Coolent leek. Help [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Coolent leek. Help

Van'Cooke
03-11-08, 17:10
I have a 1999 SWB 2.5 102bhp 100k miles.

I have been lossing coolent so I popped it into my local grease monkey. (done great work before)

Thinking it was a hose leek. he has told me its the waterpump leeking.(Could this be ture?)

I have no history on the engine but have been advised to change the cam belt @107 miles.
I have read the threads about changing water pumps at the same time as the cam belt.

NOW here is my main question?

Is it economical I have my cam belt changed NOW, at the same time as my water pump.

If so, what should I be paying for both jobs or together

Please help forum, your are my only hope.:ILU:

rjm
03-11-08, 17:16
I would change the water pump at the same time as the cam belt as the pump I believe is also the tensioner.

Rustybus
03-11-08, 19:51
Contact Dazboi01 he runs a VW workshop in Maidenhead, usually does a good deal for forum members

Van'Cooke
04-11-08, 17:40
I have a 1999 SWB 2.5 102bhp 100k miles.

I have been lossing coolent so I popped it into my local grease monkey. (done great work before)

Thinking it was a hose leek. he has told me its the waterpump leeking.(Could this be ture?)

I have no history on the engine but have been advised to change the cam belt @107 miles.
I have read the threads about changing water pumps at the same time as the cam belt.

NOW here is my main question?

Is it economical I have my cam belt changed NOW, at the same time as my water pump.

If so, what should I be paying for both jobs or together

Please help forum, your are my only hope.:ILU:

Thanks guy.

Good Times! it was not the water pump and cam

Bad Times! The rad had split. 256.00:(

RaCiNg SnAkE
04-11-08, 18:27
At least you know what to get your mechanic for Christmas - a pair of glasses!

Quite a difference between a water pump and a radiator me thinks! :)

bravocorsa
04-11-08, 19:15
256 was that fitted? you should have tried asking on the forum!!

http://www.adrad.co.uk/index.php