Van Heater (Portable) Gas? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Van Heater (Portable) Gas?

T4Tasty
09-10-08, 11:31
Can you recommend the best heaters (portable) for inside tents and camper vans that won't light my sleeping bags :) :confused:

I'm assuming Gas better than electric?? :confused:

itsaminibus
09-10-08, 11:34
gas will give you condensation problems as well as using up the oxygen in the van. Thats how caravan/motorhome heating is blown air with a heat exchanger.

reimoboy
09-10-08, 11:34
You can't really use a portable gas heater in your van because of the carbon monoxide produced by the the gas when it burns .:(

You could get a fixed gas or diesel heating system that is vented externally.

jane/rob&dennis
09-10-08, 11:51
Or a thicker sleeping bag/duvet. Wooly hat, gloves, bed socks.

See Simon always helping where I can Rasp:

reimoboy
09-10-08, 11:53
Yes, yes Rob very helpful :rolleyes:

We use an electric fan heater when we have hook up T:

T4Tasty
09-10-08, 12:15
Yes, yes Rob very helpful :rolleyes:

We use an electric fan heater when we have hook up T:

ah cool! is it any good? any fire risks? where do you place it? Also any pics or links....

OK please recommend electric fan heaters instead!T:

David
09-10-08, 13:14
Used to use a fan heater but they're a bit noisy when sleeping. Now use a halogen heater (got it from just campers) runs off the mains when on sites and has switch at the bottom which switches it off it it gets knocked over. Works well but obviously no use if no 240v hookup available.

if you did go down the fan heater route it might be worth getting a kitchen kick panel heater which are desinged to be set into cabinets. alternately you can get ones designed for green houses which have a built in thermostat so turn off and on when the temp drops.

fireengine
09-10-08, 13:39
I used this one, when my eberspacher was bust. Its thermostatic so you have reasonable control. Not that noisy either if you place it away from you self as far as possible. I asked John lewis to give gave me a demonstration of all of their options just so i could pick the quietest. Cheap too but well built.

http://www.johnlewis.com/230214543/Product.aspx

Desp Dan
09-10-08, 16:28
Use an Oil filled radiator when we have hook up T:
Thermstatically controlled & works a treat.
About 20 from B&Q or similar vendors of DIY goods.
Has warmed the Van to 15C inside when it was -4C outside T: T: T:
Twas on full blast tho ;)

scott337
09-10-08, 16:42
Use an Oil filled radiator when we have hook up T:
Thermstatically controlled & works a treat.
About 20 from B&Q or similar vendors of DIY goods.
Has warmed the Van to 15C inside when it was -4C outside T: T: T:
Twas on full blast tho ;)

Small oil filled radiator.

These are very good and fire safe!

Thermostatically controlled.

Can only be used when on hooked up.

Not very expensive.

Rob
Im with these two on this, small oil filled Radiator when on hook up, or fill myself up with JD when not on hook upLOL:

T4Tasty
09-10-08, 16:44
Im with these two on this small oil filled Radiator when on hook, or fill myself up with JD when not on hook upLOL:

cool....any links to the exact ones you guys bought?T:

PaulMela
09-10-08, 16:57
Used to use a fan heater but they're a bit noisy when sleeping. Now use a halogen heater (got it from just campers) runs off the mains when on sites and has switch at the bottom which switches it off it it gets knocked over. Works well but obviously no use if no 240v hookup available.

Did you geet yours at Octoberfest for the bargain 14.95 and get one free???

scott337
09-10-08, 17:43
cool....any links to the exact ones you guys bought?T:
something like this clicky (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4150327/c_1/1%7Ccat_10197552%7CHeaters%2Band%2Bcoolers%7C10197 884/Trail/searchtext%3ERADIATOR.htm)

Daaisy
12-11-08, 09:13
i was wondering about gas heaters too..............especially when hook up isn't an option

I've found a Camping gaz Blue Cat

http://www.camping-online.co.uk/Sunngas-and-Hi_gear-Stoves,-Lanterns-and-Heaters/CAMPING-GAZ-BLUECAT-HEATER.html

and a Coleman black Cat

http://www.campingandleisure.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1118

Both are supposed to be safe for indoor use

I'm just wondering if anyone on here uses either and if so what their opinions of them are

I was thinking that the coleman may be more economical over the longterm as camping gaz is more expensive to buy............

But camping gaz is more readily available abroad ( i think ?)

Is it possible to buy coleman gas canisters if you are abroad ???

Cheers

Daaisy:ILU:

mikey
12-11-08, 09:25
We use oil filled rad with thermastat when hooked up, when not hooked up hot water bottle and nice duvet T:

scott337
12-11-08, 09:33
i was wondering about gas heaters too..............especially when hook up isn't an option

I've found a Camping gaz Blue Cat

http://www.camping-online.co.uk/Sunngas-and-Hi_gear-Stoves,-Lanterns-and-Heaters/CAMPING-GAZ-BLUECAT-HEATER.html

and a Coleman black Cat

http://www.campingandleisure.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1118

I'm just wondering if anyone on here uses either and if so what their opinions of them are

I was thinking that the coleman may be more economical over the longterm as camping gaz is more expensive to buy............

But camping gaz is more readily available abroad ( i think ?)

Is it possible to buy coleman gas canisters if you are abroad ???

Cheers

I had the blue cat campinggaz one, took it back because it leaked and I didnt feel it was safe.Only used it in the awning not in van, Have 12volt leccie blanket and thick duvet when not on hook up
Cheers Scott

reimoboy
12-11-08, 09:44
Daaisy, they may be suitable for indoor use but I personnally would not be happy using a gas heater in the confines of a van without adequate ventilation :(

Si :)

David
12-11-08, 10:19

Cheers

Most say they're OK for indoors, but when you read the small print they say to use in a well ventialted space. Seems to defeat the object of a heater if you've got to leave a window open.

I use an electric heater where possible, otherwise got an attatchment which goes onto the gas ring, don't leave it on for long and reckon it can be no worse than boiling a kettle or heating some food on the gas. but would never use for more than 5 - 10 mins, just enough time to get sorted and under the covers

T4Tasty
12-11-08, 13:54
We use oil filled rad with thermastat when hooked up, when not hooked up hot water bottle and nice duvet T:

can you send me a link to the oil filled rad you'd recommend?

Brad

PS Sorry if this is stupid question but do you have to refuill the oil at any point?

Mad Aly
12-11-08, 15:15
LOL:LOL:LOL: sorry you had me nearly in tears here no you do not need to fill up with any oil take a look at this link to Argos.
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&searchTerms=oil+filled+radiator&Submit=GO+%3E

Daissy please be very Careful if you decide to use gas canisters, was at Vanfest last year and a chap was changing one in his Van next to me a Whoosh his awning himself was burnt etc and if it wasnt for the quick thinking of fellow campers with their Fire Extinguisher I dread to think what would've have happened . I know most of the time they are safe but I would never use one let alone one inside a tent, awning or van.

Aly ;)

T4Tasty
12-11-08, 15:19
LOL:LOL:LOL: sorry you had me nearly in tears here no you do not need to fill up with any oil take a look at this link to Argos.
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001151&langId=-1&searchTerms=oil+filled+radiator&Submit=GO+%3E

Daissy please be very Careful if you decide to you gas canisters, was at Vanfest last year and a chap was changing one in his Van next to me a Whoosh his awning himself was burnt etc and if it was for the quick thinking of fellow campers with their fire extinsers dread to think what would have happened . I know most of the time they are safe but I wouls never use one let alone one inside a tent, awning or van.

Aly ;)

Glad I put a smile on your face! which size/wattage did you go for? don't want somthing thats huge and takes all the space but also don't want something piddly that knocks out next to no heat.....

Is yours used in the van or awning only? Are these guaranteed safe for vans/awnings? Do they create bad build up of condensation? Sorry for all the questions!

Brad

scott337
12-11-08, 15:29
Glad I put a smile on your face! which size/wattage did you go for? don't want somthing thats huge and takes all the space but also don't want something piddly that knocks out next to no heat.....

Is yours used in the van or awning only? Are these guaranteed safe for vans/awnings? Do they create bad build up of condensation? Sorry for all the questions!

Brad
Brad this one is very similar to the one I use http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4150327/Trail/searchtext%3EOIL+FILLED+RADIATOR.htm
I have been using it for about 4years now with no problems. Dont go to powerfull as you might trip out the campsite electrics especially abroad.
I use mine in the van and it sits between the two captain seats. I havnt noticed any extra condensation than normal when using them but you will get some.
hope this helps

Mad Aly
12-11-08, 15:33
Brad I have a 2kw which I use in my Caravan to keep the damp off over the winter left on low and with a Thermostat does the trick.

You can buy these at much cheaper prices though so have a look around and if you get one get one with a thermostat.

Aly T:

paul ss
12-11-08, 15:37
not sure if been mentioned but you can get fan heather's which warm things up quick but only any good if your hooked up as they use loads of battry power .

you can also get real thin one's that are about 1" thick that are oil heating and very good T:

Mad Aly
12-11-08, 15:39
This looks a good one and the reviews are good . Mine is simular to this one in size.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4150475/Trail/searchtext%3EOIL+FILLED+RADIATOR.htm

AlyT:

BANANAVAN
12-11-08, 15:45
erm why not get somone in the sleeping bag with you? if its really cold thenyou can always............

charliedharma
12-11-08, 15:53
I have a leisure battery and inverter ,if i used one of these oil filled radiators ,would my 80 amp battery be able run one ,would not want to run it all night.Im completely ignorant on electrics,by the way. thanks

steve2205
12-11-08, 15:56
i found that a delongi fan heater fitted exactly under passenger captains seat pointing to rear did the trick, very neat looking

T4Tasty
12-11-08, 16:01
i found that a delongi fan heater fitted exactly under passenger captains seat pointing to rear did the trick, very neat looking

Pics? Link to fan heater? H:

T4Tasty
12-11-08, 16:04
erm why not get somone in the sleeping bag with you? if its really cold thenyou can always............

True...but when it's my dad I'm going away with for a photography trip then maybe not such a good idea?!! :eek::jd

bigcat
12-11-08, 17:43
Small electric oil filled jobbies are great with a hook up.

Best investment for winter camping ?.....................Hot water bottle (s) T:

Desp Dan
12-11-08, 17:49
Small electric oil filled jobbies are great with a hook up.

Best investment for winter camping ?.....................Hot water bottle (s) T:

SNAP Dave T: T:

He's not wrong :D

Daaisy
13-11-08, 08:17

I wish ..............lol !!!

Altho my daughter Nia does work very well as a hot water bottle :D

Thanks for all the other comments too:ILU:

Perhaps i should have explained my self a bit better

What i am looking for is something to warm up the van in the day when i'm in it and awake........ not camping and asleep!!!

As an impoverished student with kids it needs to be cheap ish but safe and effective

I do hope to get a permanent solution in the longterm but i need a short term solution for now

I have insulated the van ( Thanks Ben for everything:ILU:)

I am hoping to go off for the day now and then and use the van as a place to study

( its my last year in uni and find it difficult to get much peace at home )

i have already got the thermals and hot water bottles and blankets

So guys any other thoughts ???

Cheers

Daaisy

muddyhell
13-11-08, 08:30
For the rath of everyone shouting at me ..:(

I use one of these..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/portable-gas-heater_W0QQitemZ260313797533QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em260313797533&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1296%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

It sits on the worktop well away from anything with the 2 front windows cracked open to the wind deflectors level...i always light it outside, change cylinders outside and run it on minimum..

I personally have had no problems using one, as i have said before would never ever sleep with one burning :eek:

Its great for just keeping the van toasty when sat in it on a cold day or pre warming the van before kip time..

T:

greencaravelleguy
13-11-08, 09:41
Coleman Black Cat heater pretty good about 30 and last a long time on a gas canister, but wouldn't leave it on whilst sleeping.

Daaisy
13-11-08, 11:16
Coleman Black Cat heater pretty good about 30 and last a long time on a gas canister, but wouldn't leave it on whilst sleeping.

Do you kow what the difference is between the coleman black cat and the blue cat as i have been warned by one of the members that he had problems with a blue cat ????

Cheers
:ILU:
Daaisy

Daaisy
13-11-08, 11:21
For the rath of everyone shouting at me ..:(

I use one of these..
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/portable-gas-heater_W0QQitemZ260313797533QQcmdZViewItem?hash=it em260313797533&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1296%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

It sits on the worktop well away from anything with the 2 front windows cracked open to the wind deflectors level...i always light it outside, change cylinders outside and run it on minimum..

I personally have had no problems using one, as i have said before would never ever sleep with one burning :eek:

Its great for just keeping the van toasty when sat in it on a cold day or pre warming the van before kip time..

T:

Thanks Muddy:ILU:

There are a few of those i was looking at..................

sounds like you use yours the same way as i intend to ( safely and cautiously !!!)

I have the wind deflectors already too.

Glad to know it works for you

That is really helpful

out of interest approx how long does a canister last if you run it on minimum ???

Cheers

stridey
13-11-08, 12:51
As I dont know you and you dont know me, perhaps I can do some shouting....in a nice way?

The whole point about having SAFE heating is that you will be DEAD before you can do anything about it if your using an unsafe system.

Evidently its a 'nice' way to go. You drift off before you know it....

This rubbish about 'leaving it on for a few minutes'..... is just awful to read. You only need to get it wrong ONCE. Your dead. Or your kids. I'm serious.

Do you remember the kids that died in Spain, or was it Portugal. We used to hear of students dieing EVERY year....

I dont know you, but what I do know is that I dont want see a post saying 'whatever happened to Daisy'.:eek:

This may seem harsh, but to be honest sometimes people NEED to be told. And told in the strongest way possible. Dont do it!!!

ahay!
13-11-08, 13:26
Some of these (http://www.sourcing4u.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=30&ref=googlead3&kw=hand%20warmers&gclid=CLH4y9mp8pYCFQECGgodCmLKXQ) T:

One of these (http://www.cn-ice.com/car-coolerheater-p-91.html?gclid=CK_t6Iqq8pYCFQ60HgodrFh9Xg) they are useless by the way, and you can get them cheaper on the bay, but at least the are safe :(

A selection from here (http://www.powerletproducts.com/shop-by-product/heated-clothing/HEATCLTHNG?gclid=CPHGycKq8pYCFQECGgodCmLKXQ) very suitable for an impoverished student :no

Your choice from here (http://adwords.thermal-underwearshop.com/?gclid=CKmG2ber8pYCFQu-GgodGgvEZA) Y:

And if all else fails, one of these (http://www.woolyhats.com/knitted-thinsulate-ski-hat-p-62.html) very reasonable priced Y:

Helping people make me feel all warm inside LOL: another unexpected solution :confused:

wind welder
13-11-08, 13:40
As I dont know you and you dont know me, perhaps I can do some shouting....in a nice way?

The whole point about having SAFE heating is that you will be DEAD before you can do anything about it if your using an unsafe system.

This rubbish about 'leaving it on for a few minutes'..... is just awful to read. You only need to get it wrong ONCE. Your dead. Or your kids. I'm serious.

Do you remember the kids that died in Spain, or was it Portugal. We used to hear of students dieing EVERY year....

I dont know you, but what I do know is that I dont want see a post saying 'whatever happened to Daisy'.:eek:

This may seem harsh, but to be honest sometimes people NEED to be told. And told in the strongest way possible. Dont do it!!!

Hear Hear! The voice of sense and reason!

Having lost two people I knew to deliberate carbon monoxide poisoning (car exhaust/hose pipe)

DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if you want to get it from the "EXPERTS" just drop in to any fire station, explain what you intend doing with an exposed flame gas fire and watch the face of whoever you are explaining it to!:eek:

If you intend using gas as a fuel, use a propex heater (all the combustion products are exhausted into the external atmosphere.

They are expensive I know, but it's impossible to get warm in a coffin! whatever the heater, until they cremate you that is!

If you want to fuel it by diesel get a Eberspacher/webasto/mikuni heater.

If you intend hooking up any of the electric options in the previous posts!

NEVER NEVER an exposed flame gas fire, as it gets warmer you get more comfortable, (especially after the odd JD or whatever your tipple is) you then get sleepier, (that's partially the heat, partially the carbon monoxide) doze off,heater still on brown bread!

Remember kids have a much lower tolerance to cabon monoxide, they DIE first!

Trev.

BANANAVAN
13-11-08, 14:30
Remember kids have a much lower tolerance to cabon monoxide, they DIE first!

Trev.

yeah best not use a kid as and early warning system!

much better to GET a http://www.upatsix.com/faq/images/canary.jpg

or save up and get proper heaters propex or eberspacher! or .a Wabesto ....... wink wink ! i have a 3.2kw one!!!!! just got to check its working then its for sale!

"buy cheap ............ die " simple! T: " buy cheap buy twice " N/A here ! LOL!

Harisa
13-11-08, 14:46
We use a small ceramic fan heater to warm up quickly from cold and then when nice and warm swith off the fan heater and leave the oil filled radiator on which by then is ready to keep the van warm all day and all night safley.
As said in a previous post, dont do the gas heater job. Even if your awake you would be surprised how easily the combustion products can hit you. :)

stridey
13-11-08, 15:03
As for prices (I am a realist).

3 years ago I bought a Propex for 145 including postage on Ebay.

I sold it last weekend for 211 plus postage on Ebay

I used it for 3 years. Its great. In fact they are lovely. Even with the door open at events you can have it running and its liek the T4 equivelent of a patio heater! I showed it off at the Ace cafe one evening, and I loved showing off that you could stand by the door and feel the warmth....toasty! Also defristed the van in Lincolnshire one morning, every car in the carpark was DEEPLY covered. After breakfast my van was clear, warm and drivable. ha!
(and Id slept in the night before)

So initial outlay may be high, but will likely cost you very little in the long run.

Yes, I do know that circa 200 is not easy to come by, but this will not be going down the drain. You will recoup. The same aplies to Webastos and Eberspachers, they hold value around the 200 mark.

Sometimes they come up as 'caravan or van heaters', sometimes in local papers. Sometimes people spell the listing wrong. It may even be worth seeing if Propex have re-furbs.

reimoboy
13-11-08, 15:08
Daaisy, You may wish to give this a read R: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_monoxide_poisoning

Daaisy
13-11-08, 16:48

Its okay for you to shout stridey i feel like i know you anyway as i've seen the blue peter video :ILU:

This is exactly why i have asked for peoples advice.............

no way would i have entertained the thought of running a gas heater overnight, but
I wasn't sure whether running a heater in the day for half an hour or so to warm up the van with the windows slightly open would have been okay but wasn't about to try it wthout checking first

it is okay to make a cup of tea tho isn't it ? as it is only on for a few minutes??

Cheers

Daaisy

Daaisy
13-11-08, 16:54
Some of these (http://www.sourcing4u.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=30&ref=googlead3&kw=hand%20warmers&gclid=CLH4y9mp8pYCFQECGgodCmLKXQ) T:

One of these (http://www.cn-ice.com/car-coolerheater-p-91.html?gclid=CK_t6Iqq8pYCFQ60HgodrFh9Xg) they are useless by the way, and you can get them cheaper on the bay, but at least the are safe :(

A selection from here (http://www.powerletproducts.com/shop-by-product/heated-clothing/HEATCLTHNG?gclid=CPHGycKq8pYCFQECGgodCmLKXQ) very suitable for an impoverished student :no

Your choice from here (http://adwords.thermal-underwearshop.com/?gclid=CKmG2ber8pYCFQu-GgodGgvEZA) Y:

And if all else fails, one of these (http://www.woolyhats.com/knitted-thinsulate-ski-hat-p-62.html) very reasonable priced Y:

Helping people make me feel all warm inside LOL: another unexpected solution :confused:

Thanks Ahay.............

.i nearly choked on my cup of tea with the last one as i have spent the best part of the day sat in my shed making stuff in clay with my little oil filled heater for company and my fleecy hat on which i haven't yet taken off............ its particularly loud pink with a very large pom pom on too................. very fetching!!!!

Daaisy

LOL:LOL:LOL:

Daaisy
13-11-08, 16:57
As for prices (I am a realist).

3 years ago I bought a Propex for 145 including postage on Ebay.

I sold it last weekend for 211 plus postage on Ebay

I used it for 3 years. Its great. In fact they are lovely. Even with the door open at events you can have it running and its liek the T4 equivelent of a patio heater! I showed it off at the Ace cafe one evening, and I loved showing off that you could stand by the door and feel the warmth....toasty! Also defristed the van in Lincolnshire one morning, every car in the carpark was DEEPLY covered. After breakfast my van was clear, warm and drivable. ha!
(and Id slept in the night before)

So initial outlay may be high, but will likely cost you very little in the long run.

Yes, I do know that circa 200 is not easy to come by, but this will not be going down the drain. You will recoup. The same aplies to Webastos and Eberspachers, they hold value around the 200 mark.

Sometimes they come up as 'caravan or van heaters', sometimes in local papers. Sometimes people spell the listing wrong. It may even be worth seeing if Propex have re-furbs.

As i said i do want a permanent solution but will have to wait a bit first. Any idea of what i would have to pay to get one of these fitted Stridey???

Cheers

stridey
13-11-08, 20:56
fitting...no idea. Did it myself.

Ive seen the argument about people boiling kettles on flames....But thats different.

The problem as I see it is its too tempting to 'just have it on to take the edge off'....

Tempting. Too tempting.

so its cold...you put heater on. it makes you tired. You drift off. You dont wake up.

Fact is you have kids....you make them wear seatbelts, they dont choose. By using that method to heat your van you are in effect taking their lives in your hands.

And yes, it is meant to scare you as using one of those heaters even for a minute is not safe. Its just NOT safe.

I'll race down a hill on a skateboard, but I dont strap a kid to my back! (did that sound wrong!)

muddyhell
13-11-08, 20:58
Fine...sorry for giving all the wrong advice...I'll shut up and get my coat!!!!

BYE BYE!!

scott337
13-11-08, 21:01
Fine...sorry for giving all the wrong advice...I'll shut up and get my coat!!!!

BYE BYE!!
Crikey you are gonna shut up, thats got to be a first Rasp:Rasp:LOL:

Daaisy
13-11-08, 23:35
Thanks guys for all your words of advice and warnings.

i have taken them on board

However...........

I think i may have come up with a solution................

i'm going to find myself a nice warm library to sit in and do my studying!!!

Cheers

ahay!
14-11-08, 11:21
................i'm going to find myself a nice warm library to sit in and do my studying!!!

Cheers

Now you're just being silly!
You are never going to get a library in the back of your van, not even a LWB :no

bigcat
15-11-08, 19:05
Now you're just being silly!
You are never going to get a library in the back of your van, not even a LWB :no

Dunno, paperbacks, no large print......................................I:

Daaisy
15-11-08, 21:43
keep up guys...........I:

just found another post with details of an 12v electric blanket:D:D:D

Ahay............. i'm surprised you missed it lolI:I:I:

altho you could end up with a flat battery after 3 hours.......................

but not any moreA:A:

cos Scott has just told me that you can get a battery saving/ cut out device thingy from maplins ....... wahay H:H:H:

so all i need now is a way to keep warm after the blanket is switched off I:I:I:

DaaisyI:I:I:

nitedana
17-11-08, 07:10
Small 500W oil-filled radiators are in B&Q for 12.99 at the moment.

T4Tasty
17-11-08, 08:14
Small 500W oil-filled radiators are in B&Q for 12.99 at the moment.

went for a 1.5 delonghi from argos 39.99 in the end.....T:

iwcs
17-11-08, 22:34
I have a leisure battery and inverter ,if i used one of these oil filled radiators ,would my 80 amp battery be able run one ,would not want to run it all night.Im completely ignorant on electrics,by the way. thanks

Does anybody have the answer to the above?..... Could be ideal for me

Cheers

Phoenixsp1
18-11-08, 12:06
Does anybody have the answer to the above?..... Could be ideal for me

Cheers

It won't work, you'd completely flatten the battery in less than an hour and you might even manage to destroy it completely.

Zappally
18-11-08, 13:18
And on a side note, anyone using gas in the van should really have a carbon monoxide alarm fitted aswll.

I've got one of the electric fan heaters for when on hookup, digital thermostat, you set the temp & it does the rest. It even has a movement sensor & switchs off if it tips over. As for when no hookup, me, the wife, two kids & two dogs, big duvet = roasty toasty! T: