Insurance advice [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Insurance advice

SiC
27-11-08, 20:15
I'm currently running a slammed mk3 golf tdi estate as a daily and have a modded T4 full with full camper conversion (water, elec hook, bed, etc etc) as a second vehicle, plus my missus has a Lupo GTI...

Whats the best thing to do?

Currently golf is with Priveledge using all my no claims as my daily and I was planning to insure van through herts or flux for a few thousand miles a year..

But am I better getting some kind of multi car policy for both my vehicles or even for all 3?

If so who from? Whats cheaper? always had lots of seperate policies but not sure its the best way to go...

Any advise or opinions please? :confused::confused:

Thanks

peckham
27-11-08, 20:44
Hi, ive spent 20 years doing insurance and although dont really deal do motor insurance these days i would still say you are better off shopping around for the best deal on each vehicle. chances are the companies that are good on vans might not be best on modded golfs and so on. youve already mentioned flux and hertz (there the same! these days!) who've got a van scheme and will have modified car schemes too. However they are a broker and the schemes will be operated distinctly, so although they may accomadate both together best to look at individually. Plus you'll probably get better introductory NCD on seperate policies. (espcially with limited mileage) get the quotes with and without using the NCD and you can choose which to use your bonus against until your earned up two lots. remember not to try and use one lot of bonus on both motors. If the insurers chases the proof and checks up on it you good get a nasty bill for a "gross premium". Finally worth reading some of the insurance threads on here. hot topic and quite a few niche quotes obtained from all sorts of places,for example a random NFU office i thin in the south midlands area. Ive got a 52 T$ modded with a reduced NCD (Wrote my last one off!) and its under 500. Its a pain but put the leg work in and itll save your money.

peckham
27-11-08, 20:46
Hi, ive spent 20 years doing insurance and although dont really deal do motor insurance these days i would still say you are better off shopping around for the best deal on each vehicle. chances are the companies that are good on vans might not be best on modded golfs and so on. youve already mentioned flux and hertz (there the same! these days!) who've got a van scheme and will have modified car schemes too. However they are a broker and the schemes will be operated distinctly, so although they may accomadate both together best to look at individually. Plus you'll probably get better introductory NCD on seperate policies. (espcially with limited mileage) get the quotes with and without using the NCD and you can choose which to use your bonus against until your earned up two lots. remember not to try and use one lot of bonus on both motors. If the insurers chases the proof and checks up on it you good get a nasty bill for a "gross premium". Finally worth reading some of the insurance threads on here. hot topic and quite a few niche quotes obtained from all sorts of places,for example a random NFU office i thin in the south midlands area. Ive got a 52 T4 modded with a reduced NCD (Wrote my last one off!) and its under 500. Its a pain but put the leg work in and itll save you money.