Pollen Filter Cover [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Pollen Filter Cover

The Dodd
09-10-08, 12:25
Having put up with the hot engine smell in my cab for long enough I did a few searches on here and quickly realised that I'm missing my pollen filter cover, and this maybe one of the reasons for the smell.

My van is a 2003 2.5 tdi (102). Where is the best place to get a cover from? Is it a main dealer type of item only? What sort of price am I looking at?

Also would a pollen filter cover from any other van fit? I notice there are a couple being broken on the for sale threads.

Hopefully this will sort the smell out, if not I'll go back to the drawing board

Van'Cooke
09-10-08, 19:03
I had that problem. god does it make a differance.

I got mine for a breaker Audi / VW parts Sussex cost 12.00
they do mail order. have a look at scrap yard threads for details.:ILU:

type4matt
09-10-08, 20:38
Got mine from the main dealer, 20.89+vat.

Part no : V7D2 815 915. T:

floyddoyle
09-10-08, 21:26
i ve seen them for about 12 or 13 delivered just kampers or brickwerks i think...... although they wont be vw......:ILU:

T4Tasty
09-10-08, 23:38
Having put up with the hot engine smell in my cab for long enough I did a few searches on here and quickly realised that I'm missing my pollen filter cover, and this maybe one of the reasons for the smell.

My van is a 2003 2.5 tdi (102). Where is the best place to get a cover from? Is it a main dealer type of item only? What sort of price am I looking at?

Also would a pollen filter cover from any other van fit? I notice there are a couple being broken on the for sale threads.

Hopefully this will sort the smell out, if not I'll go back to the drawing board

When I've had his problem I usually shower and the smell seems to disapear LOL:

optimus primer
10-10-08, 15:37

I came to the very same conclusion a couple of days ago when I realised mine was missing too! glad that I now have the part number so I can get to the dealer and get the smell sorted once and for all!!

T4 Matt
10-10-08, 18:05
FYI there is one on ebay at the momentT:

optimus primer
10-10-08, 18:06
i had a look but couldnt find one what's it listed as?

T4 Matt
10-10-08, 18:09
i had a look but couldnt find one what's it listed as?

Item number: 180296900702 but the bid is already over 20:( but it does include all 3 partsT:

optimus primer
10-10-08, 18:10
ah, I saw that but what I'm after is the cover that goes over that and the battery.