Please Help - Electric Windows Retrofit?? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Please Help - Electric Windows Retrofit??

T4Tasty
27-07-08, 23:34
Anyone ever attempted or more importantly successfully done an electric window retro fit?

If so how easy/hard was it?

Know of anyone who would do it for me.....? Cash/beer whatever you prefer T:

kampervan
28-07-08, 05:21
with correct kit easy as. just a mater of swapping regulators then wiring my kit only needed a positive feed and earth then a positive from ignition

rocketron
28-07-08, 21:59
got mine from forum bulk buy that windwelder organised and they were a doddle to fit had them in for well over a year and they work perfectly.T:

T4Tasty
29-07-08, 00:04
with correct kit easy as. just a mater of swapping regulators then wiring my kit only needed a positive feed and earth then a positive from ignition

Got a picture of where the switches go? Do you have to make a hole in anything!? :confused:

T4Tasty
29-07-08, 00:06
got mine from forum bulk buy that windwelder organised and they were a doddle to fit had them in for well over a year and they work perfectly.T:

Mmmmm happy to buy from him although I'm not the handiest chap when it comes to fitting stuff......fancy a trip to poole?? :DT:

bazzabing
29-07-08, 16:20
I'm trying to do this at the moment - i've managed to get some parts from a caravelle which i'm putting in my 2.5 but.....there seem to be too many wires!!
6 wires from the switch and i can't work out what they all do!! :(

does anyone have a circuit diagram?

Big Bad Bear
29-07-08, 16:26
I'm trying to do this at the moment - i've managed to get some parts from a caravelle which i'm putting in my 2.5 but.....there seem to be too many wires!!
6 wires from the switch and i can't work out what they all do!! :(

does anyone have a circuit diagram?

Think you might find some of them wires are for the electric mirrors as well I:

bazzabing
29-07-08, 16:28
done the mirrors - they're on a seperate switch.

thanks for the suggestion tho