T4 Service MOT Best place Surrey [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

T4 Service MOT Best place Surrey

visvid
15-07-08, 13:03
Hi

My little ole T4 has its MOT and 150k service , as I am all new to this and my local garage does not know alot about T4 ( at least he was honest ) can anyone recommend a good garage in the Jun 9 / M25 Area or surrounding area

Cheers

Dazboi
15-07-08, 13:17
some of the boys drive over to me in maidenhead, but there are alot of good dealers/owner operators in your area

visvid
15-07-08, 14:14
Thats 12 miles from my work.... if I cant find someone local could u do a servcie and MOt in one day ?

I have the oil and coolant etc and have had all the pullies and cam belts recenlty changed but not the water pump which they recommend every 75k, so I am not sure if after having the pulleys and cables replaced changing the water pump is a simple job ?

I work at UB7 0GB so will need to try and arrange a lift back to the office

reimoboy
15-07-08, 14:20
He will probably beat me to it, but Daz can supply a courtesy van if you book in advance T:

visvid
15-07-08, 14:25
He will probably beat me to it, but Daz can supply a courtesy van if you book in advance T:

Great MOT is due 27 this month so I will try and source local or otherwise I can do it while at work..... Looking at the site is a full on VW garage ....

http://www.cordwallis.co.uk/

This will cost me a bomb ? :(

reimoboy
15-07-08, 14:34
No, Darren is the service manager and will sort you out something regarding price :)

Dazboi
15-07-08, 14:34
Great MOT is due 27 this month so I will try and source local or otherwise I can do it while at work..... Looking at the site is a full on VW garage ....

http://www.cordwallis.co.uk/

This will cost me a bomb ? :(

depends on service you require, i have a little club, we can talk as i dont "advertise" on here, but simon will tell you im very reasonable and work the trip, chrsi (big bad bear) is here at the moment haveing belts etc done, and ive been handbraking his van! (just kidding)

what years your van, what needs to be done?

mot? 39.99 no vat
when was last service done? is it due belts?

we're the maidenhead site by the way

visvid
15-07-08, 14:51
The site was off your profile as I am very new to all this stuff , I wanted to just see the postes etc you have written responded , but my userid does not let do that .

But basically I have a X reg 2000 T4 2.5tdi SWB van, I have only had it a few months , but I have already run into a few issues ... I have had all 5 glow plug replaced when the engine would not turn over , so I had to go to a diesel specilaist who found it to be a 12 ingtion switch .

I was supposed to have all the work down by a guy in Gatwick who said if I bought all the gear from GFS at Heathrow he would do the work, Now I cant seem to get hold of him as it was due to be done on thursday .

The parts I bought were a water pump kit incl all pulleys and cables , turned out that I cant get the water pump from them but from VW only and yo uonly have a period of time to replace it as you have to leave a depoist ?
So I got all the cables and pulley plus oil and raditor fluid.

When the other garage did the ingintion he also suspected it was fuel pump timing , so he used all the cables and pulleys I had in the van, hence I am unsure I can do the water pump ?

Lastly when getting the exhaust replaced last week Feltham Tyres said I need all the discs replacing.... not really being a car /van person I have no idea if this is true

So to answer your question is a long about way , its down 138 k miles and I use it every day to commute 70 miles to and from the airport plus using at weekends to move my enduro bike around the country , so I want to make sure it gets a proper service as I bought if off guy who only used twice a month to go surfing and now its used 7 days week , it has also been chipped to 127bhp so I want to make sure its all running ok

Hope this helps , I am leaving work now so will try and look at otherwise I am back in the office from 7 tomorrow

Cheers

Dazboi
15-07-08, 14:54
drop me an email, maybe you could let me know any history youve got and what you really want and ill see if i can help

[email protected]