installing windows [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

installing windows

ICUALICE
17-08-08, 08:45
Can anyone recommend somebody in cornwall that will install some side panel windows in my t4? Obviously I would like to keep it as cheap as possible, I would have a go myself but don't feel confident enough.

many thanks

jai

firstglass
17-08-08, 11:47
if you go cheap, your normily disapointed with the finished result

Walpol
17-08-08, 17:03
I know its a bit of a treck for you from Cornwall but I got mine done at Carwise in Teignmouth, Devon. The guy there is called Dave and he is very good at what he does. i think mine cost 130 each but as they say "if you buy cheap you buy twice". Hope this is of use to you.
Walpol

ICUALICE
17-08-08, 19:08
I know its a bit of a treck for you from Cornwall but I got mine done at Carwise in Teignmouth, Devon. The guy there is called Dave and he is very good at what he does. i think mine cost 130 each but as they say "if you buy cheap you buy twice". Hope this is of use to you.
Walpol

is that to fit them?

Walpol
17-08-08, 19:24
Yeah that was fitted. Took about 4 hours as I had to wait till they had bonded,I just made a day out of it and went into Teignmouth for the day.I had mine tinted there too. Not trying to bull the guy up or do any selling for him but I just think he did a really good job for me. I recommended him to a couple of T4 owners from work and they all say the same thing.
Hope this helps

jovius
17-08-08, 19:49
glass and rubber is cheap at vw under 50 for the two
try asking in a local windscreen place i got a great price for cash at a local fitting center
if you cut the hole and just get them to bond it in