Exhaust Supplier - recommedation [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Exhaust Supplier - recommedation

cheekymonkey
31-07-08, 09:59
T: T:
Recieved my complete new exhaust yesterday (with de-cat pipe) from Barnes Silencers.
I wanted to stick a recommedationup here as they were really, really helpful, great service & really great prices. All 3 sections plus fixing bolts & clamps cost less than I've seen just the CAT section advertised elsewhere!!!
They have an ebay store where I found them: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BARNES-SILENCER-SERVICES-EXHAUSTS (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/BARNES-SILENCER-SERVICES-EXHAUSTS) but I called them up as they didn't list all the parts on here.
Giver them a try! :ILU:
Barnes Silencers PentraethPentraeth01248 450721

Laid it all out as a dry run on the lawn but fitting tonight so will update if all goes well!

caddyboy
31-07-08, 16:30
How much did you pay??

Fatboy35
31-07-08, 18:36
T5WOB, is it all stainless steel and do they give a guarantee, sorry for the highjackT:

pure t4
31-07-08, 19:11
rebel powerpipes in barton just quoted me 350 decat full length stainless with guaranteeee thats with2 free flow boxes. they have a pretty good rep with the modders round here

cheekymonkey
01-08-08, 09:38
I won't say the exaxt price as I did haggle a bit & don't want to leve the guy having to match that price everytime, but let's say it was under 150 for the whole 3 sections including delivery, clamps & boolts for the CAT section :)

BARGAIN!!!

:ILU::ILU::ILU:

cheekymonkey
01-08-08, 09:40
Oh ... and BTW I fitted it all last night in about 1hr. All went perfectly but one support bracket / prong was probably about 1 inch out of perfect position so the rubber is a bit streched, but it's not realyl holding any weight on that one so am happy to leave it for now & prob get my garage to re-weld it slightly further down when it's next in for a service T:T:

JLR468
11-08-08, 21:22
Nice one Cheeky Monkey, I called and was quoted a price including delivery that was almost as good as them paying me to take the full 3 parts of the exhaust for my 1995 1.9D.

Ordered it on Saturday lunchtime was here today Monday at 0830.

Good bit of kit with 2 year guarantee.

Friendly service and took time to explain ins and outs etc etc.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

John
JLR468

cheekymonkey
12-08-08, 10:35
Good stuff, looks like a few folks on here have made calls since i ordered...

Always good to see good service & always good when it results in more business for them!

surfdaddy
12-08-08, 11:15
Yep I second that Mart': I used Topgear in Bristol for a nice little custom job recently. Less than I expected and looks/sounds the cats cobblers!T:

....plus 'lifetime guarantee' only gonna add peace of mind and value to the bus!T:

gellibeic
14-01-09, 09:57
Thanks for the recommendation. Have just ordered CAT replacement pipe, middle silencer and rear silencer from Barnes Silencers (01248 450721). I spoke to Paul who was very helpful - I like dealing with businesses where they say "you won't need one of those"

Barnes' price for 3 sections includes delivery and is cheaper than my local motor factor's price for just the middle and rear boxes undelivered.

gellibeic
15-01-09, 15:22
New exhaust system arrived by courier before 10.30 today - less than 24 hours from ordering. Fitted very easily once the old pipes were removed (so***ng bolts holding cat to front pipe, had to grind them off). Everything lined up, and it all just slipped together. Will use Barnes again if I need exhaust parts.

Nic
10-03-09, 13:30
Ordered from Barnes last week, turned up on friday morning, fitting was a doddle about a hour all in, superb service and a great price!!