Sooo cold. [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

Sooo cold.

robidoo
02-12-08, 18:29
With all this cold weather it's purdy cold in my van on the way to work.
What is the fastest way of warming the cab up?
I have it blowing hot from the front (side) vents but this seems to take an age to get warm
I have rear seats then a bulkhead so the area is quite large.
Was thinking of some curtains behind the front seats, what do you all think?

splitsplat
02-12-08, 19:13
Hi,
Fit one of these http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/splitsplat/DSCN1517.jpg
Switch it on 15 mins before going out and everything is defrosted and nice and toasty:D

T4Tomass
02-12-08, 19:16
Hanging a curtain or a blanket behind the front seats from the ceiling will help. Quick and easy.*<:-)>

robidoo
02-12-08, 19:37
Found some black out curtains in't cupboard upstairs going to try and fit them.
Splitsplat what is in the pic matey I cant make it out?

T4Tomass
02-12-08, 21:12
It's the label that's stuck on a heater, think it's the same as a propex heater?

BICKEY
02-12-08, 21:15
It's the label that's stuck on a heater, think it's the same as a propex heater?

Afraid not a webasto is a similar unit to an eberspacher heater diesel or petrol,propex is gas!

Daaisy
02-12-08, 21:30
After having my van( exaa) for nearly three years and freezing my bits off every winter...........I:

I can now say with authority that the insulation i put in in september Has made a BIG difference ( thanks Ben for all your help and spare insulation!!!:ILU:)

It definitely doesn't feel as cold when you get in to start with and warms up really quick once the heater kicks in

in fact van gets warmer than my house lol !!!!

Daaisy:ILU:

splitsplat
02-12-08, 21:41
The heater is a Webasto ThermoTop and fits some VW's and Landrovers amongst others.It's "plumbed" into the water jacket to pre heat the engine/heater so making the engine easier to start and ready to go!A:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/splitsplat/DSCN1516.jpg

Mark_T4
03-12-08, 16:44
i find not putting the blowers on for a few mins until the engine has warmed up and thermo is open, otherwise the temp gauge takes alot longer to go up with full heat on !

T4 VIRGIN,
03-12-08, 19:32
i have a big blanket hung across van behind front seats works well really notice the difference,i also go outside and start the van and go back in the house for 10 mins before i go to work

and for all you thieves out there i was just kidding-i go outside start the van and put my pit bull in it - before i go back in the houseH:

vwaddict
03-12-08, 19:49
i have a big blanket hung across van behind front seats works well really notice the difference,i also go outside and start the van and go back in the house for 10 mins before i go to work

and for all you thieves out there i was just kidding-i go outside start the van and put my pit bull in it - before i go back in the houseH:

even better start it up then lock your doors with your spare keyLOL:

T4Tomass
03-12-08, 19:55
I haven't got a spare key.
I'd hav to roll the window down, lock the door then reach in and start the van.

Hang on, that's no good is itH:

clunkey
03-12-08, 20:01
it is cold! Real brass monkeys this morning

and i deserve an early x mass pressie

webasto or eberspacher??? And why did you choose?

how much? :eek: i know they aint cheep (flea bay says so (anyone know why i should buy one type over another :dunno:)

who can fit this? how long does it take?

thanks in advance for your answers

BICKEY
03-12-08, 20:06
Hi i fitted my eberspacher in a morning the hardest job was getting a stand pipe into the fuel tank for the fuel supply! but now i'am soooo warmmm.