Mounting a Caravanstore awning [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Mounting a Caravanstore awning

oskins
16-08-08, 12:42
Hi guys, maybe someone can help.
To use one of those awnings in a bag, would I be able to fit a hidden awning rail (the thing they use on caravans) in the channel on the roof or would it need to be fitted on the outside edge of the van. Need an answer so I can decide whether to get the Reimo rail or not.
Thanks gang.
A confused Bob:confused:

tuggy
16-08-08, 12:46
fitted one yesterday in the channel and its perfect for my khyam awning.12 for the strip and 8 for a tube of tiger seal,sorted.

oskins
16-08-08, 14:48
Thanks tuggy, but I think maybe the "bag" needs to hang on the side of the van in order to be rolled out.
Wondered if anyone on here has used one before and how they fitted it to the van.
Anyone?
Thanks for reading this.
Bob

ole carter
16-08-08, 14:57
I've seen a couple of these used by the lads on here...

One used the reimo rail and the other was off the roof bars that was fitted to the van..

We have got one of these as well and have purchased a reimo rail for the job...it is quite a multi purpose rail....

cheers Andy

oskins
16-08-08, 15:12
Thanks Andy. Looks like a Reimo rail then.

rallyraid
16-08-08, 20:09
i use a caravanstore on my to.
used awning rail with a lip on it. riveted to the top of the channal on the roof. fits lovely.
rich

oskins
17-08-08, 07:01
i use a caravanstore on my to.
used awning rail with a lip on it. riveted to the top of the channal on the roof. fits lovely.
rich

Any chance of a pic please?

West Stabbo Customs
17-08-08, 10:32
Reimo rail 100+ J rail about 20 does the same job mines bonded in the gutter

oskins
17-08-08, 15:02
Thanks for the reply but I can't see how it would fit with a "J" rail.
Surely it would need the sort of rail that goes around the top edge of a caravan (or the thinner piece on the Reimo rail) as the beading on the bag needs to be slid into something to hold it on. An even more:confused: Bob

mikey
17-08-08, 15:09
Get the reimo rail Bob and be done with it, looks so much nicer also. i have watched Russ put his awning onto his rail which is in the slot on top of the van and he has to climb on the roof. T:

oskins
17-08-08, 16:34
Thanx Mikey. Reimo it is then. Catch up with you soon.:ILU:

West Stabbo Customs
17-08-08, 18:02
The bead on the awning fits onto a figure of 8 plastic rail (about 3.00) then clips on the j rail easy as