Illegal Camping? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Illegal Camping?

Pegsyno1
25-09-08, 18:49
Hi

I visited Southampton last week and parked up in an empty marina car park. 11pm, knock on the door, its the police asking me to move on as I'm parked illegally. They redirected me to the public car park in the centre of town.
Granted there was a sign saying no camping, but I would have thought the police have better things to do than patrolling an empty car park.
The public car park was a on a route between a couple of pubs which meant a steady flow of lads out for the night. No problems, but they were a bit noisy and if I advertised my presence, well, we've all seen Deliverance:eek:

Without having to pay for campsites, what does everyone look for when bedding down for the night?

rhinochaser
25-09-08, 18:55
find a more residential area where thre are parked cars and sleep there. no one hassles you. If you sleep alone in carparks, beaches etc police or people seem to knock on your van !

Or better still find a forum member where you are going and ask to park on thier drive!!LOL:

BANANAVAN
25-09-08, 19:05
they might have saved your bacon! It might have been a dogging spot!

Desp Dan
25-09-08, 19:08
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/

T:

Big Bad Bear
25-09-08, 19:09
they might have saved your bacon! It might have been a dogging spot!

Might have helped to while away the small hours I: LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

simplepsy
25-09-08, 19:18
Might have helped to while away the small hours I: LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:

yeah! I like playing with puppies Y:

I:

kit
25-09-08, 19:39
Working at a sea side resort we patrol the car parks a matter of course not to catch people sleeping but a lot of crims and stolen cars end up in them. We have numerous jobs to do and I don't have time or interest inmoving decent people on. Just my two pences:)