single wiper conversion anyone ???????? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

single wiper conversion anyone ????????

Pedro
16-10-08, 22:46
I thought i would post this for anyone looking to get a single wiper conversion for their t4, today i took my van to STORM WIPERS where the very helpful Nick Sanders built a single wiper conversion for my 1998 swb t4 it only took a few hours to complete and now he has kits available through ebay ,good quality and works superbly.I cannot say enough good things about it or Nick You can get hold of all the info on ebay just search" single wiper "

Jim Doodle
16-10-08, 23:10
Hey there,

whats the advantage of a single wiper?

apart from looking cool

nealglover
16-10-08, 23:24
unless it has a rise and fall cam like the Merc's that have a single wiper, surely you have less visible area ?

Jim Doodle
16-10-08, 23:28
hey wattie are you sure you are not "Nick Sanders" I:

I could still be sold on the single wiper idea, need some pics though?

vanbling
17-10-08, 00:34
Just like to point out that a single wiper conversion for the T4 has being available for years from FK Automotive Rasp:

Pedro
17-10-08, 19:15
they may list them but getting one for rh drive is not so easy................. just trying to be helpful sorry i will know better next time

Pedro
17-10-08, 19:48
unless it has a rise and fall cam like the Merc's that have a single wiper, surely you have less visible area ?

no not at all there is a small triangle in the corner but makes no difference what so ever it is a good conversion, proper linkage and lever set up, not just a longer crank arm

BANANAVAN
17-10-08, 19:56
pics!!!!! Come get um up! where does it park ? what size blade does it use?

BANANAVAN
17-10-08, 20:03

thinking same here :confused:

Drove a 5 series BMW a while back and on a certain year of those the never changed the wipers from LHD to RHD and there was a mass of unswept area.

Pedro
17-10-08, 20:40
thinking same here :confused:

Drove a 5 series BMW a while back and on a certain year of those the never changed the wipers from LHD to RHD and there was a mass of unswept area.

NO NO NO I WILL POST PICS

Pedro
17-10-08, 20:42
pics!!!!! Come get um up! where does it park ? what size blade does it use?

LEFT SIDE .RIGHT SIDE OR CENTRE ITS UP TO YOU 28" BLADE AND LONGER ARM

BANANAVAN
17-10-08, 21:24
NO NO NO I WILL POST PICS

T:T: good one fella

colese
18-10-08, 05:24
Just like to point out that a single wiper conversion for the T4 has being available for years from FK Automotive Rasp:

f k automotive ones are for left hand drive,motor,linkage everything is bolted to other side of van,had two of these kits,as said in other threads on forum,even had to move my brake lines and valve.But they still dont fit correctly,have had a few things from F K Automotive an have been good quailty,but wiper conversions are made from metal,the same as they would make a car one from,as the T4's have bigger arms and blades the metal on the linkage flexs because it is so thin.........

Been in a dispute with F K Auotmotive now for a long time over the quailty of the linkage,as have two brake on me.

Spoke to NIck at storm wipers and he comes from a commercial background so understands that the kits need to be stronger and has identified away of fixing to original side of van.

Glad this has been sorted as such a simple mod,you would of thought would of been easy,but after a few kits and even trying to make one myself from a old sirocco motor that sweeps 180,no luck.

Got one of these on order and nick reckons that i wont be dissapointed,says between 1 to 2 hours to fit,but reckons could be done in 20mins if you know what do.........

Think i might have this fitted in 10mins,the amount of :c times i have had this wiper motor on and off.LOL:LOL:

Good luck everyone.