Disabled friendly T4 [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Disabled friendly T4

SAFECRACKER
16-11-08, 20:38
My brother is thinking about purchasing a T4 (dont blame him) A: but it needs to be Disabled friendly, he has spotted this Van

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250314012916

on Ebay, and wants some advice, especially regarding the conversion and the fact thats its only a 2.0l petrol.

Any info would be apreciated...

Thanx in advance...

team french
16-11-08, 21:05
didnt think they made a 2l petrol that late:dunno: but looks alot like mine convertion wise but mine has a side lift that comes out from the floor at the sld. it looks a lot neater and gives more room inside. i dont use the lift(intend to take it off some time) but mine seats five, two singles in the cab, then two on rails and one bolted in the rear corner but it used to have one bolted in the other corner so was a six seater(i do have the spare still) and with the one seat pushed back on the rails to make a row of three would leave enough room for a wheelchair inside by the sld.

i was going to post some pics but photobucket is being well s:ct!!!!

bluebus66
17-11-08, 05:55
Hi,
I just bought a 2.5 petrol auto caravelle conversion with a wheelchair lift under the side door. It still has the full set of caravelle gl seats, 5 in the back, and numerous options for wheelchair mounting.
Apart from the controls and hydraulic pump in the boot, it doesn't intrude on the van at all.
If I ever get the time to remove it, the full kit would be for sale.
If you'r anywhere near Sheffield feel free to come and have a look for comparison.

Harisa
17-11-08, 08:24
Hello
We have the exact same lift sat in the corner of our workshop gathering dust. I removed it from our van when we got it along with the rear seats etc. If anyones interested make me an offer by pm. It all worked when I took it out a few months ago, only thing i would say is this is a HEAVY bit of kit. The single rear seats are alo about too if anyone wants to make an offer :)

projektoettinger
17-11-08, 08:42
well you saw our black one at vanfest i would say your better getting one with a ramp like that . unless your tight for space where its parked the this lift is perfect, it will make a hell of a lot of difference having such a heavy thing right at the back. even our light one does ,might be worth looking around and seeing what other options are availible as different systems better for different people daz

Mick
17-11-08, 09:41
Its a god awful colour, flat green. And those side windows.....

You`ll be forever pulling around a quarter of a ton of lift, if its possible it`d be far better to have a ramp instead.

There appears to be very little variation available in the back. The w/c goes in one place and one place only, and no ability to fit extra chairs.

On the plus side, its low mileage.

But.......

I had a similar set-up to this, and ended up swapping my 35,000 miler for a 135,000 ex-working van and converting it myself. That way you get it how you want it. It doesn`t cost over much (VAT free) but is labour intensive at first.

charliedharma
17-11-08, 10:09
safecracker your brother might be interested in cornishvans.com in roseudgeon ,just out side of penzance,they seem to have plenty of mobility vans,i think thats what they call them.so often have lifts ramps etc.they usually seem to have about 30,000 on the clock and are in good condition,they dont seem to be bargains but im no expert on prices.
good for research anyway

Mad Aly
17-11-08, 17:28
Hi ,

Try this link here might be of some help

https://www.vwt4forum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18772&highlight=disabled+vans

AlyT:

Veedubya
17-11-08, 17:31
safecracker your brother might be interested in cornishvans.com in roseudgeon ,just out side of penzance,they seem to have plenty of mobility vans,i think thats what they call them.so often have lifts ramps etc.they usually seem to have about 30,000 on the clock and are in good condition,they dont seem to be bargains but im no expert on prices.
good for research anyway

I've just bought one form Cornishvans, they aren't bargains but Dave who sells the vans is a top bloke and hot on customer service, and as all ready mentioned, all low mileage, plus he does the cambelt and pulleys and the first service in with the price.