Side door gone stiff and orrible. [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Side door gone stiff and orrible.

Wavestarved
13-10-08, 10:29
Hey all,
anyone got any advice for sorting out my side slider? The door's gone reallyt stiff and sounds like it's about to stop sliding all together.
How hard is it to replace the rollers? How much are these items? Am I looking at a big repair bill if I take it to a garage?

Thanks all
Jase

steve padda
13-10-08, 11:10
Hi mate
there was a thread on here not long back, and you can get them from various places, ebay included.
No doubt some one with more info will be along soon (clearer than my ramblings)
steve
T:

steve padda
13-10-08, 11:13
Hi again
have a look in the tech articles, there is a member who has put up a how too on the bottom rollers.
steve

Wavestarved
19-10-08, 23:51
Cheers buddy, just off to the tech section....:ILU:

Rustybus
20-10-08, 07:20
Looks like T4sRus now do bottom rollers :D

nealglover
20-10-08, 07:37
Yep, www.t4srus.co.uk 21.99 !!

I bought a set from VW about a year ago for 88+vat !!

Some of the eBay ones are just the rollers so you have to mount them on the runner and it's a pain in the **** but T4srus ones are all mounted and ready to go.

t4telf
20-10-08, 11:48
I have just joined this forum (another ex AA owner) and the same day my sliding door bottom roller fell apart. Great advice guys very much appreciated - i just ordered one from t4srus. Cant seem to find the tech pages on how to fit it - anyone know a good link?

Rustybus
20-10-08, 12:10
https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8998&highlight=sliding+door+roller This should help

Phoenixsp1
20-10-08, 15:42
Hey all,
anyone got any advice for sorting out my side slider? The door's gone reallyt stiff and sounds like it's about to stop sliding all together.
How hard is it to replace the rollers? How much are these items? Am I looking at a big repair bill if I take it to a garage?

Thanks all
Jase

Mine did that not long ago as i think the bottom roller was seizing up, so I coated it in spray grease and its working fine again.