Back in Black!!! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Back in Black!!!

team french
17-08-08, 18:43
i finaly got around to do somthing with my very grey bumpers, ive tryed back to black sprays and bumper restorer etc but they only realy lasted a day at best, so as as i had my hot air gun out for somthing else i decided to have a quick play and result!!! just gotta see how long it lasts:ILU: you can see the differance bellow
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/derk5000/DSC01254.jpg

baileybridger
17-08-08, 18:46
heat gunned mine too, made a heat shield from card and plenty silver foil kept the bumpers on and let rip , what a difference, well done!T:

rob1mitch
17-08-08, 18:52
Sorry if im being thick but when you say heat gun, do you mean the decorating/paint stripping type?:confused:

team french
17-08-08, 18:54
Sorry if im being thick but when you say heat gun, do you mean the decorating/paint stripping type?:confused:

thats the oneT: (electric not blowtorch tho) i didnt make a heatsheild but used the fan diffuser thing on the end and just took it easy near the paint work

Big Bad Bear
17-08-08, 19:48
that will last months now it's like bringing them back to as they came outta the factory

thewindbelowme
17-08-08, 20:40
That looks good will need to try it. Sprayed some back to black on last week and they're grey already

golfgtioz
17-08-08, 22:04
crikey team french :eek: wont recognise your van now .. looking good i'll have a closer look at the solfest .. what time you setting off ..