And so it begins [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

And so it begins

Dazboi
26-09-08, 05:46
Well its 6.45am, jungles van is soon to arrive from the long distant land of the wirral, im must admit to being a bit nervous as to what condition im going to find the van in, im prepared, but have we bitten off more than we can chew? confidence is the key, man made it man can fix it, lets see what that a:cle has done to the van, babysteps, formulate a plan and execute, cant worry until ive got something to worry about!

ill keep you all posted

reimoboy
26-09-08, 06:24
Make sure you post some pics if you get the chance, so we can see the beast before it's transformation :D

Dazboi
26-09-08, 06:27
I:what when i get stressed out and jump on it with a hammer?I:

ahay!
26-09-08, 07:14
Yeah we'd like some pics of that as well ;)

jane/rob&dennis
26-09-08, 07:21
Good luck and well done for all the hard work you've done already. A:A:

Dazboi
26-09-08, 10:32
well shes landed and the mission begins

Dazboi
26-09-08, 10:41
pistons ok

StinkBomber
26-09-08, 12:41
Make sure you post some pics if you get the chance, so we can see the beast before it's transformation :D

Yeh - post piccies!
We all wanna see the beast! :D

Dazboi
26-09-08, 12:50
i need nealglovers help as ill need to text the photos to his iphone for him to post

reimoboy
26-09-08, 13:26
Send them to my email if you want, and I can post them up. Be away after 4pm though :D

Dazboi
26-09-08, 13:42
i cant, i have to do it on my phone then i cant link them! ill just describe what were doing LOL:LOL:LOL:

JandT
26-09-08, 14:29
Great jesture Daz, you are a starY:

Dazboi
26-09-08, 14:44
im not the star, my techs and my company are, i am just a bloke that could faclitate this training exercise, they deserve any plaudits when the vehicle is ready

malla1962
26-09-08, 15:21
What are you doing to it?

Dazboi
26-09-08, 15:24
turning it into a death star for i am jeff vader!

ahay!
26-09-08, 15:44
turning it into a death star for i am DAFT vader!

Ohhhhhh! that explains a lot I:

ahay!
26-09-08, 15:45
Dazboi 1 Kenobi? :dunno:

ahay!
26-09-08, 15:46
Van Solo :dunno:

ahay!
26-09-08, 15:49
No I've got it :D

Jabba the hut I:

Dazboi
26-09-08, 15:54
thats not very nice is it:(

Dazboi
26-09-08, 16:17
neal i need ur mobile number so i can text the first pics!

nealglover
26-09-08, 16:20
On it's way to your PM box now skipper T:

Dazboi
26-09-08, 16:23
aint got it yet, got a few nice piccies for you to put in

Dazboi
26-09-08, 16:26
first looking everything appears there, pistons appear to be ok, we've honed one of the bores and they sit nicely, monday we're gonna unpack the van and make a cup of tea and some bacon sarnies.

my two lads who will be responsible for the project are really excited at the prospect of rebuilding the engine, which to be honest has suprised even me!

t4trick
26-09-08, 16:30
Dazboi, I feel like I'm missing the first couple of pages of this thread. What are you starting with and what are you going to end up with?:confused:

Cheers
T:

Dazboi
26-09-08, 16:37
junglegusset2 had (wont go right into it) some problems with some :c who was supposed to fix his van, i have arranged for the vehicle has been uplifted from the wirral to maidenhead, we have offered to put the vehicle back together to get ian back on the road, its the 2000th post thing although i think it may be the last prize i give out over here LOL:LOL:LOL:

we want ian back on the road with the minimum of fuss, at the least expense possible, i think thats about it in a nutshell really

the company here have been very supportive of my project although as a business we are not in the habit of "charity" or "giving" away labour etc, but it is an ideal training oppurtunity for two of the younger technicians, seeing as there are still a heeluva lot of t4 1.9s out on the road, i see it as an investment for them too

Dazboi
26-09-08, 16:39
to make it easier

https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=20715&highlight=jungle

nealglover
26-09-08, 16:53
Pics are now on Page 4 :D

sorted !

Dazboi
26-09-08, 16:54
i cnat see them!

Dazboi
26-09-08, 16:54
and yes.....lots of work to do, i did say to ian i may get it back on the road by xmas, i didnt say which one

scott337
26-09-08, 16:55
i cnat see them!
I cant see them either

nealglover
26-09-08, 16:56
can you not see them ? anyone else ? I can see them fine here :confused:

Dazboi
26-09-08, 16:56
sort it out neal! lol

youre supposed to be helping here! Rasp:

nealglover
26-09-08, 16:59
OK lets try that again :D

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz4-1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz3-1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz2-1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz1-1.jpg

Hows That ?? T:

scott337
26-09-08, 17:01
OK lets try that again :D

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz2.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz3.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz4.jpg

Hows That ?? T:
Yep I can see them nowT:A:T:

loud ed
26-09-08, 20:00
them piccies are they small or has my eyesight got worse

nealglover
26-09-08, 20:03
Sorted the Pics, sorry chaps hadnt realised Photobucket was shrinking them as I imported T:

Dazboi
27-09-08, 06:18
another day has begun, lets see what we can achieve today eh

Dazboi
27-09-08, 08:54
thanks for sorting those neal

nealglover
27-09-08, 09:40
No probs, keep 'em coming T:

Dazboi
29-09-08, 06:13
dont think im gonna get too much done today, its monday and its quite busy on the work front plus wwe're a couple of men down, i love mondays i really do

bravocorsa
29-09-08, 08:23
hi daz, and I thought it was just me who loved mondays !!!I:
LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LOL:LO L:LOL:

the Green Geko
29-09-08, 20:15
Can't wait to see the outcome of this, great thing going on there A:

Dazboi
30-09-08, 06:26
well pistons in place, looking at the cylinder head found the camshaft damaged at one end and the end cap damaged at the other where is seals, disaster, well no, i can get round the end cap but ill have to replace the camshaft, eurocarparts organised a cam for me for 55+vat considering the vw one is 192+vat i think i got a deal, im hoping to have her running by the weekend if we can, then onto the service and bodywork, i even asked mrs dazboi if she wanted to come down and clean the interior to which a got a really stern reply :c off!

she so charitable my wife!

jane/rob&dennis
30-09-08, 07:31
well pistons in place, looking at the cylinder head found the camshaft damaged at one end and the end cap damaged at the other where is seals, disaster, well no, i can get round the end cap but ill have to replace the camshaft, eurocarparts organised a cam for me for 55+vat considering the vw one is 192+vat i think i got a deal, im hoping to have her running by the weekend if we can, then onto the service and bodywork, i even asked mrs dazboi if she wanted to come down and clean the interior to which a got a really stern reply :c off!
she so charitable my wife!

What is Simon busy then? I:

reimoboy
30-09-08, 07:34
What is Simon busy then? I:

I'll throw a free valet into the mix if required :cool:

Dazboi
30-09-08, 07:36
I'll throw a free valet into the mix if required :cool:

thanks mate, its going into the bodyshop for a mop polish and tidy up, so it shouldnt need one lol

Dazboi
30-09-08, 16:17
right, got the camshaft into place only to find injector washer jammed into head! im gonna need a hair transplant by the time this job is finished, young daniel is laying out all the nuts bolts etc in order to find out whats missing and what needs to go where, i am hoping, injector washer aside that we'll have the head into place for tomorrow afternoon, but my sales guys keep selling more vans and putting work through my workshop which seems to be hampering my progress somewhat, but hey ho tomorrow is but another day

Dazboi
01-10-08, 06:10
been talking to t4lwbsteve (great guy but dont tell him) he really wants to do something great for this project, jungles only recently updated his stereo system so steve and i were trying to work on something nice to go in the van, i believe steve owns/runs an audio visual supplier and his pms have been with me every step of the way, it would appear (hope) that steve is going to supply and fit a drop down dvd player into the rear of jungles motor, begining to feel a bit like xzibit off pimp my ride, "when you drove your old jalopy in this is what she looked like!"...........

main concerns today, get injector washer out of cylinder head, finish fitting up engine and see if she runs, would like to drive her off the ramps for a few days as ive got mental amount of work to get through over the next week or so, so need to free the ramp up for a short time

oddboy
01-10-08, 06:35
Xibit you look more like westwoodLOL:

Dazboi
01-10-08, 06:54
cheers mate thanks for that!

Dazboi
01-10-08, 16:10
a more productive day today, got head on and near enough put the whole thing back together, cambelt and tensioner to go on tomorrow, front grille, then its fluids etc, carry out service and bfc and roadtest, things are going better than expected altough i wont count my chickens eh

reimoboy
01-10-08, 16:26
Good news Daz, tell the boys to keep up the good work A:

Dazboi
01-10-08, 16:48
what id like is some nice forum karma for tomorrow, every think.......engine start, no leaks lol

then ill be a happy bunny!

nbsurf
01-10-08, 18:34
Great gesture Daz. The talk of this weeks regional meeting here in North Devon. Lots of good comments about the quality of the work your guys do - Certainly should be invaded by forum members from now on! I for one will try and make the effort to support any business that can see beyond making money out of their customers. T:

Dazboi
02-10-08, 06:15
Great gesture Daz. The talk of this weeks regional meeting here in North Devon. Lots of good comments about the quality of the work your guys do - Certainly should be invaded by forum members from now on! I for one will try and make the effort to support any business that can see beyond making money out of their customers. T:

it wasnt a gesture taken lightly i can assure you, theres some good people on here, some really good people on here and as a business we cant just go doing things for free, but there was an oppurtnity to do something good for no reason at all, we can only do our best and treat our customers right (or try to), the only effort i have made personally is overseeing the event i would say the most of the credit needs to go to my boys in the workshop for their dedication and time and the management team for supporting someone who is kind of high maintainence but very worth it.

the forum itself has opened up new roads to me both in business and in personal life and for that ill always be greatful.

Dazboi
02-10-08, 06:17
Xibit you look more like fleetwood macLOL:

who are they then?

oddboy
02-10-08, 07:11
management team for supporting someone who is kind of high maintainence but very worth it.

you talking about your wife?

Dazboi
02-10-08, 07:13
no me of course!

jane/rob&dennis
02-10-08, 07:20
what id like is some nice forum karma for tomorrow, every think.......engine start, no leaks lol

then ill be a happy bunny!

:gl No leaks, :gl no leaks, :gl No leaks:gl

ahay!
02-10-08, 07:30
:gl No leaks, :gl no leaks, :gl No leaks:gl

No leaks, :gl no leaks, :gl No leaks:gl

Dazboi
02-10-08, 07:38
a bit of a result but not a good one, we found the cause of the lack of power on the engine, it would appear the bottom pulley has been run loose and caused some damage, we can repair, replace the pulley and the bolt, we'll build up the keyway with weld and that should sort it, this would have been the problem originally

Dazboi
02-10-08, 10:50
t4lwbsteve has just mailed me, hes gonna be down on wednesday to fit dvd player to jungles ride, from the moment the plan was hatched steve has been supportive of the project, it pushes me and my guys on to know how much support there is for this even if theres a rollocking to be had at the end of it all eh

junglegusset2
02-10-08, 11:47
I've only just found this thread! Doh! Been away for a week so not been that on top of the forum but daz has kept me up to speed on the phone. Feel a bit bad that my engine has thrown so many curved balls at daz and the Cordwallis team, but it's nothing they can't handle I'm sure. I cannot be grateful enogh to everyone who has chipped in on this, especially daz and his boys, and t4lwbsteve for his very generous input, cheers steve. I look forward to paying some of this generosity back in someway, and paying it forward into the forum and it's members in the future. Have a good weekend those of you who are going to Oktoberfest, hopefully I can join you there and at vanfest next year. :)

Stereo Steve
05-10-08, 19:07
to be honest i thought after all the help i get from the forum (worth every penny of the 10 donation)
i thought damm it daz aint getting all the merit on this one I:LOL:
no serious i really think this is a great way to prove there is still good karma out there .

may not be able to hear any of my customers on thursday after daz has talked my ears offI:
steve

junglegusset2
05-10-08, 21:25
More thanks are due now. Amplifieddesign has offered to do some graphics for my van. Thanks Cat. Thanks Steeve, thanks daz and co. Thanks Keith the towman extraordinaire. :ILU:

David
06-10-08, 12:20
Hope someones taking plenty of photo's. Sounds like a perfect magazine article to show the forum in a good light. Bit like the "Good will" engine project in the states where they got together and sorted a British bloke who got ripped off for a motor and gearbox from the states.

amplifieddesign
06-10-08, 12:32
Hope someones taking plenty of photo's. Sounds like a perfect magazine article to show the forum in a good light. Bit like the "Good will" engine project in the states where they got together and sorted a British bloke who got ripped off for a motor and gearbox from the states.

not a bad idea, a vw mag might be interested?

nealglover
06-10-08, 12:46
That's a great idea, not had any pics sent from Dazboi01 since the first lot a while back.
Hope you are taking plenty bud ?

Dongo
06-10-08, 13:07
Jungle's in very good hands -I had a very bad run-up to getting my van "amended" at Cordwallis and as a result pretty much turned up and then asked for more...

It's comforting to know there are some good souls left over (and they're mostly on here).

Really looking forward to the end result -someone must know a VW mag publisher?

Keep up the great work Dazboi & Pete Palmer Coachworks

reimoboy
06-10-08, 13:30
I understand from Daz that the van is up and running today!!

mrsdazboi01
06-10-08, 15:47
it would be a wonderful thing to do, put it into a magazine, but i think youll find there are those that would shout about doing wonderful things and those that would just do, as long as it gives all you guys a warm and fuzzy feeling then i think the old man and his company have done what they have set out to do

Stereo Steve
06-10-08, 17:40
its all about that feeling you get when its a good job done for the sake of it and nothing else. good karma is a nice thing that words just don't expain.
to be fair i well'd up and nearly shed a tear when i first heard about this and i thought i would like to help out .
as i have seen too much taking and not enough care given to or about others

well done baz ans the cordwallis boys T:

junglegusset2
06-10-08, 18:29
Daz and his crew have indeed got it running :D. A few final tweaks and checks and I should be diving it by this time next week. I am working on getting the van and it's story featured in the 'featured van' section of the forum as a more permanent and prominent monument to the work that has been done here, and goodwill, generosity and positivity that people on this forum (and the Cordwallis boys) are capable of. I have contacted Dave the Admin and he is up for it. I of course will take no gratitude since all I did was whinge and whine a bit!! Thanks now to Dave and Jimbo et al for running such a great forum and thereby making any of this a possibility in the first place. A:

Dazboi
07-10-08, 06:31
well hopefully neal has got a few more pics to put up, van should be off ramps today ready to go into palmers coachworks for the final phase

Dazboi
07-10-08, 14:42
right well, vehicle has left site for extended roadtest, we still have a few small items that need to sorted on the service, and there will be a couple of bits that unfortunatley i cant sort

ian will need a clutch at some stage, bites quite high but drives ok, and the rad fixings for the front grille are munted so you cant lock it in at one end, but it locks inot place and is secure, the engine starts and runs perfectly, so we'll wait for the results of the roadtest

also waiting for neal to put some more pics up

Dazboi
07-10-08, 15:31
not to mention ian will need to have it taxed too!

junglegusset2
07-10-08, 16:41
Good work Daz, I had a feeleing the clutch has not got much more life left in it but I am quite easy on clutches so we shall see how it goes. I have got a tax disc, just never got a chance to put it in whilst the van was at Satan's place. I shall bring it down with me (if there is anyone on here from the DVLA then I can assure you that it has been taxed constantly!!!!!! Check if you want!!!) I: :)

I am going to get my van back soon! H:H:H:H:H:H:H: T:T:T:

Dazboi
07-10-08, 16:46
well vehicle survived extended roadtest, cant find the pollen filter housing or the battery cover anywhere! not in van, filter part of service sorted, inspection to be completed in the morning, van so far running sweet.

t4lwbsteve down tomorrow to do his thang, then into bodyshop where i will be assisting palmers in some mopping and polishing, plus heat treating the front and rear bumpers (learnt that one off the forum!) and then final clean down and hopefully ready for the off!

veedubnut
07-10-08, 16:58
well vehicle survived extended roadtest, cant find the pollen filter housing or the battery cover anywhere! not in van, filter part of service sorted, inspection to be completed in the morning, van so far running sweet.

t4lwbsteve down tomorrow to do his thang, then into bodyshop where i will be assisting palmers in some mopping and polishing, plus heat treating the front and rear bumpers (learnt that one off the forum!) and then final clean down and hopefully ready for the off!

My van is also fooked Dazboi.
;)

paul ss
07-10-08, 17:59
;)

oi get in line am 2nd LOL: pusshing your way in LOL:

bravocorsa
07-10-08, 20:34
have followed this thread through and all I can say is top respect!!! :):):):ILU:

Dazboi
08-10-08, 06:27
;)

im afraid to ssy this one is strictly a one off, due to the amount of forum members that contacted me asking if we were in any position we could help, once this is done it will be back to sucking the blood out of people (dave i swear reckons all service manager are vampires!)

its been a good experience for my younger techs to work on a 1.9 engine, but honestly looking back it doesnt make good business sense really

im hoping mechanically we'll be finished totally today and then we can tidy up the exterior

Dave
08-10-08, 06:30
(dave i swear reckons all service manager are vampires!)

Bloody right too! :)

jane/rob&dennis
08-10-08, 08:16
Haven't you finished it yet? I:H:

When you see t4lwbsteve find out if he has an on line shop. When Jane lets me up grade our stereo there's only one place I want to go. Gotta support those who support us.

Rob

Dazboi
08-10-08, 09:37
steve has arrived and is trying to find somewhere to secure the drop down unit, apparently his website is currently under construction but he can be contacted by phone

Stereo Steve
08-10-08, 13:58
Hi have a info page more than an online shop
I am me myself and iLOL:
As a sole trader what i have done is set up a info page type internet addi.
(back to the van)
But i did this out of repect for an other forum member who put his balls on the line to help some one else out of a hole that they them selfs could not, and not as an avertising plan
what i did was out of my own pocket and what it cost me will stay there too.
even daz does not know .
If you do want advice on what is best suited i am happy to give you as much as i can
you can all contact me via p.m or by phone on 07788627766.
As a direct result of what has been done i feel great to have done my little bit for the well being of the forum and that of its member

reimoboy
08-10-08, 14:01
Nice one steve, well done A:

Seems like a very genuine gesture to me.

Now have you taken any decent pictures of Ian's finished van, we are all dying to see it I:

team french
08-10-08, 14:07
As a direct result of what has been done i feel great to have done my little bit for the well being of the forum and that of its member

thats a whole lot a good karma!T:T: it is a fantastic thing that both you and daz has done. the rewards for you will be plenty for you both im sure of it:D

jane/rob&dennis
08-10-08, 14:20
If you do want advice on what is best suited i am happy to give you as much as i can
you can all contact me via p.m or by phone on 07788627766.

Will put your details somewhere safe and when money allows or Jane's not lookingI: I'll give you a shout.

Rob

Dazboi
08-10-08, 15:58
well the dvd player is in, the vehicle drives very nicely indeed, just waiting for a slot in palmers to get the moppin and polishing done and then i can get the heat gun onto the bumpers to clean them up nicely, i dont think i ragged steves ear too much as ive been quite busy today with various things

Stereo Steve
08-10-08, 18:14
well was nice meeting you ,shame you was busy would have been nice to have a chat' well listenedI:
was very enjoyable nice to do something for the sake of doing it and not for having too LOL:
i feel warm inside now :ILU:

the Green Geko
08-10-08, 21:30
we need some pictures :blg:blg:blghsy:hsy::blg:blg:blg

this is so good what you guys have done A:A:A:A:A:A:

Dazboi
09-10-08, 06:07
i have texted some to neal, so im waiting for him to get them onto the thread, when vehicle cleaned down and mopped ill get some more pics sent, for the moment vehicle is slightly on back burner as need to catch up with some retail work

Dazboi
10-10-08, 06:43
things haved slowed slightly, we're under the cosh with a load of vehicles that need to get out, as far as the van goes weve got final checks and bodywork to sort so we're nearly there, i dont want to rush through the last parts as we obviously need it to be right, i havent seen owt of the new pics i sent to neal tho

amplifieddesign
10-10-08, 11:31
will get the vinyl in the post early next week!

cant wait to see pics!

Dazboi
11-10-08, 06:26
well its my saturday off today, i dragged myself out of bed at 6am, got the vehicle onto the wash and steamed her off, needs to be nice and clean ready for mop and polish etc on monday/tuesday, gonna have a play with heat treating the bumpers and giving the interior the once over, then im going fishing tomorrow!

Dazboi
11-10-08, 08:37
front bumpers done, sent more pics to neal who promises theyll be on this afternoon, so thats me done for today im gonna go and relax for a bit

T4 VIRGIN,
11-10-08, 11:24
dazz you deserve a day off mate,and if you dont catch anything give me a shout and i will post you one for your hard efforts LOL:,the way it is in life if you do something good you will get something good back in return,maybe you better take a big bag with you today as you may get a load,

the Green Geko
11-10-08, 14:55
well its my saturday off today, i dragged myself out of bed at 6am, got the vehicle onto the wash and steamed her off, needs to be nice and clean ready for mop and polish etc on monday/tuesday, gonna have a play with heat treating the bumpers and giving the interior the once over, then im going fishing tomorrow!

what do you mean by heat treating the bummers:confused: is this some little trick i don't know about

Dazboi
11-10-08, 15:00
dazz you deserve a day off mate,and if you dont catch anything give me a shout and i will post you one for your hard efforts LOL:,the way it is in life if you do something good you will get something good back in return,maybe you better take a big bag with you today as you may get a load,

well im hoping to catch a nice big carp

Dazboi
11-10-08, 15:01
what do you mean by heat treating the bummers:confused: is this some little trick i don't know about

i saw it on a thread on here and it works, all you do is gently heat the grey faded bumpers and they come all dark again, took me an hour or so to do the front and then i gave up

the Green Geko
11-10-08, 15:35
i saw it on a thread on here and it works, all you do is gently heat the grey faded bumpers and they come all dark again, took me an hour or so to do the front and then i gave up

ok cool what did you use to heat them up with, hair drier or heat gun. I guess you have to be quit even with the heat??

ahay!
11-10-08, 17:51
I think I'm right in saying :dunno:

That Daz...................

Doesn't.................

Use either, he just talks to them Rasp:LOL:

ahay!
11-10-08, 17:53
The rest of us mere mortals use a heat gun. CAREFULLY ;)

the Green Geko
11-10-08, 18:37
The rest of us mere mortals use a heat gun. CAREFULLY ;)

Carefully is what i was thinking T:

RAD
11-10-08, 19:54
Good work there Daz. Anyone else have the feeling he'll reach 3000 posts before this is up?

Stereo Steve
11-10-08, 22:11
oh yes , he is on the way. wonder what good will he will pass out then?
ian must think its all his xmas's come at onceLOL:
steve

T4 VIRGIN,
12-10-08, 07:55
ok cool what did you use to heat them up with, hair drier or heat gun. I guess you have to be quit even with the heat??

hair drier - i wish its been a longtime since i seen one of those

punkpig
12-10-08, 08:56
what a wonderful t4 world this is,,,you guys rock,,,such a great thing you guys are doing,,,,youll get it back ten fold,,,just read this thread from the start and i know im gonna have a good day,,,,,, keep up the good work,,, T:T:T:

Stereo Steve
12-10-08, 11:45
i think this may well be the forums longest thread:ILU:
lets not let it stop and keep it on page 1 so the karma is shared apon every one who reads it T:

nealglover
12-10-08, 11:49
Right, Sorry its been a while posting more pics, I have had a busy week !

The First lot are How it Started .......

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz4-1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz3-1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/daz2-1.jpg

Then on to the last Burst of Progress ....

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/001.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/0001.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/0.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/1-2.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/00.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/5-1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/3-1.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/6-1.jpg

And one From Daz's Sunday off work (good work Squire, you desreve a bit of time off !)

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/7-1.jpg

Dazboi
12-10-08, 15:37
oh yes , he is on the way. wonder what good will he will pass out then?
ian must think its all his xmas's come at onceLOL:
steve

1000th posts goodwill are a bit out for a little while im all dried up!

tu88ie
12-10-08, 15:51
hey hope it goes well just read this right thru and the extra bits hope it gets sorted fast and the guy gets wots comin to him that :c you over

may the force be with you

Dazboi
13-10-08, 07:26
well another monday is here, vehicle has gone up to the bodyshop now, so i need to wait on palmers then hopefully end of this week ian will be back in the van

Jurasik
13-10-08, 10:52
Superb. You da Man Daz.
Lots of kudos & Karma coming your (& your company's) way. :ILU::ILU::ILU:T:T:A:A:

Also, you have made over 300 posts since this started. :jd That's what I call dedicated! LOL:

Dazboi
13-10-08, 16:40
karma! broke a tooth over the weekend and had to go to the dentist, its gonna cost me over 500 to sort that! any forum dentists? bulk buy for root canal work?

T4 VIRGIN,
13-10-08, 16:46
karma! broke a tooth over the weekend and had to go to the dentist, its gonna cost me over 500 to sort that! any forum dentists? bulk buy for root canal work?

i will put 1 in the pot for your dental work if 499 other forum members will do the same??

junglegusset2
13-10-08, 16:50
The gods are definately with me on this, somebody at work (the cheif officer of Cheshire Probation to be precise) gave me the return half of a London to Liverpool/Liverpool to London train ticket today, that's going to save me a few quid when I come to collect my van. T: :D

I know Daz has pushed the boat out a bit to help me here and I am not sure that anyone quite realises how much. Thank you daz. T:

simplepsy
13-10-08, 16:50

I have a very fine grade file for glass... and Im sure someone could hook you up with some pain numbing stuff I dont know anything about, in the slightest. Honest Guv. I:

How hard can it be? (The work I mean, not your tooth enamel I: I: )

Actually, how about I chip in a 5ver? Does that sound more feasible?

junglegusset2
13-10-08, 16:54

Wish I could help you out with this Daz...but I am pretty sure you would be best not to let me loose on your teeth.

'Is it safe? Is it safe?'

amplifieddesign
13-10-08, 17:00
[QUOTE=junglegusset2;186313]The gods are definately with me on this, somebody at work (the cheif officer of Cheshire Probation to be precise) gave me the return half of a London to Liverpool/Liverpool to London train ticket today, that's going to save me a few quid when I come to collect my van. T: :D

ahh so your in the probation business ey, I work for the youth offending team, same line of work just with he young 'uns!

My sister is trainign to be a PO.
small world!

junglegusset2
13-10-08, 17:05
[QUOTE=junglegusset2;186313]The gods are definately with me on this, somebody at work (the cheif officer of Cheshire Probation to be precise) gave me the return half of a London to Liverpool/Liverpool to London train ticket today, that's going to save me a few quid when I come to collect my van. T: :D

ahh so your in the probation business ey, I work for the youth offending team, same line of work just with he young 'uns!

small world!

Small world but a lot of naughty people!!!! Couple of my friends are doing PO training at the mo. I'm just a bottom-feeder. Looking to get out and do something else soon. None of my careers ever last more than 3 years.

Dazboi
14-10-08, 06:24
well my mouth is starting to ease up after the dentist drilled a ruddy great hole in my tooth and took the nerve out, lots of pain but it will pass, as for donations, thanks guys but its cool, ill just sell of a kidney or something, as for the more important stuff, van will be ready for saturday morning, now that i can speak properly ill give ian a call and confirm details asap

Dazboi
14-10-08, 06:25

small world!

so wheres the graphics mate?

amplifieddesign
14-10-08, 14:57
[QUOTE=amplifieddesign;186326]

so wheres the graphics mate?

All digitised and ready to cut, just been speaking to jungle and sorting out details. Will send the vinyl to him as it sounds like you are busy busy bee at the moment! dont want to give you anything else to do!!!!

Dazboi
15-10-08, 09:13
well theyve started to clean up the bodywork, starting to look really good now

junglegusset2
15-10-08, 10:19
Brilliant!! Can't wait to see it and drive it now!

Dazboi
15-10-08, 10:21
im am hoping by tomorrow to be able to confirm collection of vehicle on saturday

nealglover
15-10-08, 10:34
Latest Pictures From The Workshop of Mr Daz :D

First ones from Yesterday.....

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/00000.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/000000.jpg

And one more from Today (shiny shiny !).....

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/0000000.jpg

Looking Very Nice Indeed A:A:A:A:A:A:A:

swaffs
15-10-08, 11:25
Daz, you have a PM. I hope to be able to assist.

Dazboi
15-10-08, 12:36
i think it would be great to get some professional pictures done when we're finished with this, the engine sounds very sweet and the outside is starting to look fantastice

Dazboi
15-10-08, 12:37
do you know what i think is missing?

alloy wheels, someone want to donate a decent set they may have laying around in their shed?

swaffs
15-10-08, 12:44
Daz, I got your PM I'll try and call later when I'm done with meetings.

Alloy wheels would be a nice touch. Can't help there I'm afraid.

Can we get some forum stickers on there before photos?

I'm gonna try the heatgun idea as well.

Dazboi
15-10-08, 12:45
heatgun good, too much heat bad, (burnt my fingers!) if one of the guys wants to send me a rear window forum sticker that would be great and ill whack it on

reimoboy
15-10-08, 13:18
if one of the guys wants to send me a rear window forum sticker that would be great and ill whack it on

Think I've got one the same as in your office window. I'll stick it in the post tonight, that be ok?

Dazboi
15-10-08, 13:36
wonderful thats a start, id like one of the www. ones as well if someone can send one of those too

Dazboi
16-10-08, 06:26
well going on current status, the van will be completed tomorrow pm, which means ian can come down saturday morning and collect, im hoping to have a photographer here to picture the moment, and then its a long drive back up to chester.......

Dazboi
16-10-08, 07:46
is anyone sure they dont have a nice set of alloys theyd like to donate, it would be a lovely finish to the van........

id sort the tyre swap over............

Dazboi
16-10-08, 07:53
sent neal a couple more pics of vehicle in prep lookin rather shiney

Paul Martin
16-10-08, 07:59
If you can't get a set of alloys, I'd suggest you consider spraying the steelies black and then getting a nice set of allow look hubcaps to go over the top. Sorry I can't offer anything myself I'm afraid.

Dazboi
16-10-08, 10:34
thanks for advice paul, hoping to get it out in the sunshine so i can see the full effect

reimoboy
16-10-08, 11:02
Sticker went in the post last night Daz, so should be with you tomorrow T:

Dazboi
16-10-08, 11:31
Sticker went in the post last night Daz, so should be with you tomorrow T:

thanks mate, the vans looking mint!

amplifieddesign
16-10-08, 11:52
Daz if you want any stickers doing for this one let me know, will be cutting his other stuff tonight. Sending to to jungle directly so wont be there for the photo shoot, but sure he will take some pics after to show.

cat

Dazboi
16-10-08, 14:43
right, just confirmed with ian he will be in maidenhead by around 2pm, ill collect him from station and get him in his van and away

nealglover
16-10-08, 17:19
Sorry for the Delay, Just Got in........

The van certainly is looking Mint Daz, good work by all ......

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/a.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/aa.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/aaa.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/aaaa.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/aaaaa.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/aaaaaaa.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w294/nealglover/aaaaaa.jpg

oddboy
16-10-08, 17:38
it looks alot better than when i saw it:cool:T:

FLIPPER
16-10-08, 18:10
Fair play Daz, Looks proper Mint.... Jungle :cool::cool: Enjoy T:

Big Bad Bear
16-10-08, 18:16
A:A:A:A:A:A:A: well done Darren and all the guys at Cordwallis and the spray shop, van looks mint now and bet Ian's over the moon at it running again now Top job :D

splitmike
16-10-08, 18:36
Well done Daz you and your team have job a great job its so refreshing to see sombody doing great things for people just because they can A:A:A:A:A: well done again the van looks like a shiney shiney thing looks like you wont have to buy a beer for a while great effort

Mike....A:T::D

mikey
16-10-08, 18:48
Nice one Daz, and i thought all you did was talk. catch up soon. T:
ps...get a van Rasp:

bigcat
16-10-08, 20:00
True to your word Daz A: Well done mate and to all the guys at Maidenhead T:

Conspiracy
16-10-08, 20:36
I reckon we all take our hats off to you fella and of course your team ;)

What a great gesture and a spot on transfromation A:

Mikes right, plenty of beer tokens with your name on :cheers

junglegusset2
16-10-08, 20:54
You wil certainly never need to buy a beer when your anywhere near me Daz, thank you so much, it looks amazing. How will I ever keep it that shiny??? A: A: :D :D

t4world
16-10-08, 20:55
Let me have a lookee see what alloys I might have knocking around......... :cool:

amplifieddesign
16-10-08, 21:58
a little something is in the post for you jungle!

junglegusset2
16-10-08, 22:38
a little something is in the post for you jungle!

I love it when people say that!

junglegusset2
16-10-08, 22:44
Daz, that old guy with the grey hair in the pics, does he come with the van? I:

Dazboi
17-10-08, 06:13
Daz, that old guy with the grey hair in the pics, does he come with the van? I:

fred LOL:LOL:LOL:

hes a great bloke works for palmers, hes way past retirement but u cant keep a good guy down, and he makes me a coffee whenever i go up to palmers for a visit top bloke!

Dazboi
17-10-08, 06:15
Let me have a lookee see what alloys I might have knocking around......... :cool:

if you find some and can get them down today i can get the tyre swap sorted mate

Dazboi
17-10-08, 06:16
You wil certainly never need to buy a beer when your anywhere near me Daz, thank you so much, it looks amazing. How will I ever keep it that shiny??? A: A: :D :D

a lot of hard work, polish and elbow grease!

jane/rob&dennis
17-10-08, 06:29
Well done Daz & Cordwallis, Palmers, Steve and Amps,

I've enjoyed getting being able to check up on progress every morning before starting work.

what am I going to follow now, I might have to work!

Load of great Karma,A:A:A:

Now, any chance of a kitchen rebuild using forum love? I:

Dazboi
17-10-08, 06:31
i want a forum dentist, its gonna cost more than an engine rebuild to rebuild 2 teeth and a visit to the hygenist!

Dazboi
17-10-08, 08:13
once ian drives out of the gate then we can all accept the plaudits, ive got a few thank yous to make

first to my bosses for their understanding and support
secondly to palmers bodyshop i know im a pain in the backside but like loreal im worth it
thirdly nealglover, my phone bill may be extremely high this month but the pics were worth it
fourthly to amplifieddesign, cat nice one for sorting the graphics!
fifthly t4lwbsteve, with me all the way with words of encouragement and the dvd player
sixthly to swaffs who will be down tomorrow morning to do some "proper" pics

and last but not least to the forum mods, again i know i am the proverbial pain but as ive proved, im definatley worth all the aggro, dont you think?

and thanks to all of you for keeping tabs on the progress, i hope youve enjoyed the post as much as ive enjoyed creating it

Dazboi
17-10-08, 09:16
and one last person i forgot....

keith saunders of ontime prestige vehicle deliveries for getting the van here in the first place

Rising Sun Campers
17-10-08, 10:42
Very nice gesture guys... good work
Nice to see some pics with the vinyl on

simplepsy
17-10-08, 11:11
i want a forum dentist, its gonna cost more than an engine rebuild to rebuild 2 teeth and a visit to the hygenist!

Dazboi my offer still stands! H:

Dazboi
18-10-08, 06:06
five past seven, im sure jungles already on the train, started the van up first thing, started like a dream, swaffs is coming down to do some proper photos, so the quest has come to an end

junglegusset2
18-10-08, 08:04
I've just boarded the london inter-city at Liverpool. Everything on-target this end.

amplifieddesign
18-10-08, 10:38
this is brilliant! how exciting!

Daz, never mate you but your a top bloke!!

cant wait to see the piccies!

Dazboi
18-10-08, 10:40
swaffs will be here to meet me with his camera and his family at 2pm so all is looking good so far....................

Dazboi
18-10-08, 10:40
this is brilliant! how exciting!

Daz, never mate you but your a top bloke!!

cant wait to see the piccies!

mate me? i like cats and all that lol

amplifieddesign
18-10-08, 10:45
mate me? i like cats and all that lol

doh! was watching tv at the same time as writing that!!

never >MET< you... lol

Dazboi
18-10-08, 10:46
LOL:LOL:doh! was watching tv at the same time as writing that!!

never >MET< you... lol

thought u were gettin frisky cat! LOL:LOL:

Dazboi
18-10-08, 15:22
well the photos have been taken and so has the van, its on its way back to chester

mikey
18-10-08, 16:30
A:A:A: Well done daz and crew a real good job , lets see some phoos T:

junglegusset2
18-10-08, 19:56
Well, the van and me are back in the North West. Van going like a dream, been taking easy though just to let everything bed in. Thanks again to everyone who has helped us out, especially Daz and the people he lives and works with. We never got round to naming our van and couldnt decide on anything so I have now named it Vicky after Daz's wife. Could have called it Daz but wanted something a bit more effeminate.

swaffs
18-10-08, 20:32
It was great meeting you both.
I'll get some photos up soon.........

swaffs
18-10-08, 22:24
OK guys,
I've sorted a few shots for you all, the van was looking mint! Glad I didn't turn up in mine!
I'd like to post larger images but the forum rules prevent it.
I'll put larger images up as links later.

Well done everyone involved in this heart warming job!A:

#1:Shame the sun wasn't out, but you can still see how clean it is!
http://www.swaffs.co.uk/images/2008/VWT4Forumimages/RS08VWT4-181008-0116-Edit.jpg

#2:And not just cleaned on one side... like I used to do with my dads car, then run with thew money!
http://www.swaffs.co.uk/images/2008/VWT4Forumimages/RS08VWT4-181008-0131-Edit.jpg

#3: new DVD player
http://www.swaffs.co.uk/images/2008/VWT4Forumimages/RS08VWT4-181008-0140-Edit.jpg

#4:Happy driver
http://www.swaffs.co.uk/images/2008/VWT4Forumimages/RS08VWT4-181008-0147-Edit.jpg

#5:You might need these first!
http://www.swaffs.co.uk/images/2008/VWT4Forumimages/RS08VWT4-181008-0149-Edit.jpg

#6:Time for the drive home, smiling all the way!:D. And Daz can go home and suffer from his cold.
http://www.swaffs.co.uk/images/2008/VWT4Forumimages/RS08VWT4-181008-0159-Edit.jpg

I hope the lads learned well from the work. I may be down for work at some time.

Rich Swaffs

Jurasik
18-10-08, 23:08
Verr nice. That is a tidy job.
Once again, max kudos to all those involved with this! T:T:T:

paul ss
19-10-08, 00:08
well done to all involved ,

enjoy it jungle as am sure you will do T:

BANANAVAN
19-10-08, 00:37
well thats just ACE!

the sun wasnt out ....................... so why the sunglasses LOL!!

HEY DAZ click this check it OWWWWWWWWWWT! ( Boselecta!) >>> https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6

really well done to everyone

the Milky Bars are on Jungle!!

Stereo Steve
19-10-08, 09:12
like how the colour coded shirt went well with the seat covers lolLOL:
i know how the man must feel just got my second t4 back together, i have some great mates that helped me as on a set of axle stands it took 3 of us to put the box back in :eek:
normally a mate of mine would have done it but due to him just becoming a dad a week ago he has been heading home straight away for the last month and not working week ends
but yes its great to get back what you take for granted because you miss it when it aint there.
so there you go ian back on the road hope you enjoy
p.s if you need to know how it all works or you are near northampton and want to stop of please just call me
oh and take the protective film of the screen T:
all the best steve

junglegusset2
19-10-08, 09:48
like how the colour coded shirt went well with the seat covers lolLOL:
i know how the man must feel just got my second t4 back together, i have some great mates that helped me as on a set of axle stands it took 3 of us to put the box back in :eek:
normally a mate of mine would have done it but due to him just becoming a dad a week ago he has been heading home straight away for the last month and not working week ends
but yes its great to get back what you take for granted because you miss it when it aint there.
so there you go ian back on the road hope you enjoy
p.s if you need to know how it all works or you are near northampton and want to stop of please just call me
oh and take the protective film of the screen T:
all the best steve

Steve, thanks for the DVD, looks great, gonna have a play with it today, if I get stuck I've got your number. Im just gonna spend the day cleaning the vans inside out a bit and occasionally I'll just turn the engine on and listen to it...Mmmmmm, working T4 :D

Dazboi
19-10-08, 09:54
fantastic pics, but u cud of left the one of me out mate, i look like death warmed up!

Dazboi
19-10-08, 09:55
well thats just ACE!

HEY DAZ click this check it OWWWWWWWWWWT! ( Boselecta!) >>> https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=6

the sun was out before swaffs turned up, i was in diguise!

t4world
19-10-08, 10:17
Neat little dvd player, which one is that?

Great pics, what a brilliant effort by all involved.............A:

Dazboi
19-10-08, 15:48
still feel like c:cp today

Stereo Steve
19-10-08, 19:01
Neat little dvd player, which one is that?

Great pics, what a brilliant effort by all involved.............A:

its one from connects2 from there beat range only a 7" not to big like some you7 can get, coupled to a veba dvd in the glove box.

regards steve

the Green Geko
19-10-08, 19:15
Great job by all involved, absolutely amazing gester Daz A:A:A:A:A:A:

Fatboy35
19-10-08, 20:47
A:T: Outstanding, well done all involvedT:A:

Stereo Steve
21-10-08, 18:07
bump can not have this on page 2 just yet LOL:

steve padda
21-10-08, 18:13
Hi Guys

A bit belated but a massive well done to all involved.
Restores your faith in your fellow man.

NICE ONE GUYS

A:A:A:A:A:A:

wayne-dj
21-10-08, 19:31
Congrats to all who was involved on this amazing story. Its been said before but i`ll say it again it really does restore your faith in human nature. Well done to eveyone.

Dazboi
22-10-08, 06:29
i think youll all agree swaffs pics are amazing

JWD
22-10-08, 07:26
Well done Daz!!

I think you have restored our faith in humanity and kindness.

Take a bow.T:

cheers

Justin

Brooster
22-10-08, 20:34
What an amazing effort.......... simply...... WOW

Dazboi
23-10-08, 06:16
well im pretty sure ians over the moon

pope
23-10-08, 12:06
ive watched this thread everyday since the start, all i can say is thank god there are still some genuine people out there! well done everybody, good karma all round:ILU::ILU::ILU:T:T:T:

junglegusset2
23-10-08, 18:24
well im pretty sure ians over the moon

Absolutely! The van drives like a dream now, better than it's ever been. :ILU:

Auto Tinter
23-10-08, 18:37
im not the star, my techs and my company are, i am just a bloke that could faclitate this training exercise, they deserve any plaudits when the vehicle is ready

Dont you mean the main man and top technician Kevin,knew you could not resist owning one eventuallT:y

Stereo Steve
23-10-08, 21:28
just to think how 1 post can change your perception of things as we believe them to be and how they truely are :ILU:

Dazboi
24-10-08, 06:16
Dont you mean the main man and top technician Kevin,knew you could not resist owning one eventuallT:y

wasnt kevin that rebuilt mate, hes been off after an eye operation, you forget ive got a few good techs you know

Dazboi
28-10-08, 17:14
bump......

LOL:LOL:LOL:

junglegusset2
29-10-08, 11:41
Went away at the weekend, van running really well, although I am afraid it is not quite as shiny as it was! My little 3 year old boy is over the moon with the dvd player. Now we don't have to listen to cbeebies theme tunes cd on perpetual repeat to keep him happy, just put Sooty an the dvd, stick the headphones on him, he's happy and I can maintain a level of sanity. T:

amplifieddesign
29-10-08, 12:11
Went away at the weekend, van running really well, although I am afraid it is not quite as shiny as it was! My little 3 year old boy is over the moon with the dvd player. Now we don't have to listen to cbeebies theme tunes cd on perpetual repeat to keep him happy, just put Sooty an the dvd, stick the headphones on him, he's happy and I can maintain a level of sanity. T:

were you down in wales at all? we saw a van that looked just like yours driving down pembs way.

junglegusset2
29-10-08, 22:02
HiCat, no weren't in Wales, went to peak district. Still waiting for a nice dry day to put your graphics on, might be a while but will defin itely post some pics then.

Tracktoy
30-10-08, 12:58
its posts like these that really make these forums worth while:)

I'm not sure how I've missed this story over the last few weeks but have just read through both posts and I'm very very impressed

daz has gone above and beyond to help a fellow member who has been ripped off by one of the many cowboys that give the motor trade a bad name- just goes to prove that there are still decent trustworthy garages out there doing an honest jobA:A:A:

there has been a lot of talk of good karma etc during this post and daz has mentioned that he cant advertise his services as he is not a registered trader-
i think daz should be given honorary traders status by the forum mods as a gesture for the work he has done,
this would help him recover some of the costs incurred while helping jungle out
it really wouldn't cost the board anything but may stop another fellow member from falling into the same situation again

well done all involvedT:T:T:

loud ed
31-10-08, 20:04
nice one dasA:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:A:

Dave
01-11-08, 05:56
there has been a lot of talk of good karma etc during this post and daz has mentioned that he cant advertise his services as he is not a registered trader-
i think daz should be given honorary traders status by the forum mods as a gesture for the work he has done,
this would help him recover some of the costs incurred while helping jungle out
it really wouldn't cost the board anything but may stop another fellow member from falling into the same situation again

well done all involvedT:T:T:

3dr, Please click the link:

well thats just ACE!

Ian really pleased that your mobile again! :)

Daz: Thanks and Good Work Fella :ILU:

Dazboi
01-11-08, 08:41
cheers to all for the positive comments......we try to make sure everyone gets a good service there is always one that ull never keep happy, with the support of the forum we hope to continue this positive relationship, and jungle, when your next service is due, maybe you ought to pop back?

have a great weekend guys

Desp Dan
01-11-08, 08:48
Top work there A: A: A:

Well done to Daz & His team & All T'others involved in this Great Project T:

junglegusset2
02-11-08, 22:31
Small problem when one of my dip headlights ceased to work. After some fiddling around it transpired just to be a loose connection. Van running better than when I first bought it A: :ILU:

Dazboi
03-11-08, 06:48
glad to hear all is good, things have calmed down alot here now, ive got proper work to do lol I:

may u get millions of happy miles from vicky

Dazboi
25-11-08, 06:32
Bump lol

apparently some have you have been away and missed the end results