Reducing Engine Noise in 1.9TD [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Reducing Engine Noise in 1.9TD

T4 Tom
19-09-08, 21:37
I think this has been talked about before,, possibly even by me, but has anyone done much to try and reduce the amount of engine noise in the cab of a T4?

I have got rid of most of the rear noise with insulation so the engine is now the only annoyance really..... I never expect it to be silent, just wondered if there is a way of deadening it somewhat,

Cheers,

Tom

Russt4
19-09-08, 21:41
Stereo up full chat ? Ear defenders ? Or just get towed every where Tom Rasp:

T4 Tom
19-09-08, 21:43
Stereo up full chat ? Ear defenders ? Or just get towed every where Tom Rasp:

lol,

or just buy a velle TDi i reckon could be a solution!

I wonder how much noise comes through the bonnet then screen?

Reason I ask is that the bonet could easily have more insulation added.

My guess though is it all comes through the bulkhead.... hmmm

the Green Geko
19-09-08, 21:57
Check out this thread i asked similar question a few weeks ago, and this is where most pointed me to T:

Soundproofing the cab floor area (https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13850)

:D

DavieT4
20-09-08, 08:36
I took out the seats and mat and put some sounproofing I got from cmc. I also removed the door cards and glued panels of it on them. Removed the steps and put it there too. I use some soundproofing mats I got from a couple of merc vans in the seat boxes and fitted one in the footwell (passenger side) between the bulkhead and the dash. It is completely different. Still not a limo though.

scott337
20-09-08, 08:50
I think this has been talked about before,, possibly even by me, but has anyone done much to try and reduce the amount of engine noise in the cab of a T4?

I have got rid of most of the rear noise with insulation so the engine is now the only annoyance really..... I never expect it to be silent, just wondered if there is a way of deadening it somewhat,

Cheers,

Tom
Sit in the back Tom on the wheel arch with a speaker pounding in your left ear :eek:
I couldnt hear any engine noise then, but still cant hear in that ear now properly LOL:LOL:

muddyhell
20-09-08, 09:31
I wonder if the fibre mats you can get for going under laminate flooring would help...there about 5mm thick and should deaden any revebrations through the floor...I need to look under the bonnet of my old mans 2.5 as that dosnt chuck up half so much noise..also its an empty panel van?... I know 1.9 engines work that bit harder but they should be quieter...:confused:

Dazboi
20-09-08, 09:56
Remove engine, put holes in floor, flinstones styleee!

I:

muddyhell
20-09-08, 09:57
probably be faster up hills..Rasp:

the Green Geko
21-09-08, 11:37
Remove engine, put holes in floor, flinstones styleee!

I:

is that one of your usless facts from your thread??? A: