Help! central locking nightmare [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Help! central locking nightmare

T4Tasty
13-11-08, 22:53
Hi all I'm having to manually lock the van after my remote central locking decided to pack in....however I don't think its broken just a bit of wiring loose...it was in bodyshop for spray work on bumpers and was getting inside looked at for resprayed dash so they took the door card/panel off, disconnected the electrics on that side elec windows etc I presume and now it don't work....any one with electrical know how/what could go wrong (i thought central locking was meant to be straight forward!) or even better fancy taking a trip to poole to have a look? :confused:T:

tocca
14-11-08, 17:33
When you open the door, are the rubber bellows there? if you can take the door card off, take it off and make sure the plug is in the solenoid! :)

T4Tasty
14-11-08, 19:33
When you open the door, are the rubber bellows there? if you can take the door card off, take it off and make sure the plug is in the solenoid! :)

rubber bellows....they are the squishy things near the hinge right? yep they are there.....what impact does that have then?:confused: I could take the door card off and check to see if the plug is in the solenoid....haven't tried that yet T:

tocca
14-11-08, 21:48
Just thought if they stripped it to paint maybe they didnt put it back together at all. Check the solenoid plug in the door, if not come back and ill think of else where to check :)

Paul Martin
20-11-08, 17:20
Shouldn't be too hard to sort out if you're still having problems?

Long Van Man
20-11-08, 21:35
Simple I know but have you had a look at the fuse to see if its blown.;)