dutch confusion.........(Jimbo) [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

dutch confusion.........(Jimbo)

jacob285
28-11-08, 08:47
Hey guys (and girls)
This year was my first visit to vanfest, I liked it a lot.
Even was thinking about comming next year again, but.........................
the roadtax here in Holland and the fuel is not getting cheaper, more more more money we have to pay to our F****** goverment.
So I was thinking to sell my van :( and buying a camper.
Campers are less "charged" because its a recreation vehicle.
But (again) the camper van I probally gonna buy is a Chevy camper van, is it gonna be a problem to camp next year on the T4 field ?????

Jacob from Holland

elvis
28-11-08, 08:58
why dont you convert the t4 into a camper?reregister it to get cheaper costs.

projektoettinger
28-11-08, 20:41
seems the countrys are more alike than i thought , as said above try to re register it as a camper we are able too in this country

ray356
29-11-08, 12:45
hi Jacob, i know you have strange laws on vehicles over there i i lived and worked in Rossendale for a few years and worked on VW's whilst i was there, is your T4 just a van or a dose it have the rear windows and seats in as they are cheaper on tax or may be have a semi high roof fitted as this brings it down a bit from what i can remember

jacob285
30-11-08, 11:31
to Ray,

My van was just a two seater, last year I made it a "crew cab", 3 seats in the back.
I had the thought of making it in to a camper van butt......
I have a 1997 model, and likes to rust.:*
And I build the van up to be a bit sporty and with the camper roof on top, I dont think its sporty anymore.
An other option what I was thinking of, is to buy a 2000 model (or newer) T4 with the VR6 in it or V6.
Petrol cars are less charged for roadtax.
I will see, the van is still running great, and I dont take quick steps in selling my van.

Jimbo
30-11-08, 12:52
Hi Jacob
What every you decide to do, if you make the effort to come over - there will be a space fot you ok :ILU:
The above comment doesn't apply to Vito's tho ok I:
Jimbo

mikey
30-11-08, 15:24
Be nice to see a chevy van amongst all them T4's and T5's :ILU:

Rising Sun Campers
30-11-08, 15:50
Hey guys (and girls)
This year was my first visit to vanfest, I liked it a lot.
Even was thinking about comming next year again, but.........................
the roadtax here in Holland and the fuel is not getting cheaper, more more more money we have to pay to our F****** goverment.
So I was thinking to sell my van :( and buying a camper.
Campers are less "charged" because its a recreation vehicle.
But (again) the camper van I probally gonna buy is a Chevy camper van, is it gonna be a problem to camp next year on the T4 field ?????

Jacob from Holland

Mines for sale if your interested..............

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=150311851765