fast motors leaving them nowhere to go

Would hate to see a T4 in that predicament

look at this old splitty !

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z50/bus-yed/IMAGE_168.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z50/bus-yed/Lil_Upside_down.jpg

Didn't think 4 1 minute u were :)

Know what ya sayin T: See what ya sayin :eek: If only we were all as good as we think we are ;)

All the best

T4 Tom
13-07-08, 21:19
The way I see it is if a copper pulled me for speeding, it would be scary enough, if the copper then went on to lecture me and make me feel like a small child, it would have an effect. If he gave me some statistics and info on the reason I shouldn't speed, I would listen with interest and take on board what he said.

If a copper pulled me over and just issued me a fine, i'd think he's a fat old **** who hasn't gont laid in years and should burn in hell. And wouldn't alter my driving style at all.

I really think education rather than punishment would work a lot better... but that wouldn't generate revenue.

Sorry to hear you got caught speeding, yeah technically you were in the wrong but i'm sure most ppl one here have broken a speed limit once or twice!

Wish my van could do 91mph LOL:

lardyb
13-07-08, 21:51
you were doing 90+ with illegal plates and you're saying the copper was ed????

and your expecting sympathy??

so you work in intensive care and see the victims of speeding acidents all the time. might be time for you to get a new job as it's clearly not the place for you.

I got pulled for my plates and had a very nice chat witht he copper about the NPR camera and was asked nicely to change them for the original plates with no fine. it's all about attitude.

maybe you should get cruise control fitted and chill out. the world won't end if you are 5 mins later getting where you want to go

Mozzer
14-07-08, 09:57
easy!!!!!!!

didnt ask for sympathy!!!

dont quite get what you mean re a new job!!!! generally most people are grateful for people like me that work in the NHS getting abused and asaulted on a daily basis whilst trying to save people lives for not alot of pay! ......I was actually rushing because i was late for work...after spending much of the day getting punched by a patient i have to wonder why i bothered?

Im not ed about getting caught that was my own fault im just cross because its revenue collection not safety awareness any way 60 + 35 fine is hardly going to break the bank!!! so no big deal......

but just as a thought

The van was taxed, insured, Moted four good tyres i wasnt carrying around a load of illegal imigrants nor was i fleeing from the scene of a crime im a tax paying honest citezen with a job...the police in my mind should be working for the best interests of the non criminal british public ie educting people being polite not treating all as scum and screwing us out of cash because the government have given them a target to meet!

nealglover
14-07-08, 10:25
I don't like the "revenue collecting" nature of modern policing either.

But that's why I don't put illegal plates on my van, and also why the 100mph bit of my speedo has no idea what the needle looks like !!!

You can't make yourself into a Police Magnet, and then complain when you get stopped and fined ??

paul ss
14-07-08, 10:26
unlucky fella to many unmarked cars about now days to be fair all its turning into is how much revenue they can earn fair does you was speeding you got caught just unlucky realy .

i think i6t all depends on the copper you get most of the time aswell i have been pulled doing over 100 before in the car and genuily didnt relise i was doing it , the car speedo was in km not mph as was inport car , i was just sat at 105 on the clock thinking trafics moving slow today i thought was doing about 65ish explained it to the copper and he gave me some red electrical tape and put a bit on the speedo to remind me lol still preceded to give me the low down though guess i was just lucky .

unmarked cars in my opinion are just for revenue there sneeky fooks ound here we got few unmarked scoobys and they just pull pepole and hand the fine out without even asking questions , am sure there must be some sort of bounus in it for them lol what winds me up more than anything they pull you and precide to give you the low dow ffs just look how many volvo,s they put on there roof and call them self experinced :c

spadve71
14-07-08, 12:17
bad luck morris.just keep doing the great job you do mate .the speed thing these days is all about money,the old bill ,govt,they dont give a monkeys about safety.:(

Blackett
14-07-08, 13:24
The guy in the photo of the bus on its roof holding the rope looks like a guy I know called Joe Elliott. Anyone know if it's him? I'll ask him next time I see him...

With regard to the speeding subject, I think I'll have to keep my speed down on dual carriageways in future.

Ian. :D

vwaddict
14-07-08, 20:38

so you work in intensive care and see the victims of speeding acidents all the time. might be time for you to get a new job as it's clearly not the place for you.

I got pulled for my plates and had a very nice chat witht he copper about the NPR camera and was asked nicely to change them for the original plates with no fine. it's all about attitude.

maybe you should get cruise control fitted and chill out. the world won't end if you are 5 mins later getting where you want to go

bit heavy dude the guy was speeding he aint a rapist,murderer ,terrorist i dont think he is expecting sympathy he is just making a valid point the cops in this country are useless at real crime busting motorists are easy targets

vwaddict
14-07-08, 20:49
I don't like the "revenue collecting" nature of modern policing either.

But that's why I don't put illegal plates on my van, and also why the 100mph bit of my speedo has no idea what the needle looks like !!!

You can't make yourself into a Police Magnet, and then complain when you get stopped and fined ??

im asuming youve never broken the law mate and then been ed of being caught i know i have nowadays every one is guilty of speeding at some point even if its only 2 or 3 miles over the fact is when the limits were set cars didnt have abs ,or the level of safety fitted nowadays i was done recently for doing 48 in a 40 on a sunday night at 10 to midnight there wasnt another car on the road the cop car was parked up a side street and the cops unseen basically entrapment but not a court in the country would take my side if i apealed against it .what im tyring to say is yes i may have been speeding but in my opinion i wasnt endangering anyones life bar my own meanwhile there was probably some more important case elsewhere in the town that the cops could have been dealing with instead of sitting on there ass waiting for one to happen .
T:

lardyb
14-07-08, 21:07
bit heavy dude the guy was speeding he aint a rapist,murderer ,terrorist i dont think he is expecting sympathy he is just making a valid point the cops in this country are useless at real crime busting motorists are easy targets

2-3 mph over the limit yes I would agree the busies are jobsworths with piggy banks
31mph over the limit (his van should only do 60mph as it's a commercial vehicle) in my eyes is way excessive and the police did their job correctly. would you have the same view point if he had smashed into someone doing 91mph????

lardyb
14-07-08, 21:11
im asuming youve never broken the law mate and then been ed of being caught i know i have nowadays every one is guilty of speeding at some point even if its only 2 or 3 miles over the fact is when the limits were set cars didnt have abs ,or the level of safety fitted nowadays i was done recently for doing 48 in a 40 on a sunday night at 10 to midnight there wasnt another car on the road the cop car was parked up a side street and the cops unseen basically entrapment but not a court in the country would take my side if i apealed against it .what im tyring to say is yes i may have been speeding but in my opinion i wasnt endangering anyones life bar my own meanwhile there was probably some more important case elsewhere in the town that the cops could have been dealing with instead of sitting on there ass waiting for one to happen .
T:

How is you doing 48mph entrapment. no one made you do that speed. the police just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
your car might have got more advanced but you still have the seat to steering wheel interface which allows things to go wrong and not react quickly enough.
All it takes is someone whos had a drink or two to step out into the road in dark clothing and they wouldn't stand a chance at 48mph.

nealglover
14-07-08, 21:25
im asuming youve never broken the law mate and then been ed of being caught :

If I was doing that speed, with illegal plates, I wouldn't be moaning about it no.

I don't drive fast, my cousin died as a result of speeding before I even passed my test.
As a result I have always been sensible when it comes to speed.

vwaddict
14-07-08, 21:26
to be honest mate they wouldnt stand a chance at 40 either as with a van theres a good chance theyd go under it rather than over it .the reason i said entrapment is because the law states that speed traps/cameras are to be visible in order to deter speeding hiding a highly marked patrol car up a side street and then hiding behind bushes is definatly not visible .he was only doing 31mph over the limit because the limits too low lets face it if everyone drove at the motorway limit of 70mph there would be gridlock why is there 4 lanes on some motorways if we are expected to do 70 .the truth is the law know that people speed its not about safety its about money plain and simple if it was about safety cars would be restricted from new to avoid speeding but that wouldnt generate funding .the police have far too much power these days they no longer serve us we serve them more criminals are caught nowadays due to public not police they just clean up afterwards

loud ed
14-07-08, 21:47
Im only gonna say i told you soRasp: sorry you got caught though woulndt wish that on any one

loud ed
14-07-08, 21:51
you was dead lucky i was nicked doing 31 mph over the speed limit in a car and i lost my licence for a month

stuart99
14-07-08, 22:19
Five years ago I quit the Devon & Cornwall Police after seven years service.

This thread sums up some of the reasons I left. Traffic police have more contact with rate paying members of the public than anyone else and they really are the worst at dealing with them.

Tickets and fines are not about revenue.

The local area doesnt benifit from them, the money just dissappears into the government. What matters to the traffic officer is that he doesnt get kicked out of his nice cushy job back on to the streets. Some bright spark in the government decided that the police should be accountable for performance and the only way they could do that was by counting things. Statistics. So they tell the cheif constable we want so many detected crimes and traffic offences a year. This filters down through management and ends up with the traffic officer who has to perform. The computer spits out a report and his boss at a glance in his nice warm office can see how many offences he has dealt with. The computer doesnt count education or common sense policing.

I lasted three months on traffic before they kicked me off for not performing. I was very nieve. I thought because its so difficult to get on to traffic and they have the best cars and equipment they would be the best at catching criminals. Crimnals all use cars in one way or another so it made sense at the time. There are good thief takers on traffic but by and large its a numbers game. I have even seen traffic officers turn off their radios when local officers were calling for help.

The unmarked cars should be the ultimate theif catcher but they are miss used.

When I was there there were guidlines for prosecution. Above 90 you had to give a ticket. Above 95 they must go to court. if you gave a ticket at 96 you would be in the inspectors office.

In some parts of America and I think Australia the police keep their fines. The general public I have heard like it as they get more local policing.

One of the other reasons I left is I was getting fed up with public perception. Ive had my ribs fractured three times, someone tried to put a hammer into my head and I have seen too much of the dark side of life. Probably 80+ dead people some of them violent deaths. Ive had blood and spat at me, contaminated with hep c and HIV. and all of this for 23k (2003) and then the goverment takes 11% extra out of your wages for the pension. The average life expectancy for a 30 year service copper retiring is just over 2 years!!!

So the traffic cops didnt really have any discretion in this instance. Yes they were fat and unhelpful but remember they would have had to be good policemen once to get that job. Its just the system thats beaten them down. The system comes from polititians planning their next speech where they have to say what the statistics are.

One last thing. A death on the road is investigated to the same level as a murder and normally costs over 1,000,000. Thats without the human cost. Speed is the biggest killer so in a way tackling speed is about saving revenue not generating it.

BANANAVAN
14-07-08, 22:27
lol so would I its 10% + 2 MPH due to speedo inacuracys! anything over this and you get flashed , and if the copper is doing his job then he'll pull you .

stuart99

is the above correct? :confused:

Re your above post its good to here from someone who has seen it , done it and bought the t shirt.!!! good input! T:T:T:

stuart99
14-07-08, 22:48
I have never seen the 10% +2 written down but I was told to use it as a guide in the 30 and 40 limits. Remember this was five years ago. The road side fixed cameras are not set up by the police. On motorways we wouldnt touch anything around 80mph. Most speedos read slow anyway. GPS can often provide a better speed reading.

The mobile cameras used to be set up and a traffic car would do a test pass to calibrate them. The traffic cars have calibrated speedos and used to use a dash mounted system for time/distance calculations for speed. These were called VASCAR and Speedmarshall (not sure on the last one). This may have changed with the video cars as they were just coming in when I left. Local cars could stop you for speeding but would have to get a traffic car to check their speedo afterwards. This didnt happen often as it was a pain.

They also use alot of ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) which is why they enforce correct number plates. For those of you that live in Exeter did you know your number plate is read at Moto Services and Marsh Barton Industrial Estate? You will see my number plate is not legal as it has a VW badge and a big space in the middle but ANPR would have no problem with that. ANPR is the future of catching criminals as everyone has to use cars.

Did you also know that if you have taken you van abroad customs can type in your reg and their computer will pull up a photo of it and the driver. That was at least seven years ago.

BANANAVAN
14-07-08, 23:15
thanks for the info TBH for the past 2 years i have used the 10% +2mph using the GPS as the van speedo reads faster than is.

Ive has traffic on my tail / been through speed cameras / average speed camera checks .
@ 78 on the GPS that reads 84 on my speedo in the van that with standard fit 205/65/15 tyres.

Not as yet been pulled over got a ticket maybe im just lucky or thats they way it is.

phil
15-07-08, 07:09
Bad luck Morris, its easy done.

this is a good reminder for me,

I only get to use my T4 at the weekends and I drive it like a bloody idiot.

time for me to slow down and take a bit more care I think.

BTW theres a silver new shape mondeo and a black new shape focus doing the rounds on the A30 and the A38. sneaky

all the best

Phil

Mozzer
15-07-08, 16:00
at the end of the day i broke the law i got caught it was stupid doing that speed and dangourous.........

just a shame there was no safety message from the police only attiude and revenue collecetion.........

crosser
15-07-08, 17:00
stuart99

is the above correct? :confused:

Re your above post its good to here from someone who has seen it , done it and bought the t shirt.!!! good input! T:T:T:

think you will find its a recommendation from the ACPO, there are some area's that operate zero tolerance. same as its a recommendation about cameras coppers being visible, so they can still hide they are not breaking any laws

Going back to an earlier post mention 70mph on the motorway the only time i get nervous is sat on a motorway trying to keep at 70mph i always try and stay around 80-85 slight chance of getting pulled but there are generally faster cars out there and i feel safer.

will be interesting to see what happens in swindon? as they have asked to remove all speed cameras, hmm that could make things interesting http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/7506689.stm

nealglover
15-07-08, 17:18
There are no Fixed speed cameras round my area at all.
North Yorkshire Police don't use them at all as far as I am aware. ?

BANANAVAN
15-07-08, 17:38
It would be extremely unusual for any driver to be fined or prosecuted for travelling at 32mph in a 30mph limit. The police do not operate at levels often described as “zero tolerance”. The guideline issued by the Association of Chief Police Officers is not to prosecute motorists unless they are recorded as going at 10% plus 2mph over the posted speed limit. In the case of a 30mph limit that would be 35mph. This is to safeguard against any discrepancies there might be between speedometers and police equipment. Should you believe your penalty to be unsafe in any way you could seek recourse to the courts.

http://www.speedcheck.co.uk/FAQs02.htm <<<<< from here

tonypastie
15-07-08, 21:41
i got pulled for my german style plates and was let of with a warning my van was yellow then but now its red but i am seriously thinking about removeing them is it worth the 60 fine?

So-Kal
16-07-08, 10:39
I make a point of NOT speeding.

One of my pet hates is those that speed along and then jump on the brakes for cameras - often slowing down rapidly to well below the actual limit - and then speeding off after the camera zone.

DICK HEADS!!

As for the about the motorways being jammed due to people driving along at 70mph - what??

The motorways are log jammed because so many idiots don't use all three lanes and will happily concentrate their 'skillful' driving into just the outside two lanes - often just the middle one - making the rest of us either undertake (illegally) or be forced to navigate across three lanes of traffic and back again, thereby slowing any faster moving traffic.

Same goes for the first time the traffic starts to slow and/or grind to a halt.

If everyone just stayed where they were (ie in lanes) the traffic would flow for the most part. But lots of idiots think that their journey is much more important, so weave around all three lanes, making everyone else have to slow even further to avoid them........

Am I wrong??

Think about this - due to the pendulum effect, if one person, driving like a tosser (too close to the car in front, wrong lane, weaving around, etc) ends up making another car have to brake heavily, then the car behind him has to brake even harder and so on and so on - and a couple of miles back down the road, the traffic grinds to a halt.

We've all sat in queues that have formed and then dissappeared with no obvious cause - well, there's your 'cause'

Also - to finsih off this rant, please use your chosen route planner to plan a long trip (say 400 miles) of your choice. Calculate the time taken using 90mph on the motorway bit and then calculate again using 70mph.

You'll find the time 'saved' equates to a couple of stops at the services for a slash! Or maybe a break to let the kids stretch their legs.

Yep - speeding is SOOOOOOOOO worth the effort!!

I:

paul ss
16-07-08, 11:15
to be fair most pepole speed me included i will happily sit at 80 on motorway if conditions allow etc and its safe to do so , as for dick head weaving about does my box in lol you can maintain a speed pretty much all the journey if pepole would actualy look further than end of the bonnet and plan ahead its not rocket since .

as for when come to a ytrafic jam pepole moving over to the to faster lanes most of the time this is actualy not a bad thing keeps trafic flowing as a lot of built up back traffic is pepole coming of slip roads from main town centres etc everyones trying to get on ,

neilt4boy
21-07-08, 14:25
unlucky morris.all those jumping on your back about you speeding are getting the wrong message completly,some people on here just want to put you down no matter what your post and for those people please leave the forum.as for people speeding along then slowing down for cameras as long as you are not speeding cant work out how this affects you..

Meatball
11-10-08, 21:05
Half of the issue of coppers issuing a lot of traffic tickets has nothing to do with the officers themselves, in the majority of forces the average uniformed pc has a quota of traffic tickets he/she must issue each month regardless.

one of my best buddies is in the local armed unit and he is still subject to the same quotas which always makes me giggle as he is sometimes issuing speeding tickets with a gun strapped to his leg, people must kak it!

I'm not defending this by the way i've had my fair share of tickets, but a goo bit of advice is to always be polite and courteous to whoever pulls you, if you give them a load of stick it's only going to bite you in the
:)

firstglass
11-10-08, 21:12
thats a Damn shame

rocketron
11-10-08, 21:33
so matt you got stop for speeding and having german plates. bummer. I:

i actually thought that the thread was about german plates and he happen to mention that he got stop for speeding and after reading several times i cannot see the woh is me bit that some of you guys are seeing infact on several occasions matt has said i was speeding i got caught, my bad. i think his issue is the fact that he got find for the plates.
so guys chill, lighten up. not sure what the :c is happening on this forum lately but its starting to be just bitching and gripeing and generaly having a dig at someone and it never used to be like that. i was always taught if you have nothing nice to or indeed constructive to saythen say nowt.
i know at least one person who used to spend alot of time on here now spends non due to the attitudes and general vibe which aint good.
ok so its only 1 person that i know of but thats 1 to many in my opinion.:(
so matt you got german style plates.T:

slimbo
11-10-08, 22:01
imho speed does not kill !!!!

it is the irresposibility of certain individuals that can cause accidents..
but remember not all incidents are by irresposible people.
and plenty get killed due to the fact the car they were driving legally happend to be mowed down by a sleep trucker!!

or the irritated mum late for the school run trying to drive /strap the kids in/put on makeup and fiddle with the radio.

or the sales rep so stressed out due to the miles of driving and worrying cos his figures for the month are rubbish , just seems not to concentrate..

my point is speed does not kill .

some accidents are not accidents, and whilst there are vehicles travelling the roads of the world some people will die..

why not make the driving test really hard and also ensure that you are taught to drive properly, not just taught to pass a test.

TDI Dave
11-10-08, 22:47
imho speed does not kill !!!!

it is the irresposibility of certain individuals that can cause accidents..
but remember not all incidents are by irresposible people.
and plenty get killed due to the fact the car they were driving legally happend to be mowed down by a sleep trucker!!

or the irritated mum late for the school run trying to drive /strap the kids in/put on makeup and fiddle with the radio.

or the sales rep so stressed out due to the miles of driving and worrying cos his figures for the month are rubbish , just seems not to concentrate..

my point is speed does not kill .

some accidents are not accidents, and whilst there are vehicles travelling the roads of the world some people will die..

why not make the driving test really hard and also ensure that you are taught to drive properly, not just taught to pass a test.
Biggest load of ive had the misfortune to have ever read on any forum

Speed doesnt kill ! tell that to my best freind who drifted over the wrong side of the road cus he ran out of road due to Excessive SPEED ..... ohh............. nearly forgot you cant tell him cus he died at the scene he was 24yrs old before you flame me down yes he was a prick for riding so fast but weve all sped if we are 100% honest and i dont condone it but if he wasnt speeding he would of made the bend i know cus i did make the bend due to lack of speed you catching on to what im saying? If you are traveling at excessive speed you are severly increasing your chances of killing yourself and or others ,god forbid those poor telegraph poles prey you never see one uprooted by a m8's irrisponsible stupid SPEED

nealglover
11-10-08, 23:47
Biggest load of ive had the misfortune to have ever read on any forum

Speed doesnt kill ! tell that to my best freind who drifted over the wrong side of the road cus he ran out of road due to Excessive SPEED ..... ohh............. nearly forgot you cant tell him cus he died at the scene he was 24yrs old before you flame me down yes he was a prick for riding so fast but weve all sped if we are 100% honest and i dont condone it but if he wasnt speeding he would of made the bend i know cus i did make the bend due to lack of speed you catching on to what im saying? If you are traveling at excessive speed you are severly increasing your chances of killing yourself and or others ,god forbid those poor telegraph poles prey you never see one uprooted by a m8's irrisponsible stupid SPEED

Well said A: A: A: A: especially the opening line !

Saying speed doesn't kill is like saying sh*t doesn't stink :eek:

slimbo
12-10-08, 21:05
i understand where your coming from but if speed was that bad why are we all driving?

or worse still being allowed to drive.. (oops sorry sir but due to speed we have to shut all roads!)

you will be telling me next guns kill?. ffs.

speed is a factor along with all the others that ensure a final conclusion is met..

or shall we forget concentration? ability?weather? etc etc..

im sorry for you m8 dying but it wasnt speed on its own..

i have attended too may incidents where speed was not a factor, but the first comment made by the uninitiated was he must have been going some!!

****e? i think not m8..

rocketron
13-10-08, 19:41
can i just say again that the thread was about german plates. god sake guys who's got the highest soap box. speed and face the consequence dont and know that your doing the right thing, end of. :c
do you ever get that feeling matt you wish never said :c all.

dampervan
13-10-08, 20:02
i dont see anything wrong with german plates
yea ok so the stickers maybe a bit much but as for the font its not that much different to the uk ones.

iv seen many uk plates that are worst

i want german plates for mine but aint forking out for them if there only going to get me in trouble lol

Conspiracy
13-10-08, 20:28
can i just say again that the thread was about german plates. god sake guys who's got the highest soap box. speed and face the consequence dont and know that your doing the right thing, end of. :c
do you ever get that feeling matt you wish never said :c all.

Is someone feeling the effects of no sleep last night and feeling a little tired and crotchety Rasp:Rasp:Rasp:

Night nobber ;)

slimbo
13-10-08, 20:34
ahhh german plates!!!

serve yer right for not registering it!!

rocketron
13-10-08, 20:36
Is someone feeling the effects of no sleep last night and feeling a little tired and crotchety Rasp:Rasp:Rasp:

Night nobber ;)

shut it you testy cle.Rasp: anyway itsnot lack of sleep its sexual frustration.H:

Mozzer
15-11-08, 21:03
Not to open an old debate buts those of you that remeber the origanol story re my run in with two of devon and cornwall finest........well Happen to spot the same to coppers today with there marked police car stuck in a farm entrance wheels spinning beautifully....being a nice chap i would have stopped and helped but now i abide the speed limit i did'nt have time.......ah Karma LOL:

Walesy
15-11-08, 21:13
they also told me that as my van was registered as a van that the speed i should have been doing was 60mph on a dual carraigeway.......

I just read this bit from the first post mate, I can't say i've ever heard this! :eek:

vwaddict
15-11-08, 22:02
I just read this bit from the first post mate, I can't say i've ever heard this! :eek:

yep commercials are 60 speed limit not 70 so better buy a velle than a van I:

vwaddict
15-11-08, 22:03
Not to open an old debate buts those of you that remeber the origanol story re my run in with two of devon and cornwall finest........well Happen to spot the same to coppers today with there marked police car stuck in a farm entrance wheels spinning beautifully....being a nice chap i would have stopped and helped but now i abide the speed limit i did'nt have time.......ah Karma LOL:

LOL: id have peeped and waved

t4-4 eva
15-11-08, 23:43

that was a bit harsh !!! i saw a lad in a+e who fell off a ladder!!! that doesnt mean i wont buy or go up a ladder !!! we all know we should use the crossings to get across the rd but how many of us do ???

t4-4 eva
15-11-08, 23:58
Five years ago I quit the Devon & Cornwall Police after seven years service.

This thread sums up some of the reasons I left. Traffic police have more contact with rate paying members of the public than anyone else and they really are the worst at dealing with them.

Tickets and fines are not about revenue.

The local area doesnt benifit from them, the money just dissappears into the government. What matters to the traffic officer is that he doesnt get kicked out of his nice cushy job back on to the streets. Some bright spark in the government decided that the police should be accountable for performance and the only way they could do that was by counting things. Statistics. So they tell the cheif constable we want so many detected crimes and traffic offences a year. This filters down through management and ends up with the traffic officer who has to perform. The computer spits out a report and his boss at a glance in his nice warm office can see how many offences he has dealt with. The computer doesnt count education or common sense policing.

I lasted three months on traffic before they kicked me off for not performing. I was very nieve. I thought because its so difficult to get on to traffic and they have the best cars and equipment they would be the best at catching criminals. Crimnals all use cars in one way or another so it made sense at the time. There are good thief takers on traffic but by and large its a numbers game. I have even seen traffic officers turn off their radios when local officers were calling for help.

The unmarked cars should be the ultimate theif catcher but they are miss used.

When I was there there were guidlines for prosecution. Above 90 you had to give a ticket. Above 95 they must go to court. if you gave a ticket at 96 you would be in the inspectors office.

In some parts of America and I think Australia the police keep their fines. The general public I have heard like it as they get more local policing.

One of the other reasons I left is I was getting fed up with public perception. Ive had my ribs fractured three times, someone tried to put a hammer into my head and I have seen too much of the dark side of life. Probably 80+ dead people some of them violent deaths. Ive had blood and spat at me, contaminated with hep c and HIV. and all of this for 23k (2003) and then the goverment takes 11% extra out of your wages for the pension. The average life expectancy for a 30 year service copper retiring is just over 2 years!!!

So the traffic cops didnt really have any discretion in this instance. Yes they were fat and unhelpful but remember they would have had to be good policemen once to get that job. Its just the system thats beaten them down. The system comes from polititians planning their next speech where they have to say what the statistics are.

One last thing. A death on the road is investigated to the same level as a murder and normally costs over 1,000,000. Thats without the human cost. Speed is the biggest killer so in a way tackling speed is about saving revenue not generating it.

sorry stuart i jus cant give too much blame on goverment, i blame a lot on chiefs !!! i live in rural north wales which is run by richard brainstorm who wrote in the local paper vehicle crime will not be seen as a priority !!! there was a sudden rise in in cars bein broken into he seems to be running the force more like a buisness cars hide up lanes officers hide behind trees ive seen so many national speed limit signs moved, traffic cops here are like bounty hunters !!! but if you need to produce docs you have to go in office hrs !!! traffic cops to me are like the sas, i have no time for them at all and i am sorry for tarring them all with the same brush, bring back the beat bobby

Walesy
16-11-08, 07:42
yep commercials are 60 speed limit not 70 so better buy a velle than a van I:

Well blow me down! :eek: I really didn't know that! - whats the deal if you have the van registered as a camper then?

vwaddict
16-11-08, 09:05
sorry stuart i jus cant give too much blame on goverment, i blame a lot on chiefs !!! i live in rural north wales which is run by richard brainstorm who wrote in the local paper vehicle crime will not be seen as a priority !!! there was a sudden rise in in cars bein broken into he seems to be running the force more like a buisness cars hide up lanes officers hide behind trees ive seen so many national speed limit signs moved, traffic cops here are like bounty hunters !!! but if you need to produce docs you have to go in office hrs !!! traffic cops to me are like the sas, i have no time for them at all and i am sorry for tarring them all with the same brush, bring back the beat bobby

well said some go past doing a job .like traffic wardens
60 percent of all car smashes are below 20mph so not all down to speed as for the plate thing well there has been a simple solution available for years do the same as europe and the states make the plate for the owner not the car it would solve most of the problems with illegal plates ,insurance ,road tax etc but it would cut down fines and thats not good business

vwaddict
16-11-08, 09:06
Well blow me down! :eek: I really didn't know that! - whats the deal if you have the van registered as a camper then?

i think that may be differant have seen a few threads on here about it

vwaddict
16-11-08, 09:08

have to say thats another example of rip of britain