Ex-AA bumper question.... [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Ex-AA bumper question....

caddyboy
24-09-08, 16:20
What's everyone done about the hacked out square hole in the front bumper??

My bumpers are already colour coded but the gaping hole is getting on me wick!

zeb
24-09-08, 18:32
Mine still has the jump start connectors so I'm going to try and get them working again (when I can get some matching Anderson connectors).

My mate's however has had the jump start cabling & connectors removed so at some point he's planning to fit front fogs.

caddyboy
24-09-08, 21:47
The fogs fit in the holes next to the one the AA chopped out.

akdaka
25-09-08, 07:10
I am trying to find a end cap which is textured, preferably free sample like the ones they finish steel box section with like below link. It is trying to get one nearest the size as I want to fit front fog lights at some point in the future.

http://www.stockcap.com/prod_detail.asp?id=169&cat=13

If you buy the minimum quantity iseems to be a 1000:eek:

Andy

mtbjeff
25-09-08, 08:19
Any ideas of someone selling the AA jump leads? I normally carry some and it would be good if the sockets were actually useful.

Luck Dave
25-09-08, 09:00
I found a old large blank oval grommit to fit mine with a little cutting.

as it sits inwards from the main bumper, you could bond in a section of grained black plastic to fill the dipped part of the bumper.

caddyboy
25-09-08, 19:52
Mine are smoothed and painted too, will look for some dorts of grommet or summat then paint it I think.

As for the people who are fitting fogs, the VW fogs fit into the "blanking plates" next to where the AA hacked out the hole.

Luck Dave
25-09-08, 20:09
I may just add a dummy tow hook!!!

zeb
26-09-08, 19:24
The fogs fit in the holes next to the one the AA chopped out.Now you point that out I remember he was going to fit fogs and then use a piece that had been chopped out to fill the hole!

dulux72
27-09-08, 17:45
Any ideas of someone selling the AA jump leads? I normally carry some and it would be good if the sockets were actually useful.

My van came with a set, make me an offer. Be warned the postage will be quite alot as they weigh a tonne (not literally)

tonypastie
27-09-08, 19:26
anderson plugs on ebay i got some and made my own leads up :)