what does the forum mean to you? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

what does the forum mean to you?

Dazboi
18-07-08, 07:44
after seeing a few quite negative comments on here ref the forum i thought it would be nice to get a positive thread going, since i was conned into coming on here by a member i have become addicted, its nice to chat to you guys, find out what going on all over the country and find out what makes ur vans tick, and the nice guys and gals that are out there (although ive only met a couple of the girls!)

so how has the forum helped/supported you since you joined?

Snapshot50
18-07-08, 07:53
after seeing a few quite negative comments on here ref the forum i thought it would be nice to get a positive thread going, since i was conned into coming on here by a member i have become addicted, its nice to chat to you guys, find out what going on all over the country and find out what makes ur vans tick, and the nice guys and gals that are out there (although ive only met a couple of the girls!)

so how has the forum helped/supported you since you joined?

Negative comments really !!!!!!!

I bought my t4 2 weeks ago and have been a member since my purchase, I think this site is the most usefull and professional site I have found, because all the info is based on fact and experience.

I like the community and the communication from other members, I will be supporting this site for as long as possable, I would like to thank everyone that has given me help so far, to wich i hope to repay 1 day.

And to the admin staff and everyone involved Keep up the amazing job you are doing .

Take it easy Neil :) :) A: A: T: T:

Peter R
18-07-08, 08:12
great source of info ,never had any negative replies and boy have i asked some basic questions lol. still would like to know what you get for a tenner(membership??).
and everyone seems to want to help out if they can :ILU::cool:

Dazboi
18-07-08, 08:15
i do like the fact its not just about the vans either, i said to my wife that if we had a problem for example needed a plumber lol put a post up and there would be loads of posts for reliable plumbers, its like and a to z of peoples experiences

PredacomDom
18-07-08, 08:21
Like others, only been registered a couple of months but now totally hooked!

I bought my first T4 in 2000 with a partial conversion and we used to joke then about having a 'dub' and being part of the vw scene. Never had the balls (or cash :D) to do anything major to it then but finding the forum now I'm onto my second T4 has been a godsend. Also never would have thought that there would be such a strong following of the van or see major features in Camper and Bus etc.

Can't help but think that a lot of this is down to the success of the forum! T:

So much great advice and ideas and met some reet friendly peeps to boot!

Dazboi
18-07-08, 09:33
i am trying to be a good boy u know, but i seem to get told off alot :):(

mikey
18-07-08, 11:02
The forum means to me that i can keep in contact with a lot of new friends, who all have the same interests, i can get a lot of valuable info, i can have a laugh and joke with peaple on here. I can go to meets and shows and see all them peaple, i even do a weekend meet down this way, and a few turned up A: So its like a whole new circle of friends who we have met through the forum and that can't be a bad thing. See you all at a meet somewhere soon for a chat and a beer. :cheers T:

Dazboi
18-07-08, 12:12
any one watch the inbetweeners?

"forum friends" lol

willonmitchell
18-07-08, 12:21
The forum is great and like you say, its because its full of people who give a lot and are not just passing through to find an answer.

Paying the membershp gives you access to the technical areas. As the only workshop manual for the T4 is pretty bleak, this forum acts as the repair manual too. And like you say, there are so many people in the know as well as people like me who new nothing 1 year ago but from doing things i have made mistakes which i can now help others to avoid or do better when trying to do certain things.

Viva La Forum!:ILU:

Dazboi
18-07-08, 12:21
wudnt mind seeing a post from the originators of the forum, what they originally thought about when setting it up

Steve W
18-07-08, 19:11
The forum brings me answers to many questions posted, advise on issues, an anything technical. It is amazing what you get all for just 10.

Thanks guys for setting this up, an taking the time an trouble to do so, a wealth of knowledge is available for all here.
It has helped me with some small repairs an more in the short space of time i have been a member here.

Wish i knew of the site before i started looking for my van.
You can meet some great people on here, all with varied interests in life but joined by the love of there VW's.

So may i just say thanks all for help an advice given an i will certainly cough up my subs again an would recommend it to anyone who has a T4.

So with that i salute you Cheers all Steve W....

StephenTazz
18-07-08, 23:56
wudnt mind seeing a post from the originators of the forum, what they originally thought about when setting it up

All I can add is that the Forum has exceeded all expectations, but that might just be the understatement of the year...

... as a quiet by-stander on the VW scene for too many years, this Forum draws in so many elements from the rich tapestry of life that there is never a dull moment - everyday something grabs my attention...