Just picked up my first T4! Pretty happy! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Just picked up my first T4! Pretty happy!

llol_slim
02-10-08, 18:21
Just got back from picking up my T4. I am pretty happy with it, few things have come into question..
It has just had an MOT yet the horn doesnt work :confused:
There is a weired click click every 20secondish from the dash:dunno:
I'm wondering if it is actually a turbo..R:

So, yeah other than that, very excited.. apologies for the photos, it was dark an i only had my iphone on me.
It has actually got a ply-lined and carpeted interior which you cant really see, but I'll post more photos when I ask for some suggestions as to what can do to improve it.

The two requirements so far (ignoring the above problems) is
1. roof rack for surfboards
2. spray the front grills black again
3. Get the transporter badge for the rear and the correct TDI badge, if it is a turbo
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/8222/img0002ay3.jpg
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/2635/img0005he2.jpg
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4496/img0003er6.jpg

hendrix
02-10-08, 18:42
There is a weired click click every 20secondish from the dash:dunno:

Is that the rear windscreen wiper?

mikey
02-10-08, 18:54
Welcome to the forum T:

llol_slim
02-10-08, 19:25
Is that the rear windscreen wiper?

:D i hope not, how emabrassing that would be :D it could be, hadn't occured to me, thanks for the idea, i'll try it tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum T:

:ILU: thank you

Anyone have any views on the black/white grills? I'm thinking they look better black.

JIMMYJAMES
02-10-08, 19:26
Welcome from a fellow kite flyer!

reimoboy
02-10-08, 19:30
Anyone have any views on the black/white grills? I'm thinking they look better black.

...and there's me thinking about colour coding mine! Coded grill does make the van a little different from yout average builder van. I would keep it for the time being if I were you T:

kwosimodo
02-10-08, 19:33
If you want black, i'll swap you...i want white!

Also prefer it debaged at back, most do i think...... but you'll get a tdi badge for front on flea bay - Blue eye, silver eye, or red eye depending what spec you got.

llol_slim
02-10-08, 19:40
@reimoboy and kwosimodo
Fair points, I will photoshop it black tomorrow at work, and see how it looks then decide.

Now you say it like that, I'm not so sure I want to re-badge it... Definitey do want to correct TDI badge though.

Welcome from a fellow kite flyer!

woohoo another kiter! Thanks :ILU:

Paul Martin
02-10-08, 19:46
Welcome mate. Looks a nice van that. :cool:

Don't suppose the clicking is down to the heater valve is it? Not sure how the heater system operates on a T4 but on my BMW I had this clicking and found it to be the heater valve that cost just a few quid to replace but was a godsend after it was done.

PaulMela
02-10-08, 19:48
Nice van, but get ready to spend, spend, spend:D

llol_slim
02-10-08, 19:54
Welcome mate. Looks a nice van that. :cool:

Don't suppose the clicking is down to the heater valve is it? Not sure how the heater system operates on a T4 but on my BMW I had this clicking and found it to be the heater valve that cost just a few quid to replace but was a godsend after it was done.
Thanks, I'm thinking its pretty nice looking :D
ok thanks. The heater is working, could would it work it if was the valve? (I know nothing about the workings or vans or cars)

Nice van, but get ready to spend, spend, spend:D

thanks, we already have a list as long as my arm I:

bigcat
02-10-08, 20:08
Pretty certain hendrix has it with rear wiper "click".

If you need a "blue I" tdi badge in good nick i'll post you one if you PM me your address. But first make sure you know which engine you have, it 'd be real easy to get it wrong !

llol_slim
02-10-08, 20:10
Pretty certain hendrix has it with rear wiper "click".

If you need a "blue I" tdi badge in good nick i'll post you one if you PM me your address. But first make sure you know which engine you have, it 'd be real easy to get it wrong !

wow, ok thank you very much. I'll check tomorrow then. SO much stuff to do tomorrow!!!

Also, we noticed that actually it doesnt look like it has been ply-lined, just carpet screwed to the walls... Although the floor definitely is. Screw driver at the ready!

Daz in Guz
02-10-08, 20:13
Welcome to the forum

I like the colour coded grill - it does look different! Might do it to mine?

I have a roof rack up for grabs and I work in Exmouth too!

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc337/DazinGuz/t4roofbars.jpg

Make me an offer if you want it and I can take it to work for you?

Enjoy exploring the Forum

Daz

:ILU::D:ILU:

llol_slim
02-10-08, 20:16
Welcome to the forum

I like the colour coded grill - it does look different! Might do it to mine?

I have a roof rack up for grabs and I work in Exmouth too!

Make me an offer if you want it and I can take it to work for you?

Enjoy exploring the Forum

Daz

:ILU::D:ILU:
Yeah, to be honest the cc grill is growing on me (sorry people who wanted to swap)
thank you for the offer, to keep the thread from keep getting bumped, I'll pm you :)

malla1962
02-10-08, 21:27
Welcome from a fellow kite flyer!Im not in to flying kites but I do love to take pics of then:D heres some from the BKSA at barrow.
http://malcolmsphotos.fotopic.net/c1527336.html

kwosimodo
02-10-08, 21:48
Get down to the team white posts and you'll see a load ofpics thatmay give you some ideas, including black or white grill. under post your t4

big bazza
03-10-08, 19:05
i think the grills definately look better black ,they break the colour up a bit

JIMMYJAMES
03-10-08, 19:27
Black de badged grill with chrome edgeing is a winner for a touch of class, thats what i'm going for when the important stuff is done.

phil5556
04-10-08, 16:01
Im not in to flying kites but I do love to take pics of then:D heres some from the BKSA at barrow.
http://malcolmsphotos.fotopic.net/c1527336.html

Thanks that's just reminded me that we didn't manage to get out on possibly the last weekend we could of this year :(:(

Must get a dry suit for my GF then maybe we'll be able to go in the cold :eek:

The wiper click is a common thing... a lot of rear wipers seem to be broken and accidentally pushing the button will leave it clicking away :) You won't be the first...!

There's a kind of 'pop' from the heater recirculation (only works with engine running) valve. Push the recirc button and listen carefully. If you have it pressed it will pop when you first start up and as you switch off T:

llol_slim
04-10-08, 17:29
The wiper click is a common thing... a lot of rear wipers seem to be broken and accidentally pushing the button will leave it clicking away :) You won't be the first...!

thanks, tha's what is was .. the windscreen wipers work, but it is when I hit the button .. what is it for? I dont have a manual :(

cheers

Treeeev
04-10-08, 18:20
I didn't have the user manuals either, but found that you can download some from this site http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/VehicleSpecific/T4/Manuals/manuals.htm

They are large PDF files and take a little while to download (and even longer to print). Happy reading T:

llol_slim
04-10-08, 18:25
I didn't have the user manuals either, but found that you can download some from this site http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/VehicleSpecific/T4/Manuals/manuals.htm

They are large PDF files and take a little while to download (and even longer to print). Happy reading T:

lovely thank you very much:ILU:

edit: The dash in the manual is newer than ours, we have clock on the right hand side and no rev counter :(

scott337
05-10-08, 15:41
Nice looking van you have there I will keep an eye out for you in Honiton.

llol_slim
05-10-08, 15:43
Nice looking van you have there I will keep an eye out for you in Honiton.

thanks :) I must admit, I've never seen your van.. I'll keep an eye out for it.
I was thinking we could do a devon meet in the cattle market carpark .. show the boy racers what a real machine looks like :D

edit: Just took my non-working horn off, gave it a bash on the floor reconnected and now it's working :D:D
So now I've fitted a stereo and fixed my horn .. nearly a mechanic ;)

golddust
05-10-08, 16:01
I was thinking we could do a devon meet in the cattle market carpark .. show the boy racers what a real machine looks like :D

Check the regional forum in the general section, we have a regional "Exeter & surrounding area" meet each month at Bickleigh (between Tiverton & Exeter).

llol_slim
05-10-08, 16:03
Check the regional forum in the general section, we have a regional "Exeter & surrounding area" meet each month at Bickleigh (between Tiverton & Exeter).

cheers, yeah thats what was making me think of the carpark, thought it would be quite cool to have a meet in honiton, fill the carpark with T4s drive the boy racers out LOL: