where to buy a side window [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

where to buy a side window

paul ss
21-07-08, 23:22
wheres the best place to buy a side window for my van swb prefably the ones that are flush if you no what i mean , so can fit it myself

anyone fitted there own ?

BANANAVAN
21-07-08, 23:28
BELIVE IT or not

MAIN DEALERS!!!!

paul ss
21-07-08, 23:48
cool will it come down on there computers as vella there a bit dumb at my local lol saves me having my pants pulled down T:

babs 5479
21-07-08, 23:56
42 for the windows mate 12 for the outer trim picked some last week:D

paul ss
22-07-08, 00:05

spot on fella

you fitted them yet if so big job you got any pics pleaseT:

jarvo
22-07-08, 03:11
you need to be talking to orangevanman did mine last week and he lives in nottingham
did a fantastic job on mine,and very helpful

rjm
22-07-08, 08:16
Not too big a job, just need to be careful with the edges to make sure all the primer and bonding adhere correctly.

Also take care when ordering as if you are doing both the sliding door and the panel opposite they are different in size but the same price.

orangevanman
22-07-08, 14:16
Not too big a job, just need to be careful with the edges to make sure all the primer and bonding adhere correctly.

Also take care when ordering as if you are doing both the sliding door and the panel opposite they are different in size but the same price.

Incorrect

they are exactly the same size window its just the black obscartion band inside the glass that is a different size.

paul ss
22-07-08, 15:25
thanks chaprs

orangevanman are they that much of a pain in the to fit , do you just fit them for yourself or you run a company that does them might be easyer for me to just pop up with the side door rather than risk fooking it up lol am not worried about cutting or doing it myself though

do they come with a template or just quick mesure up and cut away T:

Mr Mega
22-07-08, 15:36
Done 4 now in as many weeks, figure 2-3 hrs a side

T4 VIRGIN,
22-07-08, 18:44

i got discount on my 2 windows and trims-89 all in with the vat-SORRYI:

orangevanman
22-07-08, 22:31
thanks chaprs

orangevanman are they that much of a pain in the to fit , do you just fit them for yourself or you run a company that does them might be easyer for me to just pop up with the side door rather than risk fooking it up lol am not worried about cutting or doing it myself though

do they come with a template or just quick mesure up and cut away T:

Not too much of a pain to fit if you are careful and know what you are doing.
I dont run a company i used to work for RAC Autowindscreens for 5 years so i have fitted hundreds of windows, and i still put loads of windows into vans.
they dont come with a template but if you look inside the door you will see a recess line where to cut.
once cut though you will need to adhere together the panels that are left (inner and outer).
i normally weld mine but you can use polyeurethene for this too, then prime etc etc etc
Alot of people just put the window in and leave it taped up
I dont do this though i put the window in and then apply a lot of pressure to the glass until dry, if you dont do this the window will not sit flush to the body and will stick out.

if you want me to fit it/them for you just send me a pm and we can talk that way.

regards Matt

paul ss
22-07-08, 23:07
Not too much of a pain to fit if you are careful and know what you are doing.
I dont run a company i used to work for RAC Autowindscreens for 5 years so i have fitted hundreds of windows, and i still put loads of windows into vans.
they dont come with a template but if you look inside the door you will see a recess line where to cut.
once cut though you will need to adhere together the panels that are left (inner and outer).
i normally weld mine but you can use polyeurethene for this too, then prime etc etc etc
Alot of people just put the window in and leave it taped up
I dont do this though i put the window in and then apply a lot of pressure to the glass until dry, if you dont do this the window will not sit flush to the body and will stick out.

if you want me to fit it/them for you just send me a pm and we can talk that way.

regards Matt

will send you a pm shortly fella will have a look at what you say about the line on inside , am sure i would be alright with it but cant beat experince T:

GandT
23-07-08, 00:09
i found myself in your position last week dude, after a little search on net and here i found its ok if you know a bit about metal etc, ive got both rear and both mid sliders to fit soon and im looking at this link-

http://www.windowsmediapc.co.uk/t4/2006/11/drivers-side-window-fitted.html

and check out his build, coolT:T:T:T:T:

http://www.windowsmediapc.co.uk/t4/

hope some of that helps!!

paul ss
23-07-08, 02:29
thanks can see bit more as to what orangevanman was on about with the lip etc looks pretty straight forwerd after all its only the side door not like it can be replaced or anything , got to learn somewhere T: