Anyone interested in a Hampshire meet? [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Anyone interested in a Hampshire meet?

T4_Pimp
26-10-08, 14:21
As the title says! any one interested, or know of a meet?
It'd be great to see others mods and swap ideas, even tho my van is only just starting its change from a old plumbers work horse!

lance2001 t4
26-10-08, 14:34
i would be interestedT: mines a shed aswell goes in for paint 1st of december so will be a bit more presentable after then:)

t4toad
26-10-08, 14:54
up for a meet I'm in godalming had van 6 weeks.Live in surrey but grow up in Hampshire.T:

marksobar
26-10-08, 18:02
me too nice to know i'm not the only one driving a tatty one down south!H:

Hampshire3321
27-10-08, 10:34
Why not.............. Im based in Fareham so sure we could arrange something. I see quite a few nice T4's everyday on the way into work (southampton) so their are plenty around. For those that may have seen mine its the BRIGHT Blue (kindo of neon gulf blue) T4 panel van with tinted (too dark for my liking) window's.

How about a seaside venue? Pompey seafront? Portsdown hill? Lee-on-solent(gosport), or even somewhere in the New forest?

marksobar
27-10-08, 17:25
that sounds cool went to the pompy vw aircool meet once met at coach station then took a crusie to some boozer.

T4_Pimp
27-10-08, 17:34
Just seen a pair of T4s driving through Bordon, one black, one white. Wanted to catch up to make a convoy. A:
But they got through the lights before me. :(

Sea side sounds cool for a venue.

Blakey
27-10-08, 17:55
As the title says! any one interested, or know of a meet?
It'd be great to see others mods and swap ideas, even tho my van is only just starting its change from a old plumbers work horse!

I would if I had a van....:(

Paxo
27-10-08, 18:27
what about Dorset side of Hampshire Cadnam area ! may get a few dorset boys over !

simdub71
27-10-08, 18:46
I'm from down that way.. Cadnam. Waiting to meet a man about a van now so would be up for it if it comes off!

marksobar
27-10-08, 18:48
i acn do anywhere being smack in the middleA:

Van'Cooke
28-10-08, 13:18
I would like to see a hampshire meeting.

I am in Hedge End Southampton.

If it going to be Hants make access easy. off of the M3 maybe

simplepsy
28-10-08, 13:22
I proposed a pompey one a while back but didnt do anything about it. Everyone seems keen though.

TBH the only valid place for one would be porstmouth sea front. It has to be doesent it LOL:

Jono
28-10-08, 21:38
I'm up for a meet somewhere sometime, good idea mentioning the Dorset clan, Hecky does a monthly meet and I'm sure him and the rest of the gang would tip up to support a meet if it was close to them;)

Cheers

Jono.

Jean Claude Van Dub
29-10-08, 15:52
Count me in !!!! Shirley, Southampton reporting for duty ....Someone suggest a place with decent parking so we can get this show on the road :)

How about the Pub on Beaulieu Road next to the Hotel (link shows hotel which is next door to pub)

http://www.newforesthotels.co.uk/BeaulieuHotel.asp

What do you guys think ? Its got a gravel car park opposite which is big enough for a few vans, slap me if thats a idea as i know noone wants stone chips but im trying to think of somewhere with decent parking.

Cant wait to meet some local dubbers !

t4toad
29-10-08, 16:49
fine by me mate just have to drive like a split or a bay ( SLOW ) HA HA

marksobar
29-10-08, 17:58
i'm up for that too need some tax first :(

Jean Claude Van Dub
31-10-08, 11:30
Anyone about for a meeting this Sunday ?? Im up for it ! Can meet at Bealieu Road or somewhere in Southampton if its easier for people ? :)

marksobar - I can give you a lift in my old shed of a van if yours isnt on the road by sunday

t4toad - you up for a meet this sunday ?

T4 Pimp (of course)
Van'Cooke
SimplePsy
Jono
simdub71
Paxo
Blakey
Hampshire3321
lance2001 t4

You guys up for this Sunday at Beaulieu Road ?

Anybody else up for a get together this Sunday, please tune in and register your interest on this righteous thread!

Lets make it happen T:

t4toad
31-10-08, 14:40
yes i am up for that need time and address wife not happy kids halloween party 1.till 3 but the van wins ;) I love my wife T: A: A: A:

Jean Claude Van Dub
31-10-08, 14:50
nice one toady my good man !!! T:

Shall we call it:

3pm at Beaulieu Road Pub, Beaulieu, Hampshire, SO42 7YQ

Its next door to the Beaulieu Hotel and there is a nice big car park opposite :)

Sound ok to you ?

So who else is up for it ?

simplepsy
31-10-08, 15:05
Im in Manchester:-(

I will definately arrange a southsea meet though, as there are a few T4 owners I know who are not active on the forum.

Il also forward the details of this beaulieu meet to them

Have fun y'all T:

StephenTazz
31-10-08, 16:06
Been trying to get folks geared up for a meet at Shephard and Flock in Farnham for months...

t4toad
31-10-08, 16:42
see you all there on Sunday and also up for meet at shepherd and flock got to paint the boys room to keep the wife happy also got to clean my van.

marksobar
31-10-08, 17:25
Anyone about for a meeting this Sunday ?? Im up for it ! Can meet at Bealieu Road or somewhere in Southampton if its easier for people ? :)

marksobar - I can give you a lift in my old shed of a van if yours isnt on the road by sunday

t4toad - you up for a meet this sunday ?

T4 Pimp (of course)
Van'Cooke
SimplePsy
Jono
simdub71
Paxo
Blakey
Hampshire3321
lance2001 t4

Lets make it happen T:

I should be able to make it (my weekend with kids!!!!) gonna tax van in the morning if insurance docs turn up so should be able to drive the van (looks more like a builders van at mo)LOL:
thanks for the offer of a lift. if i get stuck and can palm kids of i'l take you up on the offer

ecosset4
31-10-08, 21:49
White van in portsmouth...interested if you have a date.

Jean Claude Van Dub
01-11-08, 09:05
It looks like there'll be at least 3 of us so far which isnt too bad but we need more !!

ecosset4 the time and date are:

Sunday 2nd November - 3pm at Beaulieu Road Pub, Beaulieu, Hampshire, SO42 7YQ

Shame ur not coming down psy but it is a fair old trek, yours was one of the first conversion diaries I read which really spurred me on to get a van..If you arrange a Southsea meet give us a shout as its only down the road :)

So who else is coming to what I'm sure will go down in history as the maiden meet of the Hampshire Dub Collective, come on.. you know you want to !!

mcjjordan
01-11-08, 13:10
i cant make it gonna spend the day (hopefully) doing my velle brakes and need the van as all me tools are on it

mark-if you go pass on the word

marksobar
01-11-08, 18:06
no worries matt
any one need electric sorting on van he his your man A:

Jean Claude Van Dub
02-11-08, 12:05
Well the day is finally upon us :)

See you there at 3pm guys !!!

t4toad
02-11-08, 12:09
see you all at 3 wife is not happy ha ha

Mad Aly
02-11-08, 14:51
Well Guy's how did it go ? Missed this meet havent logged on for a while bit short notice but well done for sorting a meet T: let us know if another one is on the agenda, Southsea sounds good to me as well.

Aly.

marksobar
02-11-08, 18:04
sorry chaps i could not make it had a few probs at home with kids :c def up for the next time.

Jean Claude Van Dub
02-11-08, 18:26
Hey Alys + marksobar

Definately another meet on the cards, shall we call it the first sunday of december, which my phone is telling me is the 7th, same place as today ?

Sunday 7th December - 2pm at Beaulieu Road Pub, Beaulieu, Hampshire, SO42 7YQ

Shame you couldnt come down mark but we'll be looking forward to seeing you and the van in december T:

Alys - the meet was really good, its starting out small but im sure next month will be bigger. Met up with T4 Toad who I have to say is a great guy and is doing a sterling job on his team red 800 special; home made rock and roll bed in the back that just looked the nuts, im not sure if hes got any pics of that bed on here but wow i want one..something to be proud of better than most ive seen ! nice windows on the toad bus too, bonded dark tint on both sides, again done himself, they looked factory ! Made my stock 800 look pretty poor but 'shes got potential' (to use up all my money) and will make me a happy camper one day..

Im even more inspired now to get cracking on the van project and hopefully have some mods to talk about for next months meet H:

PS almost forgot thanks for the guaze t4 toad, will get that in one evening this week ! also expect pm re knob extension ;)

Jono
02-11-08, 21:49
Sorry I couldn't make this one:( Had a party to go to last night and there was no way on earth I was gonna manage a 100 mile round trip this afternoon:eek:

Hope to make the next one if I canT: Good effort all round for those that made it,

Cheers

Jono.

Hampshire3321
03-11-08, 07:58
Only just seen the thread this morning - Although i do work on Sunday's so i wouldnt have been able to get away from work seen as i am a motorsport photographer, its my main work day. Hope it was a good un - If their are any other meet's on any other day then Sunday i will try and get their.

Andy

alantotton
07-12-08, 15:19
Hi all went to Beaulieu Rd Pub today and apart from our dogs Sam and I were all alone, good job we only live a few miles away or would have been really p****d off.