Wing mirror glass - help needed!! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Wing mirror glass - help needed!!

jfc202
10-10-08, 12:05
Im heading to North Devon this weekend and need the wing mirror glass (passenger side) as some numpty hit mine off, but im having trouble finding one that will fit!! :(
I ordered the part from JustKampers, it arrived the next day and I expected it to pop straight on. The part that came is for a ball and socket joint, however on my wing mirror casing it is roughly a 4 inch circular plate that the glass plugs into with three pins.
So.....ive just called up gsf to get something today, however the part that they also have is a ball and socket joint. Anybody have any clues why my wing mirror is different? and where I can get a replacement glass at short notice?!

Ide really appreciate any help asap, the surf is calling!!!
The van by the way is a 2000 plate T4 LWB 2.5 tdi.

reimoboy
10-10-08, 13:02
Try giving these guys a call http://www.eurocarparts.com/default.asp

or ring up main dealer to get part number from your vin number. Try Dazboi01 (Darren, member on here) at Cordwallis commercials (main dealer) http://www.vwvancentres.co.uk/van-centres/cordwalliscommercials/departments-and-opening-times/

Dazboi
10-10-08, 15:55
Im heading to North Devon this weekend and need the wing mirror glass (passenger side) as some numpty hit mine off, but im having trouble finding one that will fit!! :(
I ordered the part from JustKampers, it arrived the next day and I expected it to pop straight on. The part that came is for a ball and socket joint, however on my wing mirror casing it is roughly a 4 inch circular plate that the glass plugs into with three pins.
So.....ive just called up gsf to get something today, however the part that they also have is a ball and socket joint. Anybody have any clues why my wing mirror is different? and where I can get a replacement glass at short notice?!

Ide really appreciate any help asap, the surf is calling!!!
The van by the way is a 2000 plate T4 LWB 2.5 tdi.

the manual ones have a ball socket and the electric mirrors have a circular plate with electric connections, most main dealers will keep them in stock

jfc202
10-10-08, 16:19
T:Thanks for the help, theres no electronics coming from them, theyre definately manual mirrors, somebody must have replaced the casing with the wrong part, so Ive got one ball and socket joint on the drivers side and a circular plate for elelctronic mirrors with out the electronics on the passengers! Thats solved that....thanks

Century
10-10-08, 17:10
Why not go to main dealer????????????

splitmike
11-10-08, 16:47
I got mine form german and sweedish think it was about 20 dead easy to fit and it a vw one too

Mike

firstglass
11-10-08, 21:01
Arnt you the guy that asked me for a price a fortnight ago?, if your not emma,s boyfriend i do apoligies, but if it is, and you had got it from me, then possibly you would have had the correct one by now.