front lights ??? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

front lights ???

elvisferrari
09-09-08, 22:23
just wondering if anyone can help me out with afew ideas
for front lights i've bought some smoked indicators
and now the original lights just look a bit
are there any lights that look a bit more mean ?? like smoked or some thing ??
if so where do you get them ? as i've looked but can;t find anything !!

also for MOT reasons do they have to be clear any help on this would be much appreciated
thanks in advance
elvis

cally
09-09-08, 22:43
just wondering if anyone can help me out with afew ideas
for front lights i've bought some smoked indicators
and now the original lights just look a bit
are there any lights that look a bit more mean ?? like smoked or some thing ??
if so where do you get them ? as i've looked but can;t find anything !!

also for MOT reasons do they have to be clear any help on this would be much appreciated
thanks in advance
elvis

Hi fella, lightly spray lights with black indicator spray you can get from motorworld or halfords,,,
( lightly spray lights, fine coat, seen it done to van with smoked indicators and it looks sweet.... hope that helps fella......

elvisferrari
11-09-08, 03:37
hey dude thanks for the reply A:
do you have to spray the inside of light lens
or just mask up and mist it on ?? i'm a bit worried that it will just flake off ??
also will this pass an mot ??
as it going in on monday ...
cheers
elvis

team french
11-09-08, 07:48
do it on tuesday then!H:

Sam
11-09-08, 08:18
do it on tuesday then!H:

Couldn't agree more with that T:

cally
11-09-08, 15:09
hey dude thanks for the reply A:
do you have to spray the inside of light lens
or just mask up and mist it on ?? i'm a bit worried that it will just flake off ??
also will this pass an mot ??
as it going in on monday ...
cheers
elvis
just mask up and mist on outside lens..... be careful.... very lightly..... and yeah do it after mot.......................it looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.........................

vanbling
11-09-08, 15:25
So your on about spraying over the already poor light output of the t4 lights?

Great idea. NOT!

Spray lights, have a crash and die.....don't do it fella its a silly idea.

There are plenty of other mods you can do that will make it look good.

Indicators at so cheap you could by some white or crystal ones. :ILU:

cally
11-09-08, 15:31

Great idea. NOT!

DONT TALK WET..... bit harsh aint it......(crash and die) i know someone who done it, his lights are fine.... try it and see.... easy to get back off............................................... .

vanbling
11-09-08, 17:57
Tell the rozzers that, does your mate have a saxo by any chance?

I don't think its talking wet, I just think you would be wise not to do something that may jeopardise the integrity of you/passenger safety. It is a fact afterall that the T4 headlights are poor in the first place.

cally
11-09-08, 18:54

I don't think its talking wet, I just think you would be wise not to do something that may jeopardise the integrity of you/passenger safety. It is a fact afterall that the T4 headlights are poor in the first place.
NO ITS DONE TO A T4..................................the lights are fine with very light spray... the spray is designed for lights aint it!!!!!........................................... ...............................................

Anyhow..... he was asking if there was anything he could do to lights,,,,,, and all i'm saying, it looks nice.... and my bro had no trouble with lights on his t4,,, he's had them done for months......

marshy
11-09-08, 19:18
If you don't want to spray the outside, you could always take the lens off and paint the non reflective parts inside the lights, this way you aren't actually sparying the lights. when your lenses are back on it will look like the lights are smoked without making your lights more dull. I heard about this from a friend who has done this to some lights from a golf, I've thought about doing this myself but was going to try it on one from a scrap yard just incase it f:cks it up.

mike-ktm
11-09-08, 19:29
Zetec-s lads do this too. Quite effective, and of course doesn't affect the light output in any way ;)

Mike

T4 VIRGIN,
11-09-08, 21:05

welsherbman is right,i think its billet the kid on here that has his done and it looks great,he hasnt had any problems with light each to there own but your comments were a bit harsh and uncalled for

Jono
11-09-08, 21:36
Hi

I'm not sure what front end you have but these are on my longnoseA:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb137/MysteryMachine_photo/DSC02743.jpg

Cheers

Jono.:ILU:

cally
11-09-08, 22:15
welsherbman is right,i think its billet the kid on here that has his done and it looks great,he hasnt had any problems with light each to there own but your comments were a bit harsh and uncalled for

I thought comments were harsh too man......................................

cally
11-09-08, 22:19

Great idea. NOT!

BIT HARSH ME THINKS............................................ .............................................

nealglover
11-09-08, 22:33
As far as I am aware, billet's lights are black due to the fact he has covers over them that are sprayed body colour (they come off when the lights are needed)

And as far as anything that would cut the amount of light that is given off by the already poor T4 headlights, not wise in my opinion.
Mine are already slightly worse than having a couple of candles on the dashboard !!

cally
11-09-08, 22:41
I've noticed few people mention the poor lights on t4s... i find my lights fine.... dont find them dim at all..........or maybe its just that all my previous motors lights have just been sh#t...........................................

team french
11-09-08, 22:51
I've noticed few people mention the poor lights on t4s... i find my lights fine.... dont find them dim at all..........or maybe its just that all my previous motors lights have just been sh#t...........................................

its funny you say that, when i got my t4 i had to drive it home in the dark, i thought then that the lights were better than my old xantia. that said, it was french!!!!(despite the name , im not, its just my surnameLOL:LOL:)

cally
11-09-08, 22:59
its funny you say that, when i got my t4 i had to drive it home in the dark, i thought then that the lights were better than my old xantia. that said, it was french!!!!(despite the name , im not, its just my surnameLOL:LOL:)

my last motor was german too.... (bmw) i dont do french... never have never will.................lol.......................... .................................................. ..........