Help!! The search for a Rock and Roll bed [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Help!! The search for a Rock and Roll bed

andymax78
05-09-08, 16:05
Hi,

I've just bought my first camper and am really enjoying it except for the bed. The current bed is a DIY disaster built by a previous owner and there are no seat belts in the back.

I'm based in Hove, Sussex and was wondering if anyone relatively near has had a Dave Cannon bed and belts install. They appear to have very good review but i'd like to see one before I buy.

If you have acannon bed or have a good bed and have managed to fit belts i'd be grateful if I could come and see it so that we can order something and finish our van off, travel safely and sleep well.

simplepsy
05-09-08, 17:17
Have a search for Cannons Forge here and there are definately some good photos for starters, of a very recent install aswell T:

Jurasik
05-09-08, 17:30
Just thought I'd put my 2p in.
I have a Cannon's Forge bed in my conversion. This has seatbelts in it & I can confirm that they work.
For some pics, take a look at this:
https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7667&page=3
It shows my conversion at it's current state, but I have just sourced some foam for the seat/bed & hope to get the seats done in the next few weeks.:D

andymax78
05-09-08, 17:31
Thanks, the the cannon forge beds look good. I specifically want to see how easy they are to convert from seat to bed and back again and the shelf at the back. Does anyone have one in their van in the sussex area that I could come and have a look at??

slammedviper
05-09-08, 17:31
Bud i built my own steel frame bed... Ok, not quite cannon forge standard, but will still take seatbelts no doubt... I'm popping into brighton saturday evening to see another lad on here, so if you're around then give me a ring and I can pop round if you want a look.. 07877 245549

Jono :ILU:

Jurasik
05-09-08, 21:30
Thanks, the the cannon forge beds look good. I specifically want to see how easy they are to convert from seat to bed and back again and the shelf at the back. Does anyone have one in their van in the sussex area that I could come and have a look at??

If you look at the front of the seat, just below the lip in this pic:
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh154/Stinker/DSC_0002-1.jpg
you will see a small black lever. You slide this away from you & the catches disengage. You then pull the seat towards the front of the van. The only thing to watch out for is the seat belts. (You need to make sure the hasps are not trapped in the small gap between the two boards.) You can do this with one hand. The seat folds down into the bed.
To convert it back again, I put my hand down the side of the bed, near the middle hinge & pull up. This will make the seat portion move back towards the rear of the van.
It is solid & well worth the money. T:

brainy
06-09-08, 09:10
we.ve got the connons forge seat in the van and its bloody great!:cool:
have a look at this--- https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2182
theres loads of pics....

andymax78
06-09-08, 17:01
Bud i built my own steel frame bed... Ok, not quite cannon forge standard, but will still take seatbelts no doubt... I'm popping into brighton saturday evening to see another lad on here, so if you're around then give me a ring and I can pop round if you want a look.. 07877 245549

Jono :ILU:
Hi, Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately we're not in Brighton tonight

andymax78
03-11-08, 18:53
Finally sorted the bed.

Got it from Dave at cannons forge and would recommend it to anyone. Great quality and the service was fantastic. If anyone else is thinking of getting one take the time to go up and get it fitted as I did. Although its not complicated Dave had the tools and know how to sort out a few testing issues which would have taken time and new tools for me to deal with.

Thanks for all the advice.