Personalised Reg - Good or not please vote honestly! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Personalised Reg - Good or not please vote honestly!

T4Tasty
18-07-08, 00:48
If you can think of something better that's available let me know...is this a bad choice, original? undecided? Downright stupid....help me out here!T:

REG PLATE: T4 0OOH (as in sigh oooh how nice!)

Just seen C11 YVW which could be C MY VW (screw between the 2 II's) - good or bad? when you vote add a reply to the thread so I know which one you are commenting on....

fireduplee
18-07-08, 08:20
T4 O000H sounds almost sexxxxyLOL:

T4Tasty
18-07-08, 08:47
T4 O000H sounds almost sexxxxyLOL:

sexy good...or sexy not? both are available t40 00h or t400 00h

Mr Big
18-07-08, 10:34
I quite like the plates some of the guys on here have......T4 YEH and T5 WOB spring to mind, but anything where you have to dick around with the spacing or put extra screws in are going to make you look like a **** IMO as well as attract the old bill.

T4Tasty
18-07-08, 10:37
anything where you have to dick around with the spacing or put extra screws in are going to make you look like a **** IMO as well as attract the old bill.[/QUOTE]

Well i did ask for honesty!! :D T:

bigcat
18-07-08, 14:24
, but anything where you have to dick around with the spacing or put extra screws in are going to make you look like a **** IMO as well as attract the old bill.

I run T4 WVW for that very reason, I can just leave it as is, love it or hate it.

vwaddict
18-07-08, 22:02
it depends on whether you want only vw t4 owners to know you have a private plate or if you want everyone to know its a private plate because my finding is only people who have a t4 know what it stands for as the vans are known and badged as transporters,caravelles etc .i looked at a few t4 plates then decided against it i then bought L80K VW and with exception to one ned who thought my name was luke everyones knows it says look vw and that it is on a vw

T4Tasty
18-07-08, 22:47
it depends on whether you want only vw t4 owners to know you have a private plate or if you want everyone to know its a private plate because my finding is only people who have a t4 know what it stands for as the vans are known and badged as transporters,caravelles etc .i looked at a few t4 plates then decided against it i then bought L80K VW and with exception to one ned who thought my name was luke everyones knows it says look vw and that it is on a vw

fair point...although now my pride is dented jwd SAYS IF i get the plate I'M A PLONKER (SEE POLL RESULTS) ;)

Peter R
18-07-08, 23:31
bad idea pc plod is clamping down on plates that have illegal gaps screws to alter what its supposed to be.
plus it looks anyway , boy racer wanabees .
personalised reg ok but not tampered ones

Wavestarved
19-07-08, 09:23
My take on the private reg thing is; regardless of the combination of letters, numbers and/or strategically placed screws, they only ever say one thing... More money than decent ideas about what to do with it. (probably just jealousy though).I:

I do like the T4 5urf one though, that's class and money well spent. A:
I also like my S89 BFC reg, the BFC stands for big fat c... according to my mates, nice!

m666blp
19-07-08, 09:31
Thing about personal plates for me is unless its a cracker at many $$$$ then its really only the owner who knows what they mean . I guess they look good if they are short but not my thing . I tried to get

G833NMN or GR53NMN for my business Greenman Landscapes but was not to be and they dont do

M8LP Which would be my initials so unless I can afford S4TAN then im not gonna bother.

surfdaddy
19-07-08, 12:35
Like the T4 OOOOH!!! one, very camp and a bit of fun. The other one is naff and making word with black screw caps is a bit desperate.

Usually hate personalised number plates if they try and say the drivers name etc, especially if just one of them cheap DVLA ones. If your proper rich, have summat like 'A1' and stick it on a decent car. Really crud when you see a private plat on a Honda or Ford or whatever.

But plates that relate to the car itself are o.k as less childish attention seeking and can be sold with the vehicle so they mean more than to just the Narcissistic chavvy driver who makes their name Mervin C or what ever out of M31'I.I MC or whatever on his Montego...like we're all supposed to think he royalty or some such.

Oh and shortened number plates or novelty letters.....I can't even:clook at you!

surfdaddy
19-07-08, 12:46
But plates that relate to the car itself are o.k as less childish attention seeking and can be sold with the vehicle so they mean more than to just the Narcissistic chavvy driver who makes their name Mervin C or what ever out of M31'I.I MC or whatever on his Montego...like we're all supposed to think he royalty or some such.

Oh and shortened number plates or novelty letters.....I can't even:clook at you!

THIS BE WHAT I MEAN:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOtiUduiR5o&feature=related

H:H:H:T:

optimus primer
19-07-08, 13:14
Like the T4 OOOOH!!! one, very camp and a bit of fun. The other one is naff and making word with black screw caps is a bit desperate.

Usually hate personalised number plates if they try and say the drivers name etc, especially if just one of them cheap DVLA ones. If your proper rich, have summat like 'A1' and stick it on a decent car. Really crud when you see a private plat on a Honda or Ford or whatever.

ooh you'll hate mine then I have P3 GVW and a show plate (for shows only, the government get enough money out of me as it is) that is spaced P3G VW as my nickname is Peg, and if it makes me look live a chav I don't particually care as I bought it for me, not for anyone else, as it wouldnt make sense to someone who didn't know me! :D:D

I did get offered PAL 1N the other day (my surname is Palin) for 40K!!! I'll stick with my 2.99 plate for the time being I think!

bigcat
19-07-08, 13:35
My take on the private reg thing is; regardless of the combination of letters, numbers and/or strategically placed screws, they only ever say one thing... More money than decent ideas about what to do with it. (probably just jealousy though).I:

I do like the T4 5urf one though, that's class and money well spent. A:
I also like my S89 BFC reg, the BFC stands for big fat c... according to my mates, nice!

Now, I'm not in this for the money and my plate is something I like. It was bought for me as a birthday present by my wife. It came from DVLA for a couple hundred quid or so. At Vanfest two years back, was offered almost 2k for it. It stays with my van T:

T4Tasty
19-07-08, 14:36
[QUOTE=surfdaddy;137336]Like the T4 OOOOH!!! one, very camp and a bit of fun.

Yeah I though it was a bit of a laugh.....now T4 BUS that would be good plate!......

anyway I'm more confused than ever, the poll is interesting but certainly a very mixed bag - 44% liking reg, others all varied.....maybe the general consenus is there not all there cracked up to me :)

Mr Big
19-07-08, 14:46
Hmmm no-ones got T4 BUS. T4 VAN is on a T4 though T:

Mr Big
19-07-08, 14:50
Just looking on newreg.com, quite a few T4 plates available.

T4 AAA for the ex AA van (or a real geek with a VR6 engine ;)) 1245

In fact theres hundreds of them on there for 144! Shame my van's a 1992!

Blackett
19-07-08, 16:02
OH, suits you. I like my plate (https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11489). Only cost 400, not much if you say it quick. Would work on a newer van if I change to a T5 or T6 in the future (no plans as yet, happy with my T4). Suits my business...OOH!

Ian. :D

phil5556
19-07-08, 17:10
I don't care too much for personalised plates, a lot of the time you can't work out what they're supposed to mean and (depending on what plate you have) you can look like a tosser.

My mate has got RU55 XXX - and I just think tw:ct whenever I see him in it (it doesn't help that it's a convertible megane either).

T4Tasty
19-07-08, 21:53
I don't care too much for personalised plates, a lot of the time you can't work out what they're supposed to mean and (depending on what plate you have) you can look like a tosser.

My mate has got RU55 XXX - and I just think tw:ct whenever I see him in it (it doesn't help that it's a convertible megane either).

understandable...T: