New rear disks and pads?price!

millsrock
28-11-08, 09:35
Just ben quoted 190 for rear disks and pads fitted

about right or rip off?

Craig

RubberBiker
28-11-08, 10:27
I think I paid about 450 for new discs and pads all round form the Kings Lynn dealership about 6 moths ago. I probably am paying through the nose a bit, but get first class service and an (essential for me) courtesy car.

Whilst there are cheaper deals about, I had problems with calipers seizing on my old T4 after a tyre & brake centre changed the discs - I suspect they were a bit heavy handed, and I've heard that T4 calipers are known to seize more than others.

carlhusky
28-11-08, 16:13
For the parts alone you are looking at about 130 upwards depending on whether they use gen parts or not so about 40 quid labour ? dont sound tooooo bad ?

Dazboi
28-11-08, 16:30
we'd be 182.50 with forum discount plus vat thats genuine parts, could do it alot cheaper using non gen

tu88ie
28-11-08, 16:51
I always phone a few different places always good to shop about but cheapest isnt always the best. i know if you use kwikfit discs and pads are gauranteed for the lifetime you have the car don't know if this would apply to a van though.

millsrock
29-11-08, 11:39
I always phone a few different places always good to shop about but cheapest isnt always the best. i know if you use kwikfit discs and pads are gauranteed for the lifetime you have the car don't know if this would apply to a van though.

Job done at quickfit with lifetime replacment gaurentee

cheers
Craig

tu88ie
29-11-08, 12:17
hate askin but how much did they charge you

kev