2.5 tdi choke question [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

2.5 tdi choke question

ribraff
18-11-08, 15:19
Hi

I picked up my 2.5tdi T4 last week and I'm pretty chuffed with it so far, earlier today I noticed something which I thought was a bit odd so am asking for your assistance:

Since I picked it up I did think it was a bit slow having owned an older Audi A6 which had the same 5 cyl engine. Earlier today it suddenly gained more power as if the turbo was boosting more and the van was flying along but it has cut back to being slow again, the previous owner mentioned that the boost is limited until the engine is warm, is this right and could this be connected?
Many thanks in advance

T4 VIRGIN,
19-11-08, 15:50
Hi

I picked up my 2.5tdi T4 last week and I'm pretty chuffed with it so far, earlier today I noticed something which I thought was a bit odd so am asking for your assistance:

Since I picked it up I did think it was a bit slow having owned an older Audi A6 which had the same 5 cyl engine. Earlier today it suddenly gained more power as if the turbo was boosting more and the van was flying along but it has cut back to being slow again, the previous owner mentioned that the boost is limited until the engine is warm, is this right and could this be connected?
Many thanks in advance

never heard of that before-cant see how that would work???
possibly could be a maf sensor or something,is there a light on the dash??