Rust Around The Windscreen [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Rust Around The Windscreen

jonb1kenobi
19-08-08, 20:35
Its been covered before, I need to get something done about some rust around the front pillars.

I've called around and found out a new windscreen will cost me 110 all in. So just need the rust sorting.

Whos had it done ?? Did you need to take the windscreen out ? And most important.....what was the cost of the work ?

muddyhell
19-08-08, 20:44
Ha mine done by TotallyT4 at Braunton....screen was cracked...well it was when it came out so insurance job at 60....the area around the screen then was shot blasted, rust cures, primed an sprayed and the new screen fitted..it was done on a " Lawrence Price"..but a reckon any good body shop would do the work to an equally high standard ...you'll have to find one local for a quote.

PredacomDom
19-08-08, 21:06
I'm looking at getting this done too as part of a few touch ups and bits so I'd be interested in seeing where you go and how much you end up paying.

I'm pretty certain the screen has to be taken out to combat the problem properly. Thats a minimum of 50 I think.

steve73
19-08-08, 21:56
Yep, i've got this also:(:(

kitinglard
20-08-08, 18:22
Have a look at my thread here https://vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14477

If your vans are late models (52 plate +) it might be of some help.

Paul

jonb1kenobi
20-08-08, 19:03
Have a look at my thread here https://vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14477

If your vans are late models (52 plate +) it might be of some help.

Paul

No such luck.....i'm a 1992 ! Going to get a quote tomorrow for the work, so i'll let you know.

jonb1kenobi
22-08-08, 09:52
Ok been around and got some quotes from 280:confused: to 190.
Nipped round to little place in warwick a mate had told me about, pulled up and the guy came straight out.......also a T4 owner ! anyway had a chat and he said he can do it for 150 all in plus colour match. So just need to sort the windscreen now.

rjm
22-08-08, 09:57
Had mine done.

Friendly screen fitter took out screen and re-fitted after painting.

Painting was a good negotiated price and so was the screen fitting.

Didnt need replacing.

Soulstyledevon
22-08-08, 09:59
Whats this place in Warwick John? If you see him again, ask him how much he would charge to colour bumpers and mirrors.
Thanks

PredacomDom
22-08-08, 11:52
I'm after getting some touch ups done as well, including the same rust around the screen. Is it worth going to the guy and trying to get a good price for giving him a bunch of work together?

If he's a T4 owner might be worth a go?

Same goes with removing / refitting the glass.

jonb1kenobi
22-08-08, 12:33
I'm after getting some touch ups done as well, including the same rust around the screen. Is it worth going to the guy and trying to get a good price for giving him a bunch of work together?

If he's a T4 owner might be worth a go?

Same goes with removing / refitting the glass.

Thats sounds a good idea.

This is the guy:
Paint Masters
Ladbroke Pk
Millers Rd, Warwick, CV34 5AN

01926 493289‎
07798 773806‎

He's working 10 days in advance at the moment due to the large work load he's got on. As for the windscreen, i'm getting mine replaced on the insurance and he had no problem with National Windscreen going to his unit once he's done the work to re-fit the new one. give him a call or pop round, tell him Jon with the red 1992 caravelle was there on Thursday. If we get him on our side he could be worth his weight in gold for body shop work for all of us in there area. T:

PredacomDom
23-08-08, 17:30
I'll stop in and see the guy some time next week.

Let's hope the price is right...

jonb1kenobi
01-09-08, 20:19
Just to let those know who were interested...... got all my rust done around the windscreen today, had her home by 4.30 ! He grinded it all back with the bottom of the screen being the worst. New windscreen in with a grey top tint. 150 for the bodywork to be done and the screen was 60 excess. Happy with the job T:
Roll on the next job !!!!

phil5556
01-09-08, 20:29
Pics of his work?