2.4 diesel lwb 1997 for sale

berto`n`betty
14-10-12, 19:24
i have decided to sell my r reg vw t4 lwb 2.4 d

the item number on E BAY IS 251167985322

https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/picture.php?albumid=9689&pictureid=67440

OTHER PHOTOS ARE IN MY ALBUM,AND SHOWS WHEELARCHES BEFORE PAINT

1997 VW TRANSPORTER T4 LWB 2.4 DIESEL MANUAL

no mot or tax currently sorned,i have the v5 document,1 key ,but no service history

I have owned this since july 2009,bought it from a carpet fitter,who was changing his van,he obviously maintained very well as it was his business van,
since i have had it it has covered less than 100 miles,and has been sorned,i had intended to convert to weekend camper,and have done some work,but never actually used it,it has been just sat on drive.

the mileage is around 270,000, i will confirm this tomorrow,as i need to connect the battery to read display,

the van starts first time,engine revs freely no smoke,bit noisy but will definitely need a good service,as has done little more than backwards and forwards,no noise from clutch bearing,and engages gears no problem,
i have 1 key as i lost the key with chip in at some point,so an immobiliser by pass was carried out using instructions found on the most excellent vw t4 forum.i know the glow plugs and alternator belt was replaced summer 2009

drivers door lock faulty,side and passenger locks work fine,and the rear barn doors open from the inside.

the van is being sold with no mot,and i am certain brake pads and discs will be needed,unsure about other failure points,but the exhaust doesnt blow,the tyres are all good,because i replaced them this summer,
the rears/spare are 215/70x15 and the fronts are 195/70x15

havent got a photo but there is a crease in side door low down and not very deep.

as the van has been sat on drive it became a hobby/plaything so i have aerosol canned the outside with grey primer,we think it looks great,but some may say its not a particular good finish,and sprayed a union jack in matt black,there was some surface rust around front wheelarches which i rubbed back to bare metal and then kure-rusted before spraying,also the jacking point under the passenger front side has collapsed at some point,but there were/are no holes in the body that needed filling,
the roof still needs paint and is the original blue albeit rubbed down,the insides of door are still original blue paint,interior is ply lined

all lights,indicators,horn,wipers work(needs wiper blades) radio/cd player works,

doors all open and close freely but some of the door seals might need replacing although water doesnt get in,the side door roller is new

all seat belts work,and there are leather look seat covers in place

the battery was new in summer 2009,and i have kept it charged and disconnected in between start ups

no cracks in any glass

thats it i have given an honest description,of an honest van, it has got plenty of life left in her yet

as i said the brakes are grinding so the winning bidder will need trailer/tow but thats upto you..

i am starting the bidding at 650 and believe its worth every penny,i dont how much it cost to get mot'd but with a valid mot would be double the price

viewing is recommended , please only bid if you are going to turn up a pay,

once bidding has finished there will be no negotiating about price

i am in ramsgate kent, come and have a look

happy bidding.....cash on collection