So Vanfest [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

So Vanfest

T4 Chris
09-09-08, 14:36
So guys and girls, I am in my first year of T4 ownership and I am a Vanfest virgin, but going this year...Cant wait!!

Question is do you lot attempt to park/camp together is that virtually impossible, have you got club camping sorted (I realise its too late for me to join, unless any late cancellations?)

I would love too meet up, have a chat and a nose around some of your T4's.

I have no idea of the size or access at the showground, but we're most likely to arrive on Friday at 6 -7 pm I am likely to be in a queue for the first night!!! H:

Any (nice) advice welcomed.

Cheers :ILU:

T4 Chris
09-09-08, 14:39
Quote:

I have no idea of the size or access at the showground, but we're most likely to arrive on Friday at 6 -7 pm I am likely to be in a queue for the first night!!!

Sorry that was meant to say Am I ? but was I actually kinda right anyway?LOL:

T4 VIRGIN,
09-09-08, 15:10
chris i am not attending vanfest but having reading posts on here on a daily basis there is forum camping with a very large number of vans attending/parking/camping with fun events planned for family kids etc,with fancy dress with pirates being the theme

have a search on here for vanfest posts and you will find something,or contact jimbo on here as if i remember correctly he and others organised this,also somone may cancel and you may be lucky enough to get on the list,cheers

TDI Dave
09-09-08, 15:23
assuming any of us can go pretty water logged at this moment in time the severn has bust its banks near the m way junction pretty grim outlook with the rain here with more weather /flood warnings in place the showground is 2 inches deep in alot of places

T4 Chris
09-09-08, 19:31
assuming any of us can go pretty water logged at this moment in time the severn has bust its banks near the m way junction pretty grim outlook with the rain here with more weather /flood warnings in place the showground is 2 inches deep in alot of places

OMG hadn't realised it was that bad. So is the best thing to check to Vanfest website before departure or what? :confused:

Don't want to drive 100 miles to a cancelled show!!

nealglover
09-09-08, 19:36
any more news from local Malvern folk on the state of the showground ?

the showground being 2 inches deep in water doesn't sound too good to me.

colese
09-09-08, 19:47
that does'nt sound good.been trying the vanfest website,cant access it,anyone else tried.:ILU:

T4 Chris
09-09-08, 23:13
that does'nt sound good.been trying the vanfest website,cant access it,anyone else tried.:ILU:

I can't get on it either!!! Oh dear, wonder if its offline being updated, to state that its been called off!?!?!?!?!?!?:eek::c

Purely speculation ofcourse but............................................... ...............

scott337
09-09-08, 23:19
I can't get on it either!!! Oh dear, wonder if its offline being updated, to state that its been called off!?!?!?!?!?!?:eek::c

Purely speculation ofcourse but............................................... ...............
Ive just been on the website and it all seems ok, no mention of it being called off

T4 Chris
09-09-08, 23:34
Ive just been on the website and it all seems ok, no mention of it being called off

I still can't, have you tried refreshing it to force it to reload, possible you are viewing a page stored locally on your pc???

Sorry if I'm teaching you how to suck eggs and all that!!!I:

scott337
09-09-08, 23:48
Refreshed page all ok

TDI Dave
10-09-08, 00:03
my mates sent me a photo today inside the show ground and it doesnt look to bad just the road sections look a bit water covered the grass is all good from what i can see but its deffo gonna be a bit muddy for us id say
No way will they cancel this close

order of the day is wellies and plenty of socks for the kids ! an tow ropes hehehe

t4rum mud wrestling drunken of co

it may dry out a bit (but the forcast tomorrow is very grim ) ill ask for another photo tomorow

ill try upload it here but its a phone pic

T4 Chris
10-09-08, 00:07
Yeah ok for me too now!! Took ages to initially load but then OK, as you said no mention of problems or cancelling!?

Fingers crossed.

:c Weather...

T4 Chris
10-09-08, 00:11
Sorry got out of sync there!!

Good (ish) news TDI Dave, thanks for the informed update.

Whats makes you sure they wouldn't cancel no matter what?

Cheers

Roors
10-09-08, 00:19
Whats makes you sure they wouldn't cancel no matter what?

Cheers

Somewhere in the region of 10,000 tickets @ 30 ea. all pre-booked (my tickets were in the mid 08xxx serial numbers). Can't imagine them returning 300,000 to ticket holders. Would leave them seriously in debt for services they will still have to pay for.

TDI Dave
10-09-08, 00:20
well a lot of overseas vw dubber come too so they would be on the way in a few hours from now the picture does show the grassed areas looking fine obviously soaked and a bit soft but no water visable on the green stuff A:

T4 Chris
10-09-08, 00:31
Somewhere in the region of 10,000 tickets @ 30 ea. all pre-booked (my tickets were in the mid 08xxx serial numbers). Can't imagine them returning 300,000 to ticket holders. Would leave them seriously in debt for services they will still have to pay for.

See your point, but Health and safety nerds always have to have their two penneths worth, and if it was deemed unsafe, don't see that promoter would have a choice. Besides they must be insured for things like that anyway?

stridey
10-09-08, 06:28
It works FINE from my PC. Didnt last night but is fine now, and I didnt access it before so it was not stored in my pc. So, dont panic!:D

rjm
10-09-08, 07:59
Take alook at the Met Office link as the sun is out this morning and the outlook for the next 5 days is promising.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/wm/worcester_forecast_weather.html

TDI Dave
10-09-08, 08:19
im told there is a bed of harcore under the grass at malvern and it acts as a soak away

it is also why its a pain in the a$$ to get your tent pegs in !

i think its all gonna be fine and dandy might even take some sun cream

Merry Monk
10-09-08, 08:23
If you are in general camping it will be fine, it drains very well, it's hardcore with a bit of grass on top.
The Orchard should be OK as well as that is on a slight slope;)

T4weasel
12-09-08, 12:25
any more news from local Malvern folk on the state of the showground ?

the showground being 2 inches deep in water doesn't sound too good to me.

Not been to the show ground yet but live in worcester and theres loads of vans heading that way today Fri so guess its all still on

T4weasel
12-09-08, 12:26
Not been to the site yet but live in worcester and theres loads of vans heading that way so guess its all still on....

nealglover
12-09-08, 12:31
Not been to the site yet but live in worcester and theres loads of vans heading that way so guess its all still on....

it had better be :D I'm nearly there !