Towbar Advice -help! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Towbar Advice -help!

T4Tasty
05-08-08, 22:37
:confused:I've never bought or fitted a towbar and I need one so I can have a towbar mounted bike rack anyone bought one they think is great and could reccommend? Or any on ebay/for sale tat you know to be good? I don't know what I should be looking to spend - do I need it to have electrics if so why? please advise.....:confused:

reimoboy
05-08-08, 22:41
If you are going to have a towball mounted carrier then you will need a lighting board (indicators etc) mounted on the bikes so you will need electrics.

I got mine from towsure for about 90 incl electrics, really easy to fit as well T:

reimoboy
05-08-08, 22:44
Actually just remembered got it from these guys http://towequipe.com/

T4Tasty
05-08-08, 22:44
If you are going to have a towball mounted carrier then you will need a lighting board (indicators etc) mounted on the bikes so you will need electrics.

I got mine from towsure for about 90 incl electrics, really easy to fit as well T:

Cool - did you have to drill holes in the underbody?:confused:

reimoboy
05-08-08, 22:46
No, uses existing holes :)

T4Tasty
05-08-08, 22:49
No, uses existing holes :)

ok cool - just done a search on that site http://towequipe.com/ over 10 different ones! Can you suggest the exact one you went for if you think it's good....(if yours had electrics as well?)

white van Al
06-08-08, 08:06
Have a ring around some of the towbar fitters in your area.

The ones for home fitting are usually about the 100 quid mark plus another tenner for the electrics and postage. It probably wont cost too much more for a pro to fit and then you are sure that its been fitted correctly and all the electrics work. Guys round here will fit a towbar with single electrics for about the 160 quid mark.
Ring around though as prices vary wildly.T:

itsavanthing
06-08-08, 09:13
Hi, I got a witter tow bar and electrics fitted especially to take a bike rack. Cost approx 200 to get it supplied and fitted by a company called indespension. It was fitted in a few hours.

T4Tasty
11-08-08, 08:37
Hi, I got a witter tow bar and electrics fitted especially to take a bike rack. Cost approx 200 to get it supplied and fitted by a company called indespension. It was fitted in a few hours.

Got quote from the towbar centre in poole...165 single electrics, lighting board, ball etc supplied and fitted (this friday)...seems fair??T:

Maff
11-08-08, 16:25
How random, i just called round a few places in Norwich and the best i got was 165 too

T4Tasty
11-08-08, 16:32
How random, i just called round a few places in Norwich and the best i got was 165 too

crazy! T: good price though :)