Headrests [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Headrests

muddysteve
06-11-08, 17:50
Had the van a few days now and thinking it could be a keeper A:

one little niggle i have got is the rear double seat seems to have lost its headrests (03 plate ex AA), are they the same as the front ones or are they specific to the rear bench?

vwaddict
06-11-08, 17:55
i think theyre all the same mate certainly on the velle anyway back fits the front and vice versa

Paxo
06-11-08, 20:29
Send mesage to windwelder (trevor miles) he may have one if your after one T:good luck

nealglover
06-11-08, 21:08
Had the van a few days now and thinking it could be a keeper A:

one little niggle i have got is the rear double seat seems to have lost its headrests (03 plate ex AA), are they the same as the front ones or are they specific to the rear bench?

Not 100% sure but think they are are the same.

But if you take one off the front seat, and try it in the back that might help decide :D

muddysteve
07-11-08, 16:04
Not 100% sure but think they are are the same.

But if you take one off the front seat, and try it in the back that might help decide :D

bugger

didnt think of that I:

however i can confirm they are the same as the ones from the front do fit the back LOL:

So all i need is a pair of inca headrests

wind welder
07-11-08, 16:59
bugger

didnt think of that I:

however i can confirm they are the same as the ones from the front do fit the back LOL:

So all i need is a pair of inca headrests

Hi,

I see my name has been taken in vain again, Cheers PaxoT:

All the T4 headrests are fitted with the same pins! There are however two sizes of headrests, The ones normally fitted to "vans" and the ones normally fitted to "caravelles"

All that being said there is no hard and fast rule! and later in the production run, they seem to have fitted whatever they had to hand.

If you measure the circumferance of the headrest between the pins I will see what I have "in stock"

Cheers Trev.

steve73
07-11-08, 17:03
Just to back Trevor up a bit, i can confirm there are 2 different sizes as i have bothT:T:

muddysteve
07-11-08, 17:43
Hi,

I see my name has been taken in vain again, Cheers PaxoT:

All the T4 headrests are fitted with the same pins! There are however two sizes of headrests, The ones normally fitted to "vans" and the ones normally fitted to "caravelles"

All that being said there is no hard and fast rule! and later in the production run, they seem to have fitted whatever they had to hand.

If you measure the circumferance of the headrest between the pins I will see what I have "in stock"

Cheers Trev.

Cool, i'll whip the tape measure out at work tomorow and be in touch

wind welder
07-11-08, 17:47
Hi,

Could you reply either on this thread, or directly to my Email address (it's in my signature)

My PM box is constantly hitting 100% full.

Cheers Trev.

muddysteve
09-11-08, 10:36
Hi,

Could you reply either on this thread, or directly to my Email address (it's in my signature)

My PM box is constantly hitting 100% full.

Cheers Trev.

been out and measured up

the distance between the pins is 135mm

[]<------135mm-------->[]

as for the size of the actual headrest it doesn't really matter as long as they are the same size ;)

muddysteve
10-11-08, 10:17
that didnt make sense did it :confused:

i mean both the same size for the rear seat

Fatboy35
10-11-08, 16:09
T: I knew what you ment, which is'nt much use, as i'm not supplying the headrests :(

IGMC

ahay!
10-11-08, 16:29
T: I knew what you ment, which is'nt much use, as i'm not supplying the headrests :(

IGMC

Yeah me too..................................
As in, I knew what you meant, and i dont have any spare headrests I:

I love helping , it makes you feel all warm inside :D

wind welder
10-11-08, 16:34
WHAT WHAT????

Did I miss something?

OK I have the headrests with me now tomorrow I will get the postage price from the post office and give you a total price.

Cheers Trev.

bigcat
10-11-08, 17:52
I think the size of headrest depends largely on whether the van had a full height bulkhead or not, the "thinner" ones fitting with the bulkhead in place.
( I've been wrong before, mind, and arrived at this theory largely without the help of a grown up).