Doorcard Question [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Doorcard Question

dollydaydream
27-09-08, 19:25
This may seem like a silly question, but how do I get my doorcards off the door ? The reason im asking is because when I lower the window (electric) it makes a bloody awful noise screeching and wailing !!!!!! was gonna have a looksee and see whats the problem, but I couldn't get the card off.

Also im have a nightmare deciding and wheels and suspension drops ! am I right in thinking that it is the load rating of the tyre that I should be looking for ? ...and do people think that these sellers on the bay are ok to use if you have a good load rated tyre wrapped around the wheel ??

syncro R
27-09-08, 20:10
remove locking stalk, then it's 4 screws- 3 under the door handle cover and one
grub screw by mirror. then the whole door card and pocket has to be lifted upwards
to detach from door. after this disconnect electrics etc. about 2 mins work.

good luck with your repair.

rich.

Thumbs
29-09-08, 14:12
This may seem like a silly question, but how do I get my doorcards off the door ? The reason im asking is because when I lower the window (electric) it makes a bloody awful noise screeching and wailing !!!!!! was gonna have a looksee and see whats the problem, but I couldn't get the card off.

Also im have a nightmare deciding and wheels and suspension drops ! am I right in thinking that it is the load rating of the tyre that I should be looking for ? ...and do people think that these sellers on the bay are ok to use if you have a good load rated tyre wrapped around the wheel ??

Did you solve the "screeching and whaling" ? Mine does exactly the same, it makes my teeth chatter every time I wind the window down H:

dollydaydream
07-10-08, 19:54
not yet was gonna tacle it this weekend all things permitting .....will keep you posted

oldskool
07-10-08, 20:36
If you have speakers in the door pockets you'll have take these out too, first unclip th cover, remove the speaker then remove the three screws holding the subframe on, this is what stumped me first time round!!!

Take care with your rim choice, the wheel itself needs to be rated to the correct weight for your intended use. Tyres - I'm pretty sure that as long as they are extra load they'll do the job!! (Although the cops have told me off for having the wrong weight rated tyre on my steelies as fitted and supplied by reputable tyre center!!!!!!)
Same with the springs.

I have a LWB velle which I use for work (designer and builder) i have have budget springs fitted but they cannot handle any weight at all - even when I load it back up with all the seats!

Do some searchs on the forum, there's loads of reading on here on these subjects

Good luck with all

craigthevan
11-11-08, 19:37
I had the screeching windows on my 1999 T4 2.4. I resolved it by removing the doorcards and spreading a little bit of grease on the vertical metal guide rail where the white plastic bit runs up and down on it. Very simple and effective.