TV Aeials what you using? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

TV Aeials what you using?

jamestopdog
26-08-08, 15:40
In really want some decent TV reception when camping in the van what have people used? (pics would be good aswell) has anyone used a 530 status areial I had one of these on my last caravan but would imagine they are a mission to fit. cheersT:

jamestopdog
26-08-08, 15:43
BTW I do have a status aerial on a pole aswell but cant think of any way of securing it really...

steve padda
26-08-08, 19:40
Hi
You could try and clamp the pole to the front tow eye, you can get a double clamp that is meant to fit to the jockey wheel shaft on a caravan.
With a little jiggery pokery it should do the job.

steve

jamestopdog
26-08-08, 21:36
might be worth a try mate cheersT:

GandT
26-08-08, 23:56
ive seen a lot of people useing those starship enterprise looking things off caravans for tv+freeview in T4sT:

also looks cool in middle of roof near rear roof spoiler

PaulMela
27-08-08, 12:30
ive seen a lot of people useing those starship enterprise looking things off caravans for tv+freeview in T4sT:

also looks cool in middle of roof near rear roof spoiler

Got any pics, I'm looking for a roof mounted tv aerial and a roof mounted wifi aerial. There's two holes in my roof at the moment that I have sealed but would like to use them for the above

Merry Monk
28-08-08, 08:25
We are using a Status 315 that fits to the roof using suckers, that way it's only on whilst it's been used. Usually we get all the normal tv channels but digital is more hit and miss, TBH I would go for the directional Status;)

jonb1kenobi
28-08-08, 08:30
I went all out and splashed out on this baby........I:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?TabID=1&ModuleNo=25649&doy=28m8

Well for 9.99, it works a treat. Hooked it up to my freeview box when we were in Devon couple of weeks ago for the 1st time and got 90% signal. It will do for us anyway.

evilwil
29-08-08, 01:11
1.5 Cab Sav in Tescos sod the box