help on the aerial !!! [Archive] - VW T4 Forum - VW T5 Forum

help on the aerial !!!

t4-4 eva
06-12-08, 11:04
the aerial has snapped on my t4 !!!:eek: how do i change it ??? also i know there is athread on here on putting mesh behinh the grille on the wings but i cant find it !! anyone know how ??? :ILU: cheers in advance :ILU:

Roleur Coaster
06-12-08, 11:12
Aerial kit is about 30 from VW and comes with everything you'll need whether to be short or long nose.

Pretty easy job, remove cab pollen filter housing from nearside of engine bay and gently pull down matting (after unscrewing flat washers (it makes sense when you see them!).

Nice thing is you don't need to feed new cable through bulkhead as aerial cable comes with a join part way along which you can use to plub into your existing (as long as broken one is VW!)

Can't help with mesh, but you'll have to pop the air filter housing off from offside wing.

team french
06-12-08, 11:15
dont know about the aerial but to do the mesh you need to take the air box off(the filler neck comes off the washer bottle with a quarter turn to give abit more room) then take the intake foam ducting out from between the wing skins i then cut my mesh to fit(same kinda shape as the foam ducting, bent it to the same shape as the wing( to follow the swage line etc) put it in place then put the foam duct back in to hold it. then air box back on and job done:ILU:

tho while your in there give the space in between the wings a good clean as i had a good build up of leaves and crud which will help with the offset of rust etc, perhaps a bit of waxoil to help things aswell.

StinkBomber
06-12-08, 12:51
Aerial kit is about 30 from VW and comes with everything you'll need whether to be short or long nose.

Pretty easy job, remove cab pollen filter housing from nearside of engine bay and gently pull down matting (after unscrewing flat washers (it makes sense when you see them!).

Nice thing is you don't need to feed new cable through bulkhead as aerial cable comes with a join part way along which you can use to plub into your existing (as long as broken one is VW!)

Can't help with mesh, but you'll have to pop the air filter housing off from offside wing.

Yeah - What he said.
Nice easy job! :D
Deffo worth investing in the VW part.

t4-4 eva
06-12-08, 20:49
cheers guys :ILU: sunday mornin job for me then !!! i hope I: