Seats [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Seats

ollyfly
08-11-08, 22:01
Hi there, anyone know what seats fit straight on to vw t4 bases without any modifications?

And before you post! I know T4 ones do! :)

Thanks F L Y

Blackett
09-11-08, 10:00
Shame there isn't a thing on here called technical articles (https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where you could search for things you want to know without someone repeating the same question every day! I:

Ian. :D

Vyper
09-11-08, 10:09
Shame there isn't a thing on here called technical articles (https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=22) where you could search for things you want to know without someone repeating the same question every day! I:

Ian. :D

Oh catty! Give the guy a chance he's only on his 50th post. Rasp:

Most things will have been discussed before matey so as my esteemed colleague has pointed out, tech articles is a good place to have a butchers!

ANd as Ian said.....TADA!!! (https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=22) :wzd

:)

Vyper

ollyfly
09-11-08, 10:42
Hey come on i know! LoL But that thread only shows the fitting of 2 seat, both of which required plates fitting.

I just wondered if you can get some seats which would just bolt straight on to the existing bases with no hassle

;)

SuperStyle Dan
09-11-08, 10:56
I can sort you some Cobra seats mate that drop straight onto your original seat base..

Most peeps go for the Le mans, they look dope in a T4..

Gimme a buzz 07967391928 or Pm

Cheers

Dan

Zappally
09-11-08, 10:56
In short pretty much no mate, most alternative seats will require some fabrication T:

Blackett
09-11-08, 11:01
Hey come on i know! LoL But that thread only shows the fitting of 2 seat, both of which required plates fitting.

I just wondered if you can get some seats which would just bolt straight on to the existing bases with no hassle

;)

Are we talking about the same thread? Show us your seats (https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4609) right at the top which has three pages of seats! I am sure there's some inspiration in there somewhere. T:

Ian.

Vyper
09-11-08, 16:02
Are we talking about the same thread? Show us your seats (https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4609) right at the top which has three pages of seats! I am sure there's some inspiration in there somewhere. T:

Ian.

Have to agree there mate, people do need to look around rather than just up.

Now if I see another angel eye thread go up why I'll..... :c.

LOL:

Vyper

Roleur Coaster
09-11-08, 16:45
Well, I was just wondering if I could get some angel eyes for my pedal cycle as well!

Blackett
09-11-08, 20:33
Well, I was just wondering if I could get some angel eyes for my pedal cycle as well!

Does anyone on here know:

1. How to get more power from a 2.4?
2. How to lower a T4?
3. How to blank off a GRE...RGE...GER...RAGE erm EGR thingy?
4. How to work out what load rating my wheels are?
5. How tall/long/wide/heavy my van/caravelle is?
6. How to get rid of condensation?
7. Where I can get a top class complete respray for 20?
8. What the best smelling Magic Tree is?
9. Where you can buy something for nothing?
10. What the hell a Technical Article is?

Ian. I:

Vyper
11-11-08, 08:34

2. How to lower a T4?

Ian. I:

Or the best one...where can I get a replacement VW part from?

LOL:

jane/rob&dennis
11-11-08, 09:17

2. How to lower a T4?

Ian. I:

Or the best one...where can I get a replacement VW part from?

LOL:

you've forgot what do you think of.........
Which wheels fit

OK we are now getting catty and potentially putting off people from asking serious question.

If people stop repeating questions Simon will have to do his OU work rather paste appropirate links.

Here to help

Rob

swaffs
11-11-08, 13:53
To be honest I have reviewed the 'look at my seats' thread, and they all needed modification, there is nothing saying

XXXX model seats just went straight on, so I don't think the question was that bad!

jane/rob&dennis
11-11-08, 14:03
To be honest I have reviewed the 'look at my seats' thread, and they all needed modification, there is nothing saying

XXXX model seats just went straight on, so I don't think the question was that bad!

no it wasn't, it was us lot going all random. though saying that it does seem that most of the desireable seats do require modding, most only require spacer bars making up and trust me they'are worth it.

Rob riding on Scooby seats!

T4_Pimp
11-11-08, 14:09
Just to get back onto the original question! Rasp:

I've recently got some Jag X type seats (electric everything!)
I was going to modify the seat bases as they would be too high to "just bolt in"

Then I realised the easiest way to solve the height problem. I'm completely removing the T4 seat base/box and in its place bolting in two peices (per seat) of 50x100mm box section steel. To these I will drill the holes to match the jag seat rails, and hey presto!

The fact that the box section is 50mm wide allows for the slight difference in width of the jag seat rails.

I think this is one of the simpler ways to mount seats from other manufacturers. (kick me if I'm wrong :eek:)

The box section is being "produced" and cut for me (for 3 packets of chocolate biscuits!) from my place of "work" I:
It'll be square at the front and angled at the back to adjust for the length.

I'll get some pics taken when all the bits are together and ready to fit, just need some high tensile bolts! and to run a fused feed for the electrickery.