Restored Faith In My T4 [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Restored Faith In My T4

TDI Dave
15-08-08, 12:35
So some of you know how much greif my t4 has given me over the past few months

I embarked on a trip to belgium on tue night to stay in a hotel in dover then on the boat at 9:45wed morning (was delayed an hour ) because gales

After a very rough crossing arrived in calais at about 12:45 i think their time

drove strait to belgium (nr maistrickt )excuse spelling plz :P ,picked up an eriba caravan

then drove back to calais for my booked ferry at 10:15pm with 3 mins to spare to check in only to find a 4.5hr delay due to gale force 9 sea :( boarded at 3.30 arrived in dover at 4 am our time after a horrible crossing then drove straight home arriving at my house at 7:30 am

The T4 Drove absolutely perfect even with the oil leak did 860 miles all in and 36 hours ish and not a missed beat from the engine

So my T4 is back in the good books and i feel i could drive it anywhere again :ILU:

ill post a few pic's of the trip if anyones interested at all :ILU:T:

Dazboi
15-08-08, 12:36
whack them up dave id like to see

Scotti_P
15-08-08, 12:40
Yea man, pictures are a need be!!
Glad to hear about the Van behaving itself!

Scotti.

wehey
15-08-08, 13:46
I was the same with a 1200 mile round trip to southern Ireland. I was well nervous especially as i didnt have any breakdown cover, but the good old girl didnt miss a beat. 80mph+cruising all the way!!! Well pleased :)

TDI Dave
15-08-08, 17:48
ill try upload some later then T:

colese
15-08-08, 17:55
still got the oil leak in mine mate.took a trip to hull and back from bristol last weekend,van was fine,never missed a beat,pity about all the oil over the back doors when we got back.:eek:.never used alot of oil though.:confused:.:c vans.i love my van but always something to spend on them.:ILU:

kitman
15-08-08, 19:07
Glad to hear it mate !! (From a fellow auto T4 driver! :cool:)

TDI Dave
15-08-08, 21:27
still got the oil leak in mine mate.took a trip to hull and back from bristol last weekend,van was fine,never missed a beat,pity about all the oil over the back doors when we got back.:eek:.never used alot of oil though.:confused:.:c vans.i love my van but always something to spend on them.:ILU:

LOL you should see the white caravan i towed back took me best part of today to clean it !

and oddly enuff like you not much of a loss on the dip stick :confused: